Rogers caps.. will they or won't they?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Probably a question still lurking in everyone's minds.. Will Rogers put in caps like they've claimed they will do? If you ask me, their network is not capable of handling such metering. I'm still on a non-docsis Motorola Cybersurfr modem.... And they refuse to upgrade it! (I actually heard somewhere that they lost about 50k new modems which were meant for this area.... Hense they kept us on the old recycled gray boxes). I have to admit tho, I could drop it off the balcony at the 14th floor, and it would still probably work!.

Back to the point.... Has anyone heard news about Rogers' intentions?

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
It's on their website that it will be done by no later then summer this year, caps that is.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Thanks for the reply Bob... I just looked at their little FAQ section...

Will Rogers implement a usage-tracking program for Internet usage ?

Description
Usage-tracking program.

Answer
Our plans are to launch a bandwidth usage-tracking program for mid-2003. The program would set a monthly usage allowance and you would be charged for additional usage. Industry trends indicate that the uses for the Internet are evolving and we are continually looking at ways to provide products that meet your unique needs.

Hmmmm.. That really bites.But havnt they been giving different dates all the time? They've been saying "This summer" "By the end of this summer" "In the mid-winter" "By early spring"... etc.