Australia to Canada

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
I am shifting over to Canada in a couple of weeks and would like to know if it is possible for me to bring my harddrive withn me and install it in a computor over there, will it work?
Any info re this will be greatly appreciated. :D

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
Oops, double post. Oh well :)

Hey stretch, welcome. Your hard drive definately should work on a computer in Canada. Its just the power supply you should be worried about on your box. Most of the stuff from your computer should be fine in Canada and around the world! :)

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
G'day guys, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated...I'm here now, however, I am getting a "non system disk" error message when I boot up the pc. :cry:
Any ideas?

Thanks again Stretch :wink:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Firstly, Welcome to Canada Stretch!!

There's probably a couple of reasons why you're getting this message.

Firstly, make sure there isnt a floppy disk in the drive!

If there isnt one, check inside your computer to make sure the ribbons to the hard drive are secure and connected property.

Check your CMOS to see if the hard drive is configured properly.. Most modern systems have an auto-setup option inside the CMOS to auto detect it.

If this is all done, then whatever was on your hard drive might be corrupted... Especially if its a windows version you're trying to boot into, you're gonna need to reinstall windows ontop of your old version already on the hard drive.

Let me know if you have success.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Thanks Andem, I believe it was/is because the pc i was trying was too small/old to accept my HD (486)
I am currently looking for something in the P3 500 range

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
If you're looking for a new computer, you should definately look at getting a Dell! they really rock!