Interesting Shaw Stuff

Twister

Oct 29, 2002
My account was recently (this weekend) suspended because they said I was going over their AUP. The number they suggested I'd downloaded (30 GB, TOTAL BULL) is ludricrous in it's own right since I use the internet for nothing more than surfing and maybe 50 meg downloads here and there. The fact that shaw didn't give any warning to shutting the connection off, nor did they call me and complain. They said they did, but my answering machine says differently.

Shaw is so full of crap it makes me want to vomit in utter rage.

Hows Telus?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Boy. I didn't know Shaw harassed their customers because of bandwidth use. Sounds like something Rogers would do, yet Rogers has never shut down my connection. As Bob said, you really should try DUMeter or something like that, just to make sure you arent using as much bandwidth as Shaw has accused you of.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Shae phoned me and said my 102GB last month was too much, and said the limit they aim for is 25GB/month, but they won't go nuts if you're a little over.

Damn.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
no1important said:
Telus has 5 gig caps but I don't know if it is enforced or not. I am switching Monday from shaw to them.

Telus will only call you if you commit real abuse, such as have a virus on your computer or something. But(in BC) they will never call you for downloading too much.

bla bla bla

Jun 12, 2005
I have never been called or notified for downloading too much from shaw. I have downloaded well over 300 gb in one month and not a peep from shaw, not even an extra charge for overage.

rolisme

Jun 11, 2005
Winnipeg
Shaw cares about uploads and not so much about downloads. I been cut off 2 times from them for what they considered excessive usage of uploads. Once was about 80 gigs upload and once I believe was around 65 gigs. Shaw basically at the end of the month checks to see the top 1-2% of uploaders and harrass them. So sometimes you can upload 60 gigs and not hear a peep and sometimes you can upload 40 gigs and get cut off. *shrugs* Still the fastest residential internet in Winnipeg, what can you do?