Proposal on "Lawful Access", turning your ISP in t

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
I’ve been asked over the last day or so by a few people / organizations to put together my thoughts on the Government’s proposal on “Lawful Access” and have been asked to maybe take those thoughts to the Government. So I’m starting with my thoughts, a poll and a forum for your thoughts. Here goes:

Department of Justice Canada has just issued a call for comments on various “Lawful Access” proposals which would, amongst other things, require ISPs and Telcos to put in place systems to track, store and monitor all internet access by Canadians, so that they would then have the technical capability to provide the police with access to all the data transmitted over their networks (with a warrant) for a specific customer or customers.

For the rest of the breakdown on the proposal, the Poll, and a place to put your thoughts for the possibility of being presented to the Government go here: http://makeashorterlink.com/?L58C242A1

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The internet is not owned by the government of Canada, therefore, they have no right tracking any user of it. This just shows how we are coming closer to how the marxist communist government was in Russia. "The convergence theory"

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Did someone just ask a mod to not cross post? I didn't cross post, I posted seperatly in two different forums as this post belongs in both, as one who frequents one forum may not frequent the other. Such as myself.

frubsen

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2002
Andem said:
The internet is not owned by the government of Canada, therefore, they have no right tracking any user of it. This just shows how we are coming closer to how the marxist communist government was in Russia. "The convergence theory"

exactly