SOFII: Disappointment

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
So far, single player has only been mediocre (I am on the level right after rescuing Sam). The enemies move unproportionally fast like the budget shooter Shadow Force Razor Unit, (come on, these guys are not like Michael Johnson). Also, they throw too many grenades, (like on the Hong Kong level on the ship), they throw grenades indoors in enclosed areas, which is a bit unrealistic. There are also minor clipping problems, (enemies sticking out through doors) and the hit detection is a bit off, (sniper rifle aimed right at guy's head on the mansion level, invisible barrier on balcony prevents shot from hitting enemy). Another example of this is the Hong Kong mission when there are snipers on the balconies. The graphics are alright, but nothing like RTCW (good graphics, ok game), my nitpick is that that you have a silver Colt Commando? Max Payne had an awesome colt or even Counter-Strike's m4a1 is modeled well. I guess I had greater expectations for such a hyped game. Too bad reviews didn't point out some of these minor nitpicks.