Shaw, Cogeco or Videotron

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Are any of these companies to implement bitcaps on their service? I suppose it is much like how Bell and Rogers follow each other's every step. Shaw is a bit more independent that way, but the cable companies still tend to follow each other..

If anyone finds a press release from Shaw Cablesystems G.P., Cogeco or Videotron, please let me know and post it here! I'd be very interested to find out whats going on in other parts of Ontario, in Québec and out west/ Or even on the Atlantic.

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Videotron already has caps I beleive, and lower then Sympatico's new caps. As for Shaw And Cogeco I can't remember off the top of my head, but yes they will if they don't now.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Shaw does have caps already, however they are very lax in their inforcement of them. This will probably change in the future, but their caps (last time I checked) were a HELL of a lot better than Bells :)

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cogeco Cable DOES have caps, but they don't always enforce them. I recently used 36 GB download in 27 days and my account was disabled WITHOUT even a letter of warning or notification sent to my email. I might also add that when I phoned their tech support to complain it was the FIRST I had ever heard about bandwidth limits on COGECO. When I phoned them to book installation I was told by the sales representative that there were NO LIMITS. When the service guy came to install my modem he also told me the same thing. Then all of a sudden they just shut down my connection for 48 hours and told me there WERE limits and my usage was "excessive". Here is the link:

http://www.cgocable.net/aup/limits.html

At least Sympatico was up front about implementing limits and gave me plenty of notice. Cogeco simply lied to me about it. By the way, my upload in that 27 days was under 3 GB - so obviously I'm not running a server or using ridiculous amounts of bandwidth. They just don't like you making too much use of your connection.

T.