Problem with html includes

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Can someone help me out i have a website and my html pages use virtual includes for my download counters but they wont display, i dont know whats up someone told me to add something to my "htaccess" file but I dont know what that is. i will be out of town for a few days so please reply and i will get it

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
This is also a simple fix (sorry it took awhile to reply) was having problems with my computer. :)

Lets say for example your Web Root (where your main html files are) is /home/yourlogin/htdocs.

Go into that directory and create a new file called .htaccess <- Note the period infront of the name (all one word -- no spaces).

Open the file and add this:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .htm
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html

Save and exit. Your scripts should now work from your HTML pages. :)

As well if someone tries to load a page that is NOT on your server you can create customized Error Pages by including the following in your .htaccess file:

ErrorDocument 404.html

If you do elect to use the 404 (File not found) customized page, remember to make a 404.html file and upload it to your Web Root directory as well. :)

If you have any other questions let us know. As well I would like to hear back and see if this worked for you! :)