Alternatives for DSL

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
If anybody knows of ANY alternatives to Rogers & Sympatico in the North of Toronto area, please please please, let me know!

SumOfAllFears

Jun 9, 2002
There is one I know of in the Toronto area.
Information Gateway Services: 1-800-268-3715
www.igs.net

There are a few more. I think they service most of Ontario and Quebec. Enjoy.

SumOfAllFears

Jun 9, 2002
oh, yeah... thats DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) as opposed to Sympatico.

(dont forget dialup is an option, lol!)

Cyberm4n

Electoral Member
Jun 6, 2002
Toronto
Thanks a lot for that Mr. Carrick. I've been on your site before, but couldnt quite remember the URL. I'd also like you personally for the initiative you have taken in the dsl/cable community it's self.

Well done, and thanks :)

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Thanks for the kind words. I just did that interview with the Globe and Mail Business Report, but they can't tell me when it will be published, about the caps and our fight against them. As well as On June 20th Ottawa Citizen Tech Weekly section (cover) there is a large article on the caps.

JSz

Nominee Member
Jun 10, 2002
Richmond Hill
it seems Sympatico is not the only one with bitcaps. Tytel has a 20gb p/month cap (not so bad). FOr $44.95 per month, including modem rental, you get a 1.5mb connection, I believe you can run servers of any kind.

www.trytel.com

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
Most providers actually have caps now, but more respectable caps. See www.canadianisp.com to search for a provider anywhere in Canada.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
yah here's a alternative...

these guys offer wireless line of site connections at grreat speeds... try them we have them at work...ww :D w.look.ca

Bob Carrick

Electoral Member
Jun 13, 2002
K, you've posted about look three times as a Guest... SPAM? Either way they are owned by TeleGlobe, who is ready for bankruptcy, but which is also 90% owned by Bell. So Caps are coming, if they don't go bankrupt, which they've been pulled form twice before.