Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Keep finding problems with Java - Lights up my Virus ware Kaspersky Pure 3.0
I use win 7 and 8

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Why do we need that damn thing. It annoys me. It pops up all the time. It never used to on my other computer.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It is used on a lot of the sites you visit.
Be brave.
You can always get it back at java.com
:-( but if it is used won't that mean I don't have access to things although frequently when it asks for internet access I tell it no

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
If you use firefox browser it will disable java for you. If you use noscript with firefox you can use java only when necessary, one click.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
I have been a member of pogo.com for years, this year I will not be paying for another year and part of the reason is Java. They have been screwing up right and left now for at least a year.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I have been a member of pogo.com for years, this year I will not be paying for another year and part of the reason is Java. They have been screwing up right and left now for at least a year.

My wife has been on POGO for many years also. She uses FireFox and noscript, just allows POGO. She also uses Chrome which is no problem.
There are still a few that need java but most do not, so if one has the chance to allow it, that works better than not having it.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
My wife has been on POGO for many years also. She uses FireFox and noscript, just allows POGO. She also uses Chrome which is no problem.
There are still a few that need java but most do not, so if one has the chance to allow it, that works better than not having it.
I use Chrome, and in a pinch Firefox, Java continually wants us to update, then screws the update. Lately in the Pogo Forum they are complaining about the newest problem, of having to hit the do not block Java warning. One can't do anything when it pops up. There are 469 pages of complaints, and it only gets worse not better.
http://games-forum.pogo.com/search....6803cab47&keywords=Java&fid[]=110&start=7020

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I use Chrome, and in a pinch Firefox, Java continually wants us to update, then screws the update. Lately in the Pogo Forum they are complaining about the newest problem, of having to hit the do not block Java warning. One can't do anything when it pops up. There are 469 pages of complaints, and it only gets worse not better.
http://games-forum.pogo.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&sid=887f9c38a282dd2ac29b2cb6803cab47&keywords=Java&fid%5B%5D=110&start=7020

A bunch of people obviously not knowing what they are doing. They have many millions of players who do not have a problem. My wife is one of them, but then she knows how to use a computer. BTW that link is useless to anyone without a membership.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
A bunch of people obviously not knowing what they are doing. They have many millions of players who do not have a problem. My wife is one of them, but then she knows how to use a computer. BTW that link is useless to anyone without a membership.
So sorry the link doesn't work, then again I'm not very when you start with an insult assuming that that many people (myself included as well as Pogo letting people know about the problem) are too stupid to use their computers.

the games aren't loading. :( are the pogo games any good?
It takes a few moments when you are playing a game for the first time. After that they should load faster, and yes they have a lot of good games.