Father Hires In-Game “Hitmen” To Deter Son From Playing

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
What do you do when your grown son is playing video games instead of looking for a job? Evidently, the answer is virtual assassination.

According to a recent report, 23-year old Xiao Feng’s life came crashing around him when his father hired in-game assassins, or just terribly powerful players, to repeatedly hunt and kill his son’s characters across various Chinese role-playing games. Mr. Feng, who revealed that his son had also previously struggled in school due to his excessive gaming, was worried that his son was not looking for work because of his addiction and felt that getting him repeatedly killed in video games was the only solution.

The son, for his part, put up with the frustration and told his dad, “I can play or I can not play, it doesn't bother me. I'm not looking for any job — I want to take some time to find one that suits me." Hearing this, Mr. Feng was reportedly “relieved,” although it’s not quite clear if the son stopped playing and actually found work.

Dad Hires In-Game Killers to Stop Jobless Son From Online Gaming

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The son, for his part, put up with the frustration and told his dad, “I can play or I can not play, it doesn't bother me. I'm not looking for any job — I want to take some time to find one that suits me." Hearing this, Mr. Feng was reportedly “relieved,” although it’s not quite clear if the son stopped playing and actually found work.

It's really quite simple; no job search equals: no internet access, no food, no clothing, you have one month to contribute to the household or life is really going to suck for you. Let's see how fast something will "suit you" then.