Facebook to cornhole users with new app store

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The farking headline beat anything I could come up with.

MENLO PARK, Calif. – Facebook is clear about the future of its platform: Third-party apps are the key to attracting and keeping users inside of its ecosystem.

In yet another huge stride toward bolstering its app platform, the company Wednesday announced plans for its own central app hub inside Facebook itself, making it easier for users to discover Facebook-integrated apps, as well as easier for developers to submit and feature their apps on Facebook itself.

Until now, users had a handful of ways of discovering apps through Facebook -- the company touted "social discovery" as its strong suit, as users were encouraged to find apps through their news feed. The idea is, you will find the apps that are most relevant because they are the ones your friends use. They will surface in your newsfeed, and you will pick the ones you like while ignoring the ones you do not care about.

ericlewis107

Time Out
Aug 20, 2012
Facebook has drifted soooo far from it's roots that someone could start a new social networking site that promises never to stray from social networking and kill Facebook.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
As soon as someone comes up with a better social media page, I will leave it. At present I am
on it for communicating with family but its becoming a test of patients really