iphoto

mantlet

Sep 3, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Can anyone explain in simple terms how to get pics from iphoto and post them in a thread or PM?
Pics or image are created from image files. Images in posts in a thread or a PM are stored on a web server. They may be viewed by a reader because the code in the post or PM specifies where the picture is stored and when the post in loaded in the viewer's browser, the browser gets the image file from the server and loads it into the web page displayed by the browser.

There are several options as to how you may gain access to a web server which is used to store your image files and serve them on demand to any web document that calls for them. These include web hosts like PhotoBucket that provide web image storage service, contracting your own web site from a web host, and a new possibility is on the horizon. Apple is introducing a no charge web storage capability called iCloud this for it's customers. At this time I know very little about it and comment no further.

To provide you an example I have inserted a photo from my iPhoto app into the end of this post by doing the following:

Step One.. Move a copy of the photo from iPhoto to my computer desktop. IPhoto is a photo gallery and if you want to move a copy of a photo, you have to remove a copy from the gallery. This is easily done by dragging the photo thumbnail from iPhoto to the desktop.

Step Two. Move the image file from your desktop to your Internet storage site (ISS). I use an app called FileZilla which does this. My ISS is web space I lease from an Internet Host Provider. For the purposes of this demonstration, the address of the image is http://ISS.com/demophoto.png.

Step Three. Enter the image address at the bottom of my post. The full reply post editor on this site has a very handy way to do this. Clicking on the fifth icon from the right on the bottom role will produce a box in which you can enter the address of your image. If you do this correctly you will see a copy of the image after you submit your post and read it.

Pics or image are created from image files. Images in posts in a thread or a PM are stored on a web server. They may be viewed by a reader because the code in the post or PM specifies where the picture is stored and when the post in loaded in the viewer's browser, the browser gets the image file from the server and loads it into the web page displayed by the browser.

There are several options as to how you may gain access to a web server which is used to store your image files and serve them on demand to any web document that calls for them. These include web hosts like PhotoBucket that provide web image storage service, contracting your own web site from a web host, and a new possibility is on the horizon. Apple is introducing a no charge web storage capability called iCloud this for it's customers. At this time I know very little about it and comment no further.

To provide you an example I have inserted a photo from my iPhoto app into the end of this post by doing the following:

Step One.. Move a copy of the photo from iPhoto to my computer desktop. IPhoto is a photo gallery and if you want to move a copy of a photo, you have to remove a copy from the gallery. This is easily done by dragging the photo thumbnail from iPhoto to the desktop.

Step Two. Move the image file from your desktop to your Internet storage site (ISS). I use an app called FileZilla which does this. My ISS is web space I lease from an Internet Host Provider. For the purposes of this demonstration, the address of the image is http://ISS.com/demophoto.png.

Step Three. Enter the image address at the bottom of my post. The full reply post editor on this site has a very handy way to do this. Clicking on the fifth icon from the right on the bottom role will produce a box in which you can enter the address of your image. If you do this correctly you will see a copy of the image after you submit your post and read it.

It seems I cannot edit a post after I post it so I have used the quick reply to tell readers of my post that in the third line from the bottom of my post "bottom role" should read "bottom row".

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Thanks. Part of the problem is that the photo I wanted was one my wife Emailed to me. Apparently even though it is in my album I cannot forward it. I have to look through her camera and download it first.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Thanks. Part of the problem is that the photo I wanted was one my wife Emailed to me. Apparently even though it is in my album I cannot forward it. I have to look through her camera and download it first.

A photo from an email you can save anywhere on your PC.
Then you upload it to a web site such as http://tinypic.com/ Then once uploaded you will find an code for you to copy and paste to a forum or PM that will show up as a picture

mantlet

Sep 3, 2011
Eastern Ontario
A photo from an email you can save anywhere on your PC.
Then you upload it to a web site such as http://tinypic.com/ Then once uploaded you will find an code for you to copy and paste to a forum or PM that will show up as a picture[/QUOTE]
If you can see the photo in your open iPhoto application you can create a copy of it and place it on your desktop or in any other place you like. The easiest way is to drag the thumbnail (the small reproduction) you see in iPhoto to your desktop. You can also select it, then use file/export

mantlet

Sep 3, 2011
Eastern Ontario
Name removed from Photo
It looks like you attempted to insert a copy of your photo in a post. It did not work because the photo has to be located on a web server and not your computer. Also the information you posted reveals a person's name. For privacy reasons this is not a good thing. If you can edit your post, suggest you remove it or ask the site administrator to remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ericlewis107

Time Out
Aug 20, 2012
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Anyone know how to transfer .jpg photos from the iPhoto libraries to a CD for having prints or poster made at the drug store?[/FONT]

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Anyone know how to transfer .jpg photos from the iPhoto libraries to a CD for having prints or poster made at the drug store?

Click on your hard drive icon. Open the User folder, then the Pictures folder and then the iPhoto folder. Choose the pictures you want to print and drag them into a new folder on the desktop. If you are putting in a lot of pictures in the folder, make sure you done exceed the capacity of your CD (usually about 750 Megs.) Open Burn or Toast or other burn App and drag you new folder into the window to burn.