Music Downloading

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Over the years I have gotten away from downloading music with those Peer to peer sites such as Napster etc.. and I've been downloading most of my Music from Itunes. At 99cents a song...it's not worth the trouble.
But you get some of those songs that you like and are not listed on Itunes..
Last night I found a song from a band on youtube that wasn't listed on itunes... the sound wasn't all that good since it was a filmed in an open air concert...then I found a TV show they had made with direct sound from the mixer, six songs with excellent quality sound so the only thing I had to do would be to rip the sound track.
Well Youtube is equipped to do that for you........ YouTube to mp3 Converter
The only thing left to do was to take that large MP3 file and cut it into separate songs. Well there is this nice little program called MP3Direct cut that I have been using for years. You can find it at........ mp3DirectCut - editor to cut, fade, split and record compressed mpeg audio
You can cut the songs you want, add ID3 tags so the song name will show up on your player and it will also normalise the volume.
I have a couple of thousand songs in my collection that I normalised that way way back when..

Warning.....this is not for the lazy...:lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Great post.

There are some live bootlegs I wouldn't mind ripping.

For bootleg videos...If not on my PC...I put them on and use a free program called (Super C) from Eightsoft.
SUPER &copy
It gets tricky to get to the SetUp file....you seem to go through three pages of a lot of instructions and advertizing to finaly get that setup file.
But I find it a very good program for converting just about everything to anything. And it will rip the sound track from a movie, by using the convert audio only.