Lord Monckton...hero of Denialism

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
YouTube - Monckton Bunkum #1 - Global cooling and melting ice

Pssst.

I’m going to give away a strategic secret.

Climate activists cheer whenever Christopher Monckton elbows his way onto the stage with climate denying scientists like Roy Spcncer, or whenever pathetic misguided politicians or tea party buffoons hold him up as their resident expert.
His pattern of dishonesty, bizarre claims, and overall lunacy have make him the perfect face of the climate denial movement – one that perpetually reminds the viewer of the anti science crowds deeply crazy roots.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Until China and India agree to reduce the pace of economic development there is nothing that can be done about global warming. Look at what happened at the Copenhagen Conference in December 2009. That's just the truth of the matter.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Why should China and India not be allowed to develope and compete globally industrially?

China and India are sovereign nations entitled to determine their own policies. I was making an observation of fact.

Let me ask you a question s'il vous plait. How can global warming be addressed without the complete cooperation of China and India?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Until China and India agree to reduce the pace of economic development there is nothing that can be done about global warming. Look at what happened at the Copenhagen Conference in December 2009. That's just the truth of the matter.

Sorry to be the bearer if bad news but China is rapidly become a leader in green energy.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Sorry to be the bearer if bad news but China is rapidly become a leader in green energy.

That's not bad news to me. My family is Chinese/Eurasian. We cheer Chinese progress. Gung Hay Fat Choy Gweilo.:)

But the Chinese also open at least one coal fired plant each week.

So I return to my question because I'm the kind of guy who likes to stay with the question posed.

How can global warming be stopped unless the Chinese and Indians cooperate fully?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
That's not bad news to me. My family is Chinese/Eurasian. We cheer Chinese progress. Gung Hay Fat Choy Gweilo.:)

But the Chinese also open at least one coal fired plant each week.

So I return to my question because I'm the kind of guy who likes to stay with the question posed.

How can global warming be stopped unless the Chinese and Indians cooperate fully?

It can't, but we aren't doing anything to help it either.

The way things are going they will corner the market before we do.

In North America we are more concerned with the status quo.....except for a small few who have taken action on their own.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
It can't, but we aren't doing anything to help it either.

The way things are going they will corner the market before we do.

In North America we are more concerned with the status quo.....except for a small few who have taken action on their own.

By and large I agree with that. The problem in America is that it is so completely polarized now that very little is likely to get done on any front. California has green legislation, but the state is so completely broke and dysfunctional that it really doesn't matter. Don't let my pessimism rub off on you. Hang in there.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
One person alone can't change the obesity epidemic either, but there are undoubtedly advantages to addressing individual obesity.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
YouTube - Monckton Bunkum #1 - Global cooling and melting ice

Pssst.

I’m going to give away a strategic secret.

Climate activists cheer whenever Christopher Monckton elbows his way onto the stage with climate denying scientists like Roy Spcncer, or whenever pathetic misguided politicians or tea party buffoons hold him up as their resident expert.
His pattern of dishonesty, bizarre claims, and overall lunacy have make him the perfect face of the climate denial movement – one that perpetually reminds the viewer of the anti science crowds deeply crazy roots.

I generally have (more or less) have avoided the AGW threads as of late.

It always makes me question an argument though when the need is there to
attack the Messenger and not the Message. I don't think this helps sell an idea
or position in an argument or debate though.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I generally have (more or less) have avoided the AGW threads as of late.

If I was attacking the messenger I'd post something personal like this......

I didn't...I posted something about the science Lord (not really) Monckton peddles.

Here's more of the crap he spews.

YouTube - Monckton Bunkum Part 2 - Sensitivity

I almost feel sorry for Monckton, he is taking such a beating these days, that very soon no one will want to be seen on the same platform.
Given his consistent ability to bring the crazy, I hope we can hold that day off as long as possible.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

I wish more people were like you. The majority of the denial of climate science comes in the form of personal attacks. Climategate was personal attacks in the extreme, and many people bought that bunk uncritically.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I wish more people were like you. The majority of the denial of climate science comes in the form of personal attacks. Climategate was personal attacks in the extreme, and many people bought that bunk uncritically.

Climategate is very specific in its criticisms Tonington. In fact it follows very good scientific methodology. All the disputed material exists and all that material is examined. You will no doubt have noted the very much muted speel from the CO2 and global warming proponents lately. That is because their funding is disappearing. You may be guilty of exactly the same uncritical review of what you believe to be true when it is quite plainly unsupportable cooked rubbish. I bought nothing without proper critical review. Yes I am once again pointing out to you that you may have bought an uncriticized rubber chicken. Such is the swift retreat from greenhouse gas theory I hardly think it necessary to post links to science that refutes the entire fraud of the CO2 climate lever. In the coming years the law suits should register with you as significant reasons to doubt what you uncritically believe now.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Such is the swift retreat from greenhouse gas theory I hardly think it necessary to post links to science that refutes the entire fraud of the CO2 climate lever. In the coming years the law suits should register with you as significant reasons to doubt what you uncritically believe now.

It's telling that you believe a court of law is a place to settle scientific matters.

You're off your rocker, put the crack pipe down.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Individuals, corporations and society as a whole are subject to answer to the courts for fraudulent or misleading deeds, what makes science exempt from this especially if it is intended to impact national policy

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
It's telling that you believe a court of law is a place to settle scientific matters.

You're off your rocker, put the crack pipe down.

I wish it wasn't that way but when the public is confronted with the seamless monolithic wall of scientific consensus (oxymoron) fueled entirely by money and interest in opposition to the public right to know then the fullest extent of the law should be brought to bear on the apparent mechanisms of organized crime, and make no mistake that is precisely what the evidence points to, fraud and manipulation of the public for undisclosed purposes. Only some science at the highest levels of the scientific establishment have given their approval for the farce of the global CO2 initiated climate change model. The money and power machines gears are plainly and damningly visible.
In my opinion it is long past the time when the scientific establishment should rightfully answer for their multitutinous crimes against humanity. You may scoff as you like but the evidence points in the direction of those scientific institutions as the handmaids of criminal enterprise. Scientists are human and despite protestations to the contrary are subject to the very same lapses of good judgment even in the face of the much vaunted but ignored scientific method. The scientific establishment has begun to assume the same reputations as the used car sales business.

PS: not more than four frames previous to this one you lament the inclusion of personal attacks but forget that in an instant to engage in personal attack via the ancient crack pipe slur. As I was saying the individual scientist can hardly be trusted at his word.

Individuals, corporations and society as a whole are subject to answer to the courts for fraudulent or misleading deeds, what makes science exempt from this especially if it is intended to impact national policy

A very dangerous question Captn. The substitution of the scientist for the saint and their transmutation into minor gods was completed by the monnied class via the elevation of charlitans like Carl Sagan who were employed to hawk Disneyesque psudo science in the mundane effort to sell toilet paper and vehicles.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
A very dangerous question Captn. The substitution of the scientist for the saint and their transmutation into minor gods was completed by the monnied class via the elevation of charlitans like Carl Sagan who were employed to hawk Disneyesque psudo science in the mundane effort to sell toilet paper and vehicles.

"Science" has morphed itself into the predominate religion of the 21st century. Anyone group/individual that does not march lockstep and maintain an unquestioning and unwavering position is grilled at the behest of today's contemporary Inquisition... The most recent rash of doomsayers is proof-positive of this unfortunate trend.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
"Science" has morphed itself into the predominate religion of the 21st century. Anyone group/individual that does not march lockstep and maintain an unquestioning and unwavering position is grilled at the behest of today's contemporary Inquisition... The most recent rash of doomsayers is proof-positive of this unfortunate trend.

Exactly,the main task of academia these days, the maintenance of monotheism through the back doors of science. The great and mighty all knowing BB singularity at the beginning of time and space. Is it even remotely possible to mistake that for anything other than God? Beware the finger pointing to dooms unseen while your grain rots in the fields and your flocks swell and die. Ivan The Stinky; chpt 9 verse 11