The birth of a crock- climate denial seeds

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Oh, how very dramatic, Ton. I think Sinclair should have ditched the movie clips.

But the point is pretty clear, I think; one can use propaganda to insidiously control what people think.

It's best to just plug ears and look at the data, IMO. It seems clear to me when I see points plotted on graphs that may bob up and down or stay level for a distance, but the general trend is upwards, there's an indication of an increase in whatever the graph is representing.

In this specific case I see dips and leaps and level spots in every graph about ocean and surface temperature anomalies but the general trend over not years or decades, but in tens of decades is upwards, it tells me that the little changes in temperatures that occur add to the temperature as increases. That means warming over a long period with temporary periods of cooling. Global warming deniers just focus on the odd period that cools and can't see the long term indications. They'd rather doggedly stick to ANY hypothesis that supports their inability to see the long term picture.

People used to think that water carried diseases and it was bad to wash. Everyone "knew" this to be the truth. Well, it did, but the disease elements were introduced to the water to begin with and if you used clean water to clean with, you were fine. Eventually, word got around and we use clean water to wash with.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Walnut, are you expecting a reply to those posters or did you just get to the post from your list of 'things to do'?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You might want to ask yourself how safe it is for you with just you and me in the same place at the same time. You would be easier to crack than a mod on night-shift. Are you the reason I seem to be washing my hands more often than required?