Green Energy Scams Costing Taxpayers Billions

Curious Cdn
You too, 88!

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I'll take that over oil company subsidies any day.

at least you might get the oil

taxslave
+1
[QUOTE=Wake;2432489]
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Believe it or not oil companies ARE subsidized. Trump intends to but those subsidies out. And the reason that they are subsidized is because the taxes on the gasoline and other by-products make the government 10 times as much in taxes as the stockholders make in profits. If they didn't offer SOME tax advantages American oil companies would have been out of business long ago.

We were talking about Canada. SOme of the fiscally ignorant lefty's think that tax credits are somehow a subsidy. Except of course when it is for their personal income tax which most of them pay zero.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Well, if you're going to use your own definition of a subsidy, that's fine.

Funny that the oil producers say they get subsidies, it's only the internet experts on here who claim they don't.

Please link to the program that subsidizes oil.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

You quote a wikipedia posting from 10 years ago and THAT is proof that these companies are in business?

The recent enough for you? 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors (external - login to view)

Wake
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

The recent enough for you? 2015 Top 500 North American Solar Contractors (external - login to view)

I hope you know the difference between a contractor and a solar manufacturer. I look at their stocks and see that they have fallen from $73 a share under Obama to $28 now and still falling. If they were really making money this would not be happening. And since there are no American solar manufacturers left they have to be using Chinese panels. This will hurt them a great deal as more of the TransPacific free trade rules are removed.

I wish you would think about what your trying to convey - it appears to be nothing more than crude arguments designed to promote your own political position instead of what is happening in the real world.

Isn't Canada being swamped by immigrants who have no skills and who the Canadians will have to support for their entire lives? Why are you trying to make everything more expensive forcing your own taxes even higher than they are?

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

I wish you would think about what your trying to convey - it appears to be nothing more than crude arguments designed to promote your own political position instead of what is happening in the real world.

Didn't see my thread on george soros paying $15000 USD a month to lefty a-teams?
forums.canadiancontent.net/in...-far-left.html (external - login to view)

Wake
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Please link to the program that subsidizes oil.

Please do NOT imply that the oil companies do not have tax subsidies. Let's remember that the government has a LARGE stake in maintaining a large and profitable fossil fuel business. They make 10 times more off of oil profits than the oil companies themselves make.

Section 199 of the US Tax Code gives a 6% tax subsidy to “qualified production activities”. This includes fossil fuel companies and excludes renewable energy companies.

The foreign tax credit allowances appear to be designed specifically for oil companies. While some people claim that they are being abused by the oil companies as I pointed out, the government makes more off of oil company profits than the oil companies themselves so so they are unlikely to change it.

There is also the oil depletion allowance which allows oil companies to depreciate the oil reserves. This isn't to pretend that oil itself depreciates but that each year this oil isn't pumped out the more expensive it is to pump it out and process it into fuel.

So the oil companies DO have loopholes and subsidies but it ALL promotes more income to the US government as well as their own stockholders.