Trumpís Climate Plans Just Made the Mediaís Heads Explode


Locutus
#1
"Welcome to the suck, guys. It's only just beginning..."

It was great Ė a bit like that No Pressure video that the enviro-loons made a few years ago, only better because this time the victims werenít blameless schoolchildren but grisly, puffed-up, righteously eco, Trump-and-Brexit-hating TV and newspaper Environment Correspondents, all of whom hate my guts. (They hate yours too, so donít get smug.)

The occasion was a press conference hosted by the Global Warming Policy Foundation for Myron Ebell, head of the Trump administrationís Environmental Protection Agency transition team. Satanís Emissary, as liberals prefer to think of him.

Ebell had come to tell them about Trumpís plans for the environment and energy, which I wonít repeat here because you know them already. (Itís going to be beautiful, thatís all you need to remember.)

No, the reason I went wasnít to hear what Ebell had to say but to watch how his audience reacted.

You know that scene in The Omenwhen Damienís parents try to take him into a church? It was a bit like that. Or maybe the one in The Exorcist, where Reganís head does a 360 degree spin.

They hated it. (Especially the bit where Ebell told them that Trump would definitely be pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate treaty (external - login to view)) They couldnít believe what they were hearing. They curled their lips. They laced their questions with the bitterest scorn. But they didnít really tune into Ebellís measured, silken, soft-spoken answers because, hell, they knew what he was saying just had to be wrong and they didnít really understand what he meant anyway.

The reporter who set the tone Ė and if nothing else, youíve got to admire his honesty Ė was the one from Channel 4 News who told Ebell: ďIt will occur to you that this room is full of people like myself who consider that nothing you say has any basis in fact. So what youíve been telling us is essentially meaningless.Ē

Ebell replied with some painful home truths. ďElections are surprising thingsÖĒ he began and went on to explain to the mystified audience why and how it was that Brexit happened and Trump happened.

Basically, he argued Ė perhaps channelling Michael Gove Ė people have had enough of the ďExpertariatĒ. And with good reason: ďThe expert class is full of arrogance and hubris.Ē


more


DELINGPOLE: Trump's Climate Plans Just Made the Media's Heads Explode (external - login to view)


video of the event


httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvJvWMfAk47Q

 
bobnoorduyn
+2
#2
A breath of fresh air, so to speak.
 
Locutus
+1
#3
it's only gonna get better from here friend.
 
Murphy
+2
#4
 
lone wolf
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
So we have a Delingpole link dated January 31 (and seems to have very little to do with the subject) and an hour of linked yammer. Is there anything a person can read without viruses and phishing sites attached? I certainly won't take your word or Trump's that this is gonna be great
 
Locutus
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Is there anything a person can read without viruses and phishing sites attached?

are you new to the internet mate? do you even browser?

but seriously (maybe), list your detected virus list and phishing warnings from the OP links, if you even know what those are.

I'll wait.
 
mentalfloss
#7
Locutus finally accepts AGW.

Welcome to reality.
 
Locutus
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Locutus finally accepts AGW.

Welcome to reality.


weakest


oh, and there are four lights.
 
lone wolf
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

are you new to the internet mate? do you even browser?

but seriously (maybe), list your detected virus list and phishing warnings from the OP links, if you even know what those are.

I'll wait.

Don't need to. You're just another troll with better con than some ... and, I suspect, some major insecurity issues
 
mentalfloss
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

weakest


oh, and there are four lights.

You only think that because you love big brother.

In the real world, Trump is already making concessions you don't like.
 
darkbeaver
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So we have a Delingpole link dated January 31 (and seems to have very little to do with the subject) and an hour of linked yammer. Is there anything a person can read without viruses and phishing sites attached? I certainly won't take your word or Trump's that this is gonna be great

It will be great. There's no way out of great.
 
Locutus
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Don't need to. You're just another troll with better con than some ... and, I suspect, some major insecurity issues

It was obvious you had nothing.

Now leave the internet and your opinions of it to those of us that are familiar with it m'kay.
 
lone wolf
+2
#13
Owns the Internet too.... You've made my case.
 
Cliffy
+2
#14


We are an inseparable part of the world's ecosystem, and we can't survive if we keep on destroying it.
 
Murphy
#15
A few times, I've given polar bears crew cuts and then went into an Inuit village and dragged some unsuspecting person away. I fed them to the bear. But that's not the strange part of the story. I was so overcome with remorse, I made the other members of that Inuit family come out and apologize to the bear. Of course, the bear ate them too, because animals have no feelings.

The remorse went away as I sat there and watched.

The moral of the story is, the Japanese make lousy swimwear.

wwwyoutubecomwatchvEtx-nDCZzLo

 
Cannuck
#16
Good Gawd Trumpites are drama queens
 
Murphy
#17
With crew cuts.
 
darkbeaver
#18
I twitch toward Trump cuz he's gfot a sence of humour. His smile is genuine.,

He has lots of hair.

Hair dosn't grow on concrete.

It does grow on ripe fruit.

And dead bunniesw and bambis.

The whole country belongs to Nova Scotia and Quebec the rest of you are squaters. Easily suppressed frointer types
 
Wake
+1
#19
What the problem is with the USA is that the media consider themselves part of the intellectual class. And the intellectual class beleive that they have the right to tell you how to live your life because they are so much brighter than you are. They know what's best for you even when it isn't. But since they aren't being forced to live ways they do not want why should they care what happens to you?

Because they really can't force you without getting beaten senseless, they resort to trying to generate fear in you for things around you that they can blame on you. The lies continue to get more and more obvious because at first hand they appear to succeed.

Then suddenly it blows up in their faces and it is YOUR fault and not theirs. Then can then only double down on every lie. To raise the ante and find more and more reasons why you should FEAR and do their bidding.

We have had the Democrats twisting the American black around their fingers with 200 years out of date idea that whites owed them for slavery. When they show pictures of the Civil War do you see pictures of the actual units now? No you see individual pictures of black Union soldiers. In no way to belittle their contributions but 660,000 mostly WHITE soldiers gave their lives willingly in support of the idea of an end to slavery. Wasn't the destruction of entire families enough for a 2017 black who thinks that the American taxpayer should give him a free college education while others have to pay their own way?

The Democrats are now crying about illegal alien's rights. And the "racism" of delaying entry of immigrants and visitors from only 7 countries that they themselves had labeled "countries of grave concern" only months before. We have a Federal Judge in Seattle deciding WHAT is legal without quoting the specific law he was ruling on. Then we have an appellate court backing him up AGAIN not noting what the law was under which they could do so. Do you know why? Because that law - the McCarran-Walter Act was written and passed by Democrats in 1952. It has been law for 65 years without a challenge but has been challenged now for what? Legal reasons? No, this will absolutely fail before the Supreme Court.

This has been challenged to support this: Islamic Civ Prof Tries to Justify Rape and Slavery (external - login to view)

As you can see, the intellectuals are so intellectual after all. The media is willing to do absolutely anything to retain their believed power and the only things the population of this country can do is simply walk away from them.

Will Canada remain socialist-liberal? Will the hospitals lining the American side of the border still have long lists of Canadians with illnesses that Canada's socialized medical system just will never get around to treating? Will Canadians continue to believe that they cannot do for themselves even when they are forced to do for themselves anyway? Will we continue to see Canadians that are so depressed that they have a suicide rate 90% the US with all of the US's problems?

Canadians - ask yourself - is YOUR media running your government?
 
Mowich
+2
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

Canadians - ask yourself - is YOUR media running your government?

I cut out all the other crap because it was just that.

In answer to your question regarding my country, NO - the media is not running the government - much as you might like to believe that is so. Nor, is the media running the US government - though from what I see of the debacle taking place down there, they couldn't do a worse job then is being done by the current administration.
 
Cliffy
#21
I find it interesting that when humans began to domesticate animals, they began to become domesticated themselves. Civilization is the domestication of the human species:

We Domesticated Ourselves

First off, it’s worth examining what it means to be domesticated. In the most basic sense, to be domesticated is to be tame. Tame animals are not dangerous. They are easy to manage and hard to provoke. Their adrenal response, the cause of the fight-or-flight reflex, is tamped down. In some sense, this is neoteny in behavior- the lifelong preservation of the trust, playfulness, and sociability of youth. In the case of dogs (external - login to view) and the purpose-bred silver fox (external - login to view), domestication seems to have increased social intelligence, at least in regard to interpreting human gestures and emotions.
Not surprisingly, behavioral neoteny goes hand-in-paw with physical neoteny. Domestic animals, on average, have smaller skulls, teeth and brains than those of their wild counterparts. Dogs are particularly pedomorphic, hanging onto the tail-wag, puppyish bark, and floppy ears of a juvenile wolf their whole lives.
Humans certainly preserve a host of juvenile traits into adulthood. Descendants of cattle-herding populations are able to digest lactose into adulthood, a trait normally lost once an infant is weaned. Mature human bodies are less muscular and more fine-limbed than those of Neanderthals, our closest hominid relative. Our jaws and teeth remain small and narrow, in contrast to our broad, babyish foreheads and wide-set eyes.


www.nextnature.net/2011/02/we...ted-ourselves/ (external - login to view)
 
EagleSmack
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

"Welcome to the suck, guys. It's only just beginning..."

Ahhhhh... more ecotards tears.

Such joy in those liberal tears.
 
Wake
#23
Mowich - The numbers of Canadians coming over to American hospitals is real. The Canadian medical system admits to 1%. That means some 350,000 Canadians each year go to American hospitals.

The total amount of critically ill patients in the USA each year is less than 6 million or 1.8% of the population. While you're reading all of those Canadian claims that they really aren't "flocking south of the border" you might get a little insight.

More and more NASA and NOAA scientists are coming forward to say that their work has either been misrepresented or taken out of circulation in order to maintain the failing hypothesis of AGW. Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ –

Indeed I misspoke when I said that the media was running the media. In the USA the socialist party is so obviously running the media that it's plain that the media is now the propaganda wing of the socialist part and not the protectors of the Constitution as they were meant to be. And were until JFK was assassinated.

So the question I should have asked is: Is your government running your media so that you no longer have a clear view of what is occurring in your country? So that anything can be hidden and anything can be distorted and lied about?
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

Mowich - The numbers of Canadians coming over to American hospitals is real. The Canadian medical system admits to 1%. That means some 350,000 Canadians each year go to American hospitals.
The total amount of critically ill patients in the USA each year is less than 6 million or 1.8% of the population. While you're reading all of those Canadian claims that they really aren't "flocking south of the border" you might get a little insight.
More and more NASA and NOAA scientists are coming forward to say that their work has either been misrepresented or taken out of circulation in order to maintain the failing hypothesis of AGW. Scientists balk at ‘hottest year’ claims: Ignores Satellites showing 18 Year ‘Pause’ –
Indeed I misspoke when I said that the media was running the media. In the USA the socialist party is so obviously running the media that it's plain that the media is now the propaganda wing of the socialist part and not the protectors of the Constitution as they were meant to be. And were until JFK was assassinated.
So the question I should have asked is: Is your government running your media so that you no longer have a clear view of what is occurring in your country? So that anything can be hidden and anything can be distorted and lied about?

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

Fake news. That's all fake news. Prove that it isn't.

Start with some actual statistics from your health care industry on the number of Canadians in your hospitals, not Breitbart's opinion of it. It's funny. I don't hear about one single person in my circle of family, friends or coworkers that have ever gone to the US for treatment nor have I in my sixty years. I've heard of a few who went to Europe for specialized cancer treatments but never the US. I guess that the conspiracy to silence them is so total that the patients themselves have been gagged by roving bands of Socialists.
 
Mowich
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

So the question I should have asked is: Is your government running your media so that you no longer have a clear view of what is occurring in your country? So that anything can be hidden and anything can be distorted and lied about?

Wake, I am well apprised regarding the shortcomings of our health care system because the Canadian media makes sure I am - they are quite good at ferreting out all the shortages, lack of beds, need for doctors etc. etc.

The right is not without their voices, Wake........Rush, Briebart, and alt-right fake news sites too numerous to mention are doing a fine job of spreading their propaganda and the boosts they keep getting from the Pres certainly don't hurt. If any media is in danger, it is not the right wing media.

A story being spread across the internet right now by fake news sites stating that the Washington Post took money from the Russians. Not one single credible news source is carrying the story.

People who only get their news from such sites will swallow the story hook, line and sinker and then fight tooth and nail over its validity. How sad.
 
eh1eh
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

"Welcome to the suck, guys. It's only just beginning..."

It was great Ė a bit like that No Pressure video that the enviro-loons made a few years ago, only better because this time the victims werenít blameless schoolchildren but grisly, puffed-up, righteously eco, Trump-and-Brexit-hating TV and newspaper Environment Correspondents, all of whom hate my guts. (They hate yours too, so donít get smug.)

The occasion was a press conference hosted by the Global Warming Policy Foundation for Myron Ebell, head of the Trump administrationís Environmental Protection Agency transition team. Satanís Emissary, as liberals prefer to think of him.

Ebell had come to tell them about Trumpís plans for the environment and energy, which I wonít repeat here because you know them already. (Itís going to be beautiful, thatís all you need to remember.)

No, the reason I went wasnít to hear what Ebell had to say but to watch how his audience reacted.

You know that scene in The Omenwhen Damienís parents try to take him into a church? It was a bit like that. Or maybe the one in The Exorcist, where Reganís head does a 360 degree spin.

They hated it. (Especially the bit where Ebell told them that Trump would definitely be pulling the U.S. out of the Paris climate treaty (external - login to view)) They couldnít believe what they were hearing. They curled their lips. They laced their questions with the bitterest scorn. But they didnít really tune into Ebellís measured, silken, soft-spoken answers because, hell, they knew what he was saying just had to be wrong and they didnít really understand what he meant anyway.

The reporter who set the tone Ė and if nothing else, youíve got to admire his honesty Ė was the one from Channel 4 News who told Ebell: ďIt will occur to you that this room is full of people like myself who consider that nothing you say has any basis in fact. So what youíve been telling us is essentially meaningless.Ē

Ebell replied with some painful home truths. ďElections are surprising thingsÖĒ he began and went on to explain to the mystified audience why and how it was that Brexit happened and Trump happened.

Basically, he argued Ė perhaps channelling Michael Gove Ė people have had enough of the ďExpertariatĒ. And with good reason: ďThe expert class is full of arrogance and hubris.Ē


more


DELINGPOLE: Trump's Climate Plans Just Made the Media's Heads Explode (external - login to view)


video of the event


httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvJvWMfAk47Q


Trump's climate plan should really make any thinking, science believing person's head explode.

Really Locutus, why do you parrot such horrible propaganda?
 
Bar Sinister
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by WakeView Post

Indeed I misspoke when I said that the media was running the media. In the USA the socialist party is so obviously running the media that it's plain that the media is now the propaganda wing of the socialist part and not the protectors of the Constitution as they were meant to be. And were until JFK was assassinated.

So the question I should have asked is: Is your government running your media so that you no longer have a clear view of what is occurring in your country? So that anything can be hidden and anything can be distorted and lied about?


You do realize that the US has no socialist party equivalent to those in most Western democracies don't you? Exactly what is the name of this party?
 
Curious Cdn
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

You do realize that the US has no socialist party equivalent to those in most Western democracies don't you? Exactly what is the name of this party?

It's probably secret ...all part of the Socialist conspiracy, you know.
 
pgs
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Wake, I am well apprised regarding the shortcomings of our health care system because the Canadian media makes sure I am - they are quite good at ferreting out all the shortages, lack of beds, need for doctors etc. etc.

The right is not without their voices, Wake........Rush, Briebart, and alt-right fake news sites too numerous to mention are doing a fine job of spreading their propaganda and the boosts they keep getting from the Pres certainly don't hurt. If any media is in danger, it is not the right wing media.

A story being spread across the internet right now by fake news sites stating that the Washington Post took money from the Russians. Not one single credible news source is carrying the story.

People who only get their news from such sites will swallow the story hook, line and sinker and then fight tooth and nail over its validity. How sad.

Yet you believe Steve Bannon is running the U.S. by pulling the presidents strings . And were pray tell did that gem come from ?
Obviously a credible news source .
 
EagleSmack
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Yet you believe Steve Bannon is running the U.S. by pulling the presidents strings . And were pray tell did that gem come from ?
Obviously a credible news source .

They are pulling out the old material from the Bush years. Things are that bad for the liberals.
 
no new posts