There is no such thing as "climate science"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
There is no such thing as "climate science".
I have been put under such an enormous group pressure in recent days from all over the world that has become virtually unbearable to me. If this is going to continue I will be unable to conduct my normal work and will even start to worry about my health and safety. I see therefore no other way out therefore than resigning from GWPF. I had not expecting such an enormous world-wide pressure put at me from a community that I have been close to all my active life. Colleagues are withdrawing their support, other colleagues are withdrawing from joint authorship etc. I see no limit and end to what will happen.

It is a situation that reminds me about the time of McCarthy. I would never have expecting anything similar in such an original peaceful community as meteorology. Apparently it has been transformed in recent years. Under these situation I will be unable to contribute positively to the work of GWPF and consequently therefore I believe it is the best for me to reverse my decision to join its Board at the earliest possible time.
There is only The Cult. Steyn has related commentary. Quite a lot it, actually.

The Sound Of Silenced Science - Small Dead Animals

"are you or have you ever been a climate denier"?

bonus tee hee

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
97% of climate scientists believe in AGW but 87% of Climatologists are in consensus. WTF?

Is there a graph for that?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
4 out of 5 climate scientists recommend drinking sugar-free kool-aid.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Meteorology is short term weather. Climate science is a measly 30 year weather data set used for climate scientist propaganda out of Billions of years of climate studied by climatologists and paleoclimatologists over the long term.

Only 52% of Meterologists jive with AGW. The Latest Meteorologist Survey Destroys The Global Warming Climate 'Consensus' - Forbes

Why not 97%

Metrology is an earth science after all.

Your characterization is pretty misleading. Look at the actual table of results at the end of that paper.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

If you see the breakdown of the respondents, of the people who are actual climate scientists who publish research on climate science, 78% responded that global warming is mostly caused by humans, and a further 10% believe that it is equally human and natural. Only 1% said that global warming is not happening.

The people skewing the results down are the people who are not published at all. That means that if they do in fact do any research, it isn't vetted or reviewed in any way. Why are you hanging your hat on the views of that crowd?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why are you hanging your hat on the views of that crowd?
Because true believers hang their hats on whatever appears to support their true belief. The sounder the source, the better, but if all they got is babbling imbeciles, they'll go with that.

And of course, as you've seen, they'll do their best to shout down the opposition, or cherry-pick the data and leap on any weak point, never addressing the whole.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Because true believers hang their hats on whatever appears to support their true belief. The sounder the source, the better, but if all they got is babbling imbeciles, they'll go with that.

And of course, as you've seen, they'll do their best to shout down the opposition, or cherry-pick the data and leap on any weak point, never addressing the whole.

Worst case scenario, just blame it on Obama.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Your characterization is pretty misleading. Look at the actual table of results at the end of that paper.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

If you see the breakdown of the respondents, of the people who are actual climate scientists who publish research on climate science, 78% responded that global warming is mostly caused by humans, and a further 10% believe that it is equally human and natural. Only 1% said that global warming is not happening.

The people skewing the results down are the people who are not published at all. That means that if they do in fact do any research, it isn't vetted or reviewed in any way. Why are you hanging your hat on the views of that crowd?

What is a climate scientist?
The Latest Meteorologist Survey Destroys The Global Warming Climate 'Consensus' - Forbes

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I did. What is a climate scientist? Who offers a degree program in Climate Science?

Just 52 percent of survey respondents answered Yes: Mostly human. The other 48 percent either questioned whether global warming is happening or would not ascribe human activity as the primary cause

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
me·te·or·ol·o·gy
ˌmētēəˈräləjē/
noun
noun: meteorology

1. the branch of science concerned with the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, especially as a means of forecasting the weather.

• the climate and weather of a region.

Origin

early 17th century: from Greek meteōrologia, from meteōron ‘of the atmosphere’ (see