Worship

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
"And Abram went out of Egypt, he and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the South. And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. And he went on his journeys from the south even unto Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai, upon the place of the altar, which he made there at first: and there Abram called upon the name of the Lord." Gen 13:1-4.

"Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which was in Hebron, and he built an altar there to the Lord." Gen 13:18.

"And, behold, I AM with thee, and will know thee in all the places whither thou goes, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of." Gen 28:15.

"The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flies in the air, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: And lest thou lift up thy eyes to heaven, and when thou sees the sun, and the moon, all the host of heaven, should be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God has divided all the nations in the whole heaven. But the Lord has taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto Him a people of inheritance, as you are this day." Deut 4:17-19.

"Hear O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words which I command you this day, shall be in thy heart. And thou shall teach them diligently unto thy children, and shall talk of them when thou sits in thy house, and when thou walks by the way, and when thou lies down, and when thou rises up. And thou shall bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be as fronts between thy eyes. And thou shall write them on the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." Deut 6:4-9.

''And the Levites shall speak, and say unto all men of Israel with a loud voice, Cursed be the man that makes any graven image, an abomination to the Lord, then of the hands of the craftsman, and puts it in a secret place. And all the people shall answer, and say, Amen. Cursed be he that removes his neighbor's landmark. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that perverts the judgment of the stranger, fatherless and widow. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that lies with his father's wife, because he uncovers his father's skirt. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that lies with any manner of beast. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that lies with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that smites his neighbor, secretly. And all the people shall say, Amen. Cursed be he that confirms not all the words of the law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen." Deut 27:14-26.

"Up sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow: for thus says the Lord thy God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou cannot take away the accursed thing from among you." Josh 7:13.

"And the children of Dan set up a graven image: and Jonathan, the son of Gershom, the son of Manasseh, he and his sons were the priests to the tribe of Dan until the captivity of the land. And they set up Micah's graven image, which he made, all the time that the house of God was in Shiloh." Judges 18:30-32.

"They feared the Lord, and served their own gods after the manner of the nations whom they carried away from thence." 2 Kings 17:33.

''AND ALL THE CONGREGATION WORSHIPED AND THE SINGERS SANG, AND THE TRUMPETERS SOUNDED; AND ALL THIS CONTINUED UNTIL THE BURNT OFFERING WAS FINISHED." 2 Chron 29:28.

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
If you are not born again, you will never enter into the kingdom of God: that is what Jesus said in John 3:3-8.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
If you are not born again, you will never enter into the kingdom of God: that is what Jesus said in John 3:3-8.

From the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV):

Jesus answered him, ‘Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.’* Nicodemus said to him, ‘How can anyone be born after having grown old? Can one enter a second time into the mother’s womb and be born?’ Jesus answered, ‘Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.* Do not be astonished that I said to you, “You* must be born from above.”* The wind* blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.’ 45678

That part about comparing people born of the Spirit to the wind, isn't that basically saying that we can't tell who is born from above and who is not?

Last edited:

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
If you are not born again, you will die in the lake of fire at the Judgment.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh God said to Abraham, “Kill me a son”
Abe says, “Man, you must be puttin’ me on”
God say, “No.” Abe say, “What?”
God say, “You can do what you want Abe, but
The next time you see me comin’ you better run”
Well Abe says, “Where do you want this killin’ done?”
God says, “Out on Highway 61”

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
If you are not born again, you will die in the lake of fire: so said Jesus in John 3:3-8.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
If you are not born again, you will die in the lake of fire: so said Jesus in John 3:3-8.

There was no lake of fire mentioned in John 3:3-8.

And "born again" is a misunderstanding of Jesus' words. It's really "born from above". Nicodemus, the person Jesus is talking to, misunderstands it as "born again".

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
In the book of Revelation there is a reference: "And the Beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had the mark of the Beast, and them that worshiped his image. They were both cast forth in the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. And whosoever was not written in the Book of Life, was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:14,15.

If you are not born again, you will be cast into the lake of fire.

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
Yes, Jesus did say that, all who will burn in the lake of fire, except those who are born again. All you have to do is ask God to come into your heart, and you will have eternal life.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I wasn't aware Jesus was on this Earth for Revelations. Perhaps you may be interpreting your book in a way that suits your own views and expecting the world to have faith in your version ... as in False Prophet?

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
Yes, I am baptized in the Holy Spirit, I raise the dead, cast out demons, and heal the sick...Please watch CBN sometime, they call out the "Word of Knowledge" and many people are healed...Please read, Christ,The Healer, by F.f. Bosworth.

Yes, I am baptized in the Holy Spirit, I heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. Please pay attention to CBN, they call out the "Word of Knowledge" and many people are healed. Please read, Christ, The Healer by F.F. Bosworth.

Yes, I am baptized in the Holy Spirit, cast out demons, raise the dead, and heal the sick...Please read, Christ,The Healer by F.F. Bosworth...You may pay attention to CBN they call out the word of knowledge and many people are healed.

1. I am sorry I quoted the text too many times, I just want to make a point.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I am afraid, Dexter, you are hell bound. I seem to remember, perhaps three years ago, there was a thread titled "Is Vanni Fucci Going to Hell?" Was it ever resolved?
PS to Herald
What about Dexter?