Dance

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
MIRIAM: "And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand, and all the women went out after her with timbrels and dances. And Miriam answered them, Sing ye to the Lord, for He hath triumphed gloriously, the horse and rider hath He thrown into the sea. Ex 15:20,21.

BACKSLIDDEN DANCERS: "And it came to pass, as soon as he saw nigh unto the camp; then he saw the calf and the dancing: and Mose's anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hand, and broke them beneath the mount." Ex 32:19.

JEPTHAH CAME TO MIZPEH: "And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came to meet him with timbrels and dances: and she was his only child; beside her, he had no son or daughter." Judges 11:34.

DANCE OF DEATH: Matt 14:6-12.

CELEBRATION DANCING: "And it came to pass as they came, when David returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of music. And the women answered one another as they played, Saul hath slain thousands, and David his ten thousands." 1 Sam 18:6-7.

DANCING BEFORE THE LORD: "And David danced before the Lord with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod. So David and all the house of Israel brought up the Ark of the Lord with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet. And as the Ark of the Lord came into the city of David, Michal, Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord; and she despised him in her heart." 2 Sam 6:14-16.

INFANT DANCERS: "They send forth their little ones, like a flock, and their children danced." Job 21:11.

SORROW GIVES WAY TO DANCING: "Thou has turned my mourning into dancing: Thou has put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness." Ps 30:11.

DANCE OF PRAISE: "Let them praise Him with the dance; let them sing praises unto Him with timbrel and harp." Ps 149:3,4.

DANCE OF PRAISE: "Praise Him with the timbrel and dance. Praise Him with stringed instruments and organs." Ps 150:4.

A TIME TO DANCE: "A time to weep and a time to laugh: a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecc 3:4.

ISRAEL DANCING: "Again, I will build thee and thou shall be built, O Virgin of Israel; thou shall be adorned with tabrets, and shall go forth in the dances of them that make merry." Jer 31:4.

DANCING CURTAILED: "The joy of our heart is ceased; our dance is turned into mourning." Lam 5:15.

MUSIC WITHOUT DANCING: Jesus said, "And we have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented." Matt 11:17.