Angels

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
"And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he had saw them from the tent door and he bowed himself to the ground. And said, My Lord, if I have found favor in Thy sight, pass not away, I pray Thee, and rest yourselves under the tree and I will fetch Thee a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou has said. And Abraham hastened unto the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly, three measures of meal, knead it, and make cakes on the hearth. And Abraham ran to the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it to the young man; and he hasted to dress it. And he took butter and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat." Gen 18:1-10.

"And there came two angels to Sodom at even: and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed to the ground; and he said, Behold now, my Lord's turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night. And he pressed them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat." Gen 19:1-4.

"And the Angel of the Lord called unto him from heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham, and he said, Here am I. And He said, Lay not thy hand upon the child (Isaac), neither do anything unto him: for now I know that thou fears God, thou has not withheld thy son, thy only son from Me." Gen 22:11,12.

"The Lord God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and that swore unto me saying, Unto thee will I give this land; he shall send His angel before me, and thou shall take a wife from thence." Gen 24:7.

"The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth." Gen 48:16.

"And, behold, the Angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and He smote Peter on the side, and raised him up saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands. And the Angel said unto him, Gird thyself and bind on thy sandals. And so he did. And He says unto him, Cast thy garments about thee, and follow Me. And he went out, and followed Him; and wist not that it was true which was done by the Angel; but thought he saw a vision." Acts 12:7-9.

"Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon thy transgressions; for My name is in him. But if thou shall obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then will I be an Enemy to thy enemies, and an Adversary to thy adversaries. For Mine angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Jebusites, and I will cut them off." Ex 23:20-23.

DONKEY ANGEL WHO SAW THE LORD: Num 22:23-28.

COMMANDER OF THE LORD'S ARMY: Josh 5:13-15.

ANGELIC GUIDANCE: Judges 2:1-5.

ANGEL'S SECRET NAME: Judges 13:16-18.

MISTAKING ANGEL FOR GOD HIMSELF: Judges 13:21-23.

ALLUDING TO ANGELS: 2 Kings 6:16-17.

ASSOCIATION WITH SATAN: Job 1:6;2:1.

ANONYMOUS SPIRIT: Job 4:15-16.

ONE OF A THOUSAND ANGELS: Job 33:23.

BREAD OF ANGELS: Ps 78:25.

ROLE OF GUARDIAN ANGELS: Ps 91:9-12;Ex 23:20-23.

ANGELS OBEDIENT TO THE LORD: Ps 103:20.

SERVANTS OF FIRE: Ps 104:4.

SOLDIERS DESTROYED BY ANGEL: Isa 37:24.

ANGELS NOT SUBDUED BY LIONS: Dan 6:22

GABRIEL, DANIEL: Dan 9:20-21.

STRENGTHENING ANGEL: Dan 10:15-19.

NATIONAL GUARDIAN: Dan 12:1.

ANGELS, DREAMS, VISIONS: Zech 1:7-17.

MINISTRY OF ANGEL TO PROPHET: Zech 1:8-21.

GUIDING ANGEL
: Zech 3:1.

ENCOURAGING ANGEL: Zech 3:6.

CATCH YOU IN THEIR ARMS
: Matt 4:6.

MINISTRY FOLLOWING TEMPTATION: Matt 4:11

AGENT OF JUDGMENT
: Matt 13:41-42.

CHILDREN'S ANGELS: Matt 18:10

BRIGHT AS LIGHTNING: Matt 28:2-3.

ANGELIC PROTECTION: Mark 1:12-13.

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the Dragon, that old serpent which is the Devil and Satan and bound him up for a thousand years. And cast him into the bottomless pit, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed for a little season." Rev 20:1-3.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Angels, aliens, spirit animals, Sasquatch, dragons are all spirit beings. The form they take depends on your belief system, whatever you are willing to accept. If you don't believe in any of them, you won't see them. Even if you do believe in them, doesn't mean you will see them. You may experience them with one or more of your other senses. At least that is my two cents based on my experiences with several different cultures.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
go find a christian forum.. this stuff is as bad as the The Church of Latter Day Saints.

way too preachy for me.
It is a Christian discussion in a Spirituality and Philosophy Thread, so don't come here if you don't like this stuff. BTW, herald is the guy who stands on the corner with the sign that says "The End is Near!" He is just another reincarnation of the guy who stood there 1000 years ago.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Christian discussions are OK. But actions speak louder. So let's have all those biblical miracles duplicated and surpassed in a manner consistent with that book's teachings.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Christian discussions are OK. But actions speak louder. So let's have all those biblical miracles duplicated and surpassed in a manner consistent with that book's teachings.
Every morning I wake up is a miracle. Bush isn't president any more and people believe the BS the media feed them. How many miracles do you want?:p

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
my only problem with religion is having to deal with all the super christians and their preaching and ranting on all those who don't follow things to a T and then they proclaim the devil will come down on you!

those are the type that I'd love to tell off and give em a piece of my mind.

I despise those who go walking in pairs, door to door preaching the bible! annoying!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
my only problem with religion is having to deal with all the super christians and their preaching and ranting on all those who don't follow things to a T and then they proclaim the devil will come down on you!

those are the type that I'd love to tell off and give em a piece of my mind.

I despise those who go walking in pairs, door to door preaching the bible! annoying!
Its not so bad and kinda fun if you have questions they can't answer.