The Official "Lets bash Christians" thread...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Several years ago when I went from being a Mod at an adult forum to arguing politics. I was so anti Christian, it was palpable.

Between being abused in the name of Christ by Catholic Nuns, to the shots at my wife's sexuality, and our chosen brand of kink. To say I had an issue with organized religion, was to make a monumental understatement.

Now I wasn't sexually abused by anyone, but I was physically abused. I had the unmitigated nerve to be born Native AND left handed. How dare I! I was repeatedly strapped and our whipped with a Rosary, for instinctively crossing myself with my left hand. I was never believed when i reported being bullied by the white pupils. None of us little red bastards were.

As I grew up and escaped the Church, I still came up against religious nut bars. I was once asked by a fellow employee what the little satchel around my neck was. Once I explained to him what a medicine pouch was, he asked if I believed in God and Jesus. I told him not as the Church does. His reply, "OH, you're going to hell."

This is by no means an isolated incident. I have traveled extensively across Canada, the US and much of the Globe and no matter where I went, you could find those of such faith, as to preach you perpetual pain in hell, all because you don't embrace Christ as they do. Rest assured though, wayward Christians certainly don't have a lock on that type of thinking.

All this only fed my hate and justified my contempt. I eventually sought out Christians to exact my revenge upon. Even confronting a Priest in an restaurant and asking him quite sincerely about his beliefs in homosexuality. He gave me exactly what I wanted, according to him it was a sin. Without even being prompted, he explained Leviticus to me, quoting passage and verse. I then quoted passage and verse of Leviticus, about it being a sin to eat shellfish, as he raised a pealed shrimp to his mouth.

Am I confrontational? You bet, no denying it. It's my nature.

It took me years to get over the scars left by the Church. I still don't believe in organized religion. I'm pretty much what you would call a traditional, in Native spirituality terms. But I can see the good in the Church, I even came to understand how it influenced the development of the west and how that has benefited people like me.

I guess this is a process of maturity that some people go through, when they open their minds. Some people take years to pull it off, some never do. I see a lot of the latter here.

So, here we are. Take your shots at the Church here. Doesn't matter which one. Roman Catholic, Anglican, whatever. Come sh!t on them here. I mean some of you obviously have some deep irrational issues with the Church of (insert you choice here). Hell, some of you can't even separate reality from fiction, or isolate an issue. You generalize and encompass whole groups of people with your BS. But because you think you have a lock on righteousness, you seem comfortable to negate whole groups and justify your asinine rhetoric, without ever doing any self examination.

Pollute one thread with your immature trolling and jabs. Instead of trying to incite religious wars in every thread.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I doubt if it will keep it out of other threads...because in other threads it is used profusely and even admittedly by some members, one in particular along with other insulting phrases ....simply to antagonize someone opposed to their viewpoint....

But......good luck with it.....hmm seems like I have to spread it around before repping you for that post:smile:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I doubt if it will keep it out of other threads...because in other threads it is used profusely and even admittedly by some members, one in particular along with other insulting phrases simply to antagonize someone opposed to their viewpoint....
And they call me a troll eh?

But......good luck with it.....hmm seems like I have to spread it around before repping you for that post:smile:
Thanx DS.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
same here Das, can't rep Bear either...consider this a green Bear.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
same here Das, can't rep Bear either...consider this a green Bear.
Thanx Gh...

And you know what?

I'll admit it here, and this will likely be dismissed by those that haven't clue one what I'm really like and chalk this up to you being my friend. But you in particular, were instrumental in how I came to get over my problem with Christians. People like yourself, karrie, ITN, DS and several others, showed me that there were Christians out there, that didn't think that I was going to hell because I didn't believe in God like they did.

Funny how we're the trolls though.

I think we can safely chalk that up to people who just can't handle having someone feed them their own shyte.

Last edited:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I'll admit it: I despise most organized religion. In some ways, I feel it justified when you view the actions of the Church (be it Christian, Muslim, Sikh or other) in a historical sense, and how these institutions have interfered, and still continue to try to interfere in matters that are beyond their scope. We don't have to look hard to see the politics of religion, whether its the current fundamentalist Islamic militants against hardline Jewish elements in Israel and the rest of the Middle East, the now semi-dormant inter-Christian fighting in Northern Ireland, or the Sikh vs Hindu vs Muslim tensions in India and Pakistan. History is full of more of those type of conflicts: they have coloured our history here in North America, even more so in South and Central America, and are prevalent throughout the history of the Old World.

I've spoken with my parents (who are bothered by the way I have turned away from Christianity) and other religious people, including some members of the clergy, and their theme is always "why blame God for the failings of Man in corrupting the interpretation of God's will?". It seems a bit of a cop out to me: if God created Man, then why doesn't he/she/it smack Man on the butt when he gets too far out of line, like a parent with an unruly child? Why is he/she/it so silent about these "corruptions" or "misinterpretations", when he/she/it used to speak to the prophets of old on a semi-regular basis?

I've also got issues with the idea of a "kind and benevolent God" when I view the suffering in the world, not just the man-made stuff but the natural disasters and diseases. I can understand the need of opposites for definition to a point, but some of it goes too far: why is there a need of painful, debilitating and ultimately terminal illnesses? Why is there a need for something like Alzheimers, where a family in essence loses their loved one repeatedly, until death itself is a mercy for everyone? If such suffering is necessary to some god's plan, thats not a god I want to worship.

And for all the bile I hold towards religion and especially the judeo-christian ones, I also feel a bit of a hypocrite when I see and admire some of the works done in the communities by religious charities, especially those who don't care what faith those they minister follow (like the Salvation Army). I admire the philosophy of Jesus, of love, acceptance and forgiveness (its not for me, because I'm not an easily forgiving sort: vengeance is MINE as often as I can take it, its not for some possibly real or possibly imaginary super being). I respect the selflessness that is integral to some people who follow this creed. I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me, that I cannot feel the faith(?) of these people, that allows them to be so tolerant, accepting of the flaws of others and good examples to the community at large.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'll admit it:
Excellent post wulfie...
And for all the bile I hold towards religion and especially the judeo-christian ones, I also feel a bit of a hypocrite when I see and admire some of the works done in the communities by religious charities, especially those who don't care what faith those they minister follow (like the Salvation Army). I admire the philosophy of Jesus, of love, acceptance and forgiveness (its not for me, because I'm not an easily forgiving sort: vengeance is MINE as often as I can take it, its not for some possibly real or possibly imaginary super being). I respect the selflessness that is integral to some people who follow this creed. I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me, that I cannot feel the faith(?) of these people, that allows them to be so tolerant, accepting of the flaws of others and good examples to the community at large.
This paragraph in particular is what separates you from the trolls.

You can and do, acknowledge you own hypocrisy. You don't try and blindly justify it with a whole lot of blustery BS and pseudo intellectual crap. Just a simple acknowledgment of the duality you posses, and reflect upon.

This is why I respect you and your opinions, whether I agree with them or not. If more people were capable of being as forthright and honest about who they are and their intentions, there would be far less BS floating around forums across the net.

Thank you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My religious beliefs are pretty simple- I believe in a supreme power and following the Golden Rule and that pretty well sums it up. What I don't like is people that take their own interpretation and try to ram it down others throats. I have absolutely no problem with their interpretation as it applies to them. I know there are a lot of people who have been helped by Christianity such as the seemingly hopeless alcoholic or drug addict who has found sobriety and regained self respect, lost relationships and prosperity, so it does work.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I don't really care what people want to label themselves as, I love everyone, like most of them, and what's left don't matter. Some Christians are cool, others are assh0les, some aboriginals are cool, some are assh0les, some men are assh0les and some are cool, some women are cool, some are assh0les, etc.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
This is by no means an isolated incident. I have traveled extensively across Canada, the US and much of the Globe and no matter where I went, you could find those of such faith, as to preach you perpetual pain in hell, all because you don't embrace Christ as they do. Rest assured though, wayward Christians certainly don't have a lock on that type of thinking.

Personally i think there are some people who go out of their way, in fact invite negative interactions with religious thought, by challenging others on their beliefs or wearing their lack of belief on their sleeves.

It's part of their own metaphysical system to reduce religious types, and especially Christians, to simple minded stereotypes, rigid in thinking, puritanical in morals, tunnel visioned in intellectual attitudes.

They should look in the mirror. You can't find anything more rigid, puritanical, narrow minded and generally misanthropic than modern atheism or its name sake, secular humanism. The stereotypes it proponents develop don't represent the large body of Christian believers, and especially Catholics, with its deep intellectual roots of introspection and extrospection (dealing with both the subject and object of God and Man).

So go on, if it makes you feel better, nurture your illusions. :smile:

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"The Official "Lets bash Christians" thread.."

Hey, CNNBear and like-minded yahooes:

How would you feel if someone had started a thread: "The official let's bash Indians" thread?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Personally i think there are some people who go out of their way, in fact invite negative interactions with religious thought, by challenging others on their beliefs or wearing their lack of belief on their sleeves.
So? There are lots of people wandering around wearing their religion on their sleeve, too.

It's part of their own belief system to reduce religious types, and especially Christians, to simple minded stereotypes, rigid in thinking, puritanical in morals, tunnel visioned in intellectual attitudes.
It's part of some people's human nature in general, you mean.

They should look in the mirror. You can't find anything more rigid, puritanical, narrow minded and generally misanthropic than modern atheism or its name sake, secular humanism.
Watch it troglodyte, the atheists will come out from under the bed at night and gitcha. roflmao
The stereotypes
Like the one you just pegged all atheists and secularists as?
it proponents develop don't represent the large body of Christian believers, and especially Catholics, with its deep intellectual roots of introspection and extrospection (dealing with both the subject and object of God and Man).
Yeah, Christians are all righteous and anyone else is puritanical, misanthropic, and narrow-minded. rofflmfao "Whatta maroon" - B Bunny

And you go right ahead and nurture your delusions.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"The Official "Lets bash Christians" thread.."

Hey, CNNBear and like-minded yahooes:

How would you feel if someone had started a thread: "The official let's bash Indians" thread?
Go ahead. Free speech and all that. :)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Stockholm Syndrome strikes again. Quite common among the victimized. Fornicate all religions, everyone of them is a crime against mankind and an abomination of nature. You want another thousand years of tolerance for this? Why not rip the hearts out of people right up front instead of all the smoke and mirrors? Maybe you've made some peace with deviant thought, don't expect the rest of humanity to feed their children into the god grinder because you can't keep up the eternal war on the machinations of evil.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

It's part of their own metaphysical system to reduce religious types, and especially Christians, to simple minded stereotypes, rigid in thinking, puritanical in morals, tunnel visioned in intellectual attitudes.

They should look in the mirror. You can't find anything more rigid, puritanical, narrow minded and generally misanthropic than modern atheism or its name sake, secular humanism. The stereotypes it proponents develop don't represent the large body of Christian believers, and especially Catholics, with its deep intellectual roots of introspection and extrospection (dealing with both the subject and object of God and Man).

The atom bomb was a product of deep intellectual roots was it not? Necessary illusion is the interface of the fabric of human existence without which we cannot converse with the aether. Organized religion is an additional compounding of that human condition for the benefit of the erectors of those same religions and has nothing whatever to do with the worship or adoration of god but only and exclusively for the maintenance and continuation of the edifice itself which of course in all cases supercedes the godhead itself. Which is better an imposed or an adopted illusion? A hand me down or a hand made?