"i am that i am"

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Ex 3:14.

"After these things the Word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision saying, Fear not, Abram: I AM thy shield and thy exceeding great reward." Gen 15:1.

To Jacob: "And, behold, I AM with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of." Gen 28:15.

To Jacob: "And God said unto him, I AM God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; and nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins." Gen 35:11.

"Moreover He said, I AM the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God." Ex 3:6.

"Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I AM the Lord, and I will bring thee out from the burdens of the Egyptians (Egypt: a type of the world), and I will rid thee of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments." Ex 6:6.

"...thou mayest know that, I AM the Lord in the midst of the earth." Ex 8:22.

"And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them; that they may know that I AM the Lord." Ex 10:2.

"And said, if thou wilt diligently hearken to the Voice (His Word) of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I AM the Lord that healeth thee." Ex 15:26.

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them (graven images), nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God AM a jealous God, visiting the iniquity (lawlessness) of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments." Ex 20:5,6.

"For I AM the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I AM holy..." Lev 11:44.

"Ye shall do My judgments, and keep Mine ordinances, to walk therein: I AM the Lord your God. Ye shall therefore keep My judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I AM the Lord." Lev 18:4,5.

"...For I AM gracious." Ex 22:27.

"Ye shall fear every man his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I AM the Lord your God." Lev 19:3.

"And ye shall not swear by My name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of the Lord thy God: I AM the Lord." Lev 19:12.

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I AM the Lord." Lev 19:18.

"Therefore shall ye keep My commandments: I AM the Lord." Lev 22:31.

"And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My Covenant with them: for I AM the Lord their God." Lev 26:44.

"While He yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud which said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I AM well pleased: hear ye Him." Matt 17:5.

"He trusted in God: let Him deliver Him now, if He will have Him: for He said, I AM the Son of God." Matt 27:43.

Jesus said, "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I AM with you always, even unto the end of the world." Amen. Matt 28:20.

Jesus said, "I AM that bread of life. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof and not die. I AM the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give in My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:48-51.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, I AM the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12.

"Jesus said unto them, BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM." John 8:58.

"Then said Jesus unto them again, I AM the door of the sheep." John 10:7.

"I AM the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep." John 10:11.

"I AM the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 11:25.

"Jesus saith unto him, I AM the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6.

"I AM the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman." John 15:1.

The Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit - One in essence, three in person. Gen 1:26; 3:22;Isa 9:6; Lu 1:47; Acts 5:3,4.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Ex 3:14.

"After these things the Word of the Lord came unto Abram in a vision saying, Fear not, Abram: I AM thy shield and thy exceeding great reward." Gen 15:1.

To Jacob: "And, behold, I AM with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of." Gen 28:15.

To Jacob: "And God said unto him, I AM God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; and nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins." Gen 35:11.

"Moreover He said, I AM the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God." Ex 3:6.

"Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I AM the Lord, and I will bring thee out from the burdens of the Egyptians (Egypt: a type of the world), and I will rid thee of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments." Ex 6:6.

"...thou mayest know that, I AM the Lord in the midst of the earth." Ex 8:22.

"And that thou mayest tell in the ears of thy son, and of thy son's son, what things I have wrought in Egypt, and My signs which I have done among them; that they may know that I AM the Lord." Ex 10:2.

"And said, if thou wilt diligently hearken to the Voice (His Word) of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His sight, and wilt give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians; for I AM the Lord that healeth thee." Ex 15:26.

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them (graven images), nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God AM a jealous God, visiting the iniquity (lawlessness) of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me; And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments." Ex 20:5,6.

"For I AM the Lord your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I AM holy..." Lev 11:44.

"Ye shall do My judgments, and keep Mine ordinances, to walk therein: I AM the Lord your God. Ye shall therefore keep My judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I AM the Lord." Lev 18:4,5.

"...For I AM gracious." Ex 22:27.

"Ye shall fear every man his mother and his father, and keep My Sabbaths: I AM the Lord your God." Lev 19:3.

"And ye shall not swear by My name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of the Lord thy God: I AM the Lord." Lev 19:12.

"Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I AM the Lord." Lev 19:18.

"Therefore shall ye keep My commandments: I AM the Lord." Lev 22:31.

"And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My Covenant with them: for I AM the Lord their God." Lev 26:44.

"While He yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud which said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I AM well pleased: hear ye Him." Matt 17:5.

"He trusted in God: let Him deliver Him now, if He will have Him: for He said, I AM the Son of God." Matt 27:43.

Jesus said, "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I AM with you always, even unto the end of the world." Amen. Matt 28:20.

Jesus said, "I AM that bread of life. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof and not die. I AM the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give in My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world." John 6:48-51.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, I AM the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12.

"Jesus said unto them, BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, I AM." John 8:58.

"Then said Jesus unto them again, I AM the door of the sheep." John 10:7.

"I AM the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep." John 10:11.

"I AM the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." John 11:25.

"Jesus saith unto him, I AM the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." John 14:6.

"I AM the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman." John 15:1.

The Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit - One in essence, three in person. Gen 1:26; 3:22;Isa 9:6; Lu 1:47; Acts 5:3,4.

Is this church? I didn't wear a hat, so I better go, ZOOOOOOM!!!!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
:cool: I'm Popeye the sailor man
I am that I am so I am
Go tell ol' Moses
I does as I choses
I'm Popeye the sailor man

toot toot.

whatever.

I had the same question, Nuggler. Is there a point to all these quotes from the Bible? Or did Herald borrow a page from eanassir, who reproduces quotes upon quotes from Koran (which I assume nobody reads)?

Herald, simply quoting Bible will get you nowhere in these forums. I don’t think these are fertile grounds for evangelism. If all you are interested in evangelizing, well, you have planted the seed.

Isn’t that what your leaders tell you, that all you can do is plant the seed; it ultimately depends upon Jesus to change hearts? Well, you have planted the seeds, if that is all you wanted to do, I suggest you move on.

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
You are not His sheep - while we enjoy eternal life - you will meet your end in the lake of fire and be destroyed.

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
You are not His sheep - while we enjoy eternal life - you will meet your end in the lake of fire and be destroyed.

Herald, it would be nice that if you are going to the trouble of doing all this research that you should at least include a point. The posters are being courteous in spending the time to read your post, only to find it bottoms out.

Anyone can reach for a bible and find the same writing.

So what is it YOU want from your post which I feel is a bad example of evangelism if that is what it is.?

Secondly, having lost everyone as to what you hope to glean from the thread, you go further by judging a poster in 8 with your implied "fire and brimstone" threat.

Sincerely, :smile:
Andy

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
The more Biblical information you receive, the more you will be held accountable for.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

hahahahaha. What a load of BS.

Are you proud to be one of God's "sheep" and all the mindless following that goes with it?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

I sure hope so, Herald. Spending an eternity with religious extremists like Pat Robertson, Dr. Dobson or Rush ‘drug addict’ Limbaugh is not exactly me idea of bliss, my idea of Heaven.

I will take fire and brimstone any day.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Herald, it would be nice that if you are going to the trouble of doing all this research that you should at least include a point. The posters are being courteous in spending the time to read your post, only to find it bottoms out.

Anyone can reach for a bible and find the same writing.

So what is it YOU want from your post which I feel is a bad example of evangelism if that is what it is.?

Secondly, having lost everyone as to what you hope to glean from the thread, you go further by judging a poster in 8 with your implied "fire and brimstone" threat.

Sincerely, :smile:
Andy
Quite right. Even our local priest, Fr. Sanctus includes dialogue. He doesn't post much scripture, and when he does he explains it according to the RCC view.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Somehow, the prospect of spending eternity with a murderous, immature, bombastic, sadistic psychopath doesn't particularly thrill me from my head to my toes.

At least Harold would be there though, sitting on his cushy leather couch beside Jesus, all because he posts more on the internets about jebus and fire lakes.