A belief in God .

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
The beliefe in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life .That's all.

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

Whether you're rich or whether you're poor
It matters not to Him
He remembers where you're going
Not where you've been

If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget

All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
JBeee

It matters not to Him
Not where you've been.......................................
Hi JBeee,I'm very happy that that Jesus guy loves all the little children of the world ; so do I , though I don't belive in any gods ;do you?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The beliefe in God is merely an escape from your monotonous, stupid and cruel life .That's all.
Are you saying this way of handling your monotonous, stupid and cruel life is better?

Did your study of Religion set you free? (a conclusion of disbelief in neither here nor there, that you made a decision is the guiding component)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
JBEEE, Jesus loves the little children, really? I suppose he must. That is why he kills millions of them by violence, starvation, disease, slave labour and sexual exploitation by adults etc., so that he could be near to them.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
MHz ,

Are you saying this way of handling your monotonous, stupid and cruel life is better?
Hi MHz ,I think that if you will find the reason why your life is monotonous , stupid and crual ( and that is something that only you can do -regarding your own life )at the same time you will find the answers to allot of your questions .

Did your study of Religion set you free? (a conclusion of disbelief in neither here nor there, that you made a decision is the guiding component)
No MHz no one or nothing sett me free ;I was born that way .

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

It matters not to Him
Not where you've been

If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget

All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure

good for Jesus, I'm sure he did, but according you the believers, god was his
dad, and he doesn't give a flying fu--,'saucer' about the children, he lets horrible things happen to them, in many different forms, and how anyone
could pray and be obedient to a monster like that, I would only wonder.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
talloola ,
Hi talloola,......"god was his
dad, and he doesn't give a flying fu--,'saucer' about the children, he lets horrible things happen to them, in many different forms, and how anyone....

well,if it's god's fault for all the horibble things that are happening to all of us , not only children ;than we are "the god".

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
talloola ,

well,if it's god's fault for all the horibble things that are happening to all of us , not only children ;than we are "the god".

yeah right, when all the good things happen, god gets the praise, when the
bad things happen god gets off the hook.
I'm so glad I don't have to even think about things like that in my real life.
People are responsible for 'everything', maybe the exception is natural events,
earthquakes etc. Because in my world there is no one else to give bouquets to,
or trash, it's 'us' all the way, on both counts.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Pan was a cool god. Half man half goat, chasin' all the nymphs around the forest with an erection. Ya gotta love this guy. Didn't cause anybody any harm and for this the church vilified him as the devil. How come priests and bishops and cardinals all run around in dresses and wear pointy hats? All that celibacy makes them crazy and they just hate that Pan is gettin' some.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Pan was a cool god. Half man half goat, chasin' all the nymphs around the forest with an erection. Ya gotta love this guy. Didn't cause anybody any harm and for this the church vilified him as the devil. How come priests and bishops and cardinals all run around in dresses and wear pointy hats? All that celibacy makes them crazy and they just hate that Pan is gettin' some.
Which is where the 'horny old goat' saying came from.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
JBEEE, Jesus loves the little children, really? I suppose he must. That is why he kills millions of them by violence, starvation, disease, slave labour and sexual exploitation by adults etc., so that he could be near to them.
Sir Joe,
You have studied the bible extensively. You know we have free will. Jesus is not violating the children nor is he starving them or creating disease. We have played this same old song over and over. You won't change your beliefs and I won't change mine.
I thought this was a Christian thread. You are an athiest. Are you hoping to change some minds? I don't try to change yours. I just feel it's your problem - not mine.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
You're an authority are you!! My life is far from monotonous, stupid or cruel. I have a full, rich life with a wonderful family and we all believe in God. You sound like your life could be monotonous, stupid and cruel and bitter.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You have studied the bible extensively. You know we have free will. Jesus is not violating the children nor is he starving them or creating disease.

Islandpacific, isn’t God (and by implication, Jesus) supposed to be responsible for everything that goes on in the world? I thought the Christian belief was that God created the world, he looks after it, he answers our prayers, nothing happens without God’s permission, without God’s consent.

If that is the case, isn’t he responsible for the death of millions of children each year? Even if you claim that Devil is responsible for it, surely God is stronger than Devil, the Devil cannot wreck such havoc without God’s consent? God could stop the carnage if he wanted to?

And if he is indeed wrecking such a havoc without God’s consent, that God would like to stop the carnage, slaughter of children but cannot do anything about it, that would make the Devil as powerful, as strong as God, which is clearly against your faith.

Surely there is some inconsistency somewhere.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Islandpacic
You're an authority are you!!

Just learning through observation ,no big deal .

My life is far from monotonous, stupid or cruel. I have a full, rich life with a wonderful family and we all believe in God.
I am happy that you are far from stupid ,cruel life ...etc.
You sound like your life could be monotonous, stupid and cruel and bitter.
Why would you say that ? ....what are you basing your "assumptions on" ?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Islandpacic

Just learning through observation ,no big deal .

I am happy that you are far from stupid ,cruel life ...etc.

Why would you say that ? ....what are you basing your "assumptions on" ?
The words "stupid and cruel"

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
You have studied the bible extensively. You know we have free will. Jesus is not violating the children nor is he starving them or creating disease.

Islandpacific, isn’t God (and by implication, Jesus) supposed to be responsible for everything that goes on in the world? I thought the Christian belief was that God created the world, he looks after it, he answers our prayers, nothing happens without God’s permission, without God’s consent.
The Bible states that Jesus is the Word (God) made flesh. As I said - God gave us free will. God created earth and man (I'm not a total fan of evolution even though I believe it has it's place). God is responsible for what happens in your life if you open the door and let him in. Even then, we have free will and still believe we know what's best and crap happens. God does answer our prayers. It's just that sometimes, the answer is NO.

If that is the case, isn’t he responsible for the death of millions of children each year? Even if you claim that Devil is responsible for it, surely God is stronger than Devil, the Devil cannot wreck such havoc without God’s consent? God could stop the carnage if he wanted to?
Disease and hunger are probably the biggest killers of children world wide - both caused by and in most cases, preventable by man - not God. Would you or most of us, go find a hungry person (child or adult) and bring them into your home for a meal? Most of us are afraid to do so these days. God trumps the devil if there is a devil.
And if he is indeed wrecking such a havoc without God’s consent, that God would like to stop the carnage, slaughter of children but cannot do anything about it, that would make the Devil as powerful, as strong as God, which is clearly against your faith.
Man wreaks havoc on the whole world and mostly in the name of God!
Surely there is some inconsistency somewhere.
Yep - it's people - The good, the bad and the ugly! Particularly all those who use the name of God to wreak havoc.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You're an authority are you!! My life is far from monotonous, stupid or cruel. I have a full, rich life with a wonderful family and we all believe in God. You sound like your life could be monotonous, stupid and cruel and bitter.

****ing simple minded trolls are like that, Island. Pay him no heed.

:canada: