The secret of eternal life

bigape

May 28, 2008
There is a secret, that most of the world knows nothing about.
And this secret is, the only way of eternal life.

The secret that I am referring to is, “the result” of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
--------------------------------------------------
The result of the Gospel, is that the only way to get saved and on your way to heaven, is by not “doing” anything, to get there.

Notice what this passage says........
Romans 4:4-5
V.4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
V.5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Getting saved, has NOTHING to do with our “good works”.
As a matter of fact, according to the Bible those who do good works to get themselves saved, are actually working their way to hell.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Good works are everything for humanity's salvation in the here-and-now! Dissing good works in the vain hope of some after-you're-croaked paradise is somewhat idiotic.
So be good or be damed!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
thinking that you are saved because you pronounce that JC is your personal savior is self delusional. If you think that you have a ticket to god by uttering words and then don't have to qualify, you are nuts and if you think that looking out for number one qualifies you, you are an idiot.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Secret of eternal life..Trust in yourself and others!!...The Real secret!!..Can't tell you it's a secret..Everyone must answer that question in their own space and time. !!

Man there's a lot of spiritual talk around here today

Just have faith and Believe...!! Anything is possible!!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Good morning Cliffy.

So little time, isn't there, for us to teach today's Christians that what the mendicant Jewish rabbi and prophet cautioned was "Love thy neighbour" and the world will be a better place not "Let's send everyone to hell who doesn't believe exactly as we do!"

bigape

May 28, 2008
Hi Said1

You asked.........
“Did the Catholics send you?”

Absolutely not. They don’t know this secret, so they teach that people are saved by becoming a Catholic and doing good works.

The Catholics call this message, heresy.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Dear Bigape,

Catholics believe that the good are saved regardless of religion, Christian or otherwise! if you are mean mouthing Catholics, at least get it right! After all, getting it right is the Christian thing to do!

As always,
Your cousin

Last edited:

bigape

May 28, 2008
Hi Cliffy

You said........
“thinking that you are saved because you pronounce that JC is your personal savior is self delusional.”
I agree.

Some people may believe this, but the Bible says, it takes more than just a “pronouncement”.

You must place faith, in the Lord’s sacrifice for you.

dirtylinder

get dirty
Apr 24, 2007
vancouver island
Shhh the secret is to love yourself, and all others no matter what country they are from, what religion they are or what race they are...that's it, that's all SSSHHHHHH

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Eternal life, what a crock, and truly wishful thinking for those who believe it

Suck it up, live your life well, you have one, it begins, then it ends, handle it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shhh the secret is to love yourself, and all others no matter what country they are from, what religion they are or what race they are...that's it, that's all SSSHHHHHH

Dirty....I like that. I don't know what a Christian thinks, or if there is a Heaven or whatever later
on. I'll deal with that when/if the time comes. Doing good things makes me feel good in the here
and now, regardless of whatever carrot (real or not) may (or may not) be dangling later on. Being
an arsehole now would make me feel like an arsehole....now.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Secret of eternal life..Trust in yourself and others!!...The Real secret!!..Can't tell you it's a secret..Everyone must answer that question in their own space and time. !!

Man there's a lot of spiritual talk around here today

Just have faith and Believe...!! Anything is possible!!

It is a secret isn't it? You can't trust some people with them.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
After all, getting it right is the Christian thing to do!

Spade,

Isn't that "getting to the right is the Christian thing to do"?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Sadly, the virus of right-think has infected Christianity and turned it 180 degrees from an antiestablishment and revolutionary movement about neighbour, forgiveness, and peace to one of the darker side. This pathogen has even stealthed into VC. Click here.

Northboy

Electoral Member
There is a secret, that most of the world knows nothing about.
And this secret is, the only way of eternal life.

The secret that I am referring to is, “the result” of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The result of the Gospel, is that the only way to get saved and on your way to heaven, is by not “doing” anything, to get there.

Notice what this passage says........
Romans 4:4-5
V.4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
V.5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Getting saved, has NOTHING to do with our “good works”.
As a matter of fact, according to the Bible those who do good works to get themselves saved, are actually working their way to hell.

Oh boy! Scripture quotations!

I'll see your Paul and raise you a James:

James 1 22-25

"Only be sure that you act on the message and do not merely listen; for
that would be to mislead yourselves. A man who listens to the message but
never acts upon it is like one who looks in a mirror at the face nature gave
him. He glances at himself and goes away, and at once forgets what he
looked like. But the man who looks closely into the perfect law, the law
that makes us free, and who lives in its company, does not forget what he
hears, but acts upon it; and that is the man who by acting will find
happiness.

New English Version.

On this issue, I side with the teachings of James, as after all, he was the Bishop of Jerusalem and head of the Christian Church of the time.

You may not act upon good works, but it is in your best interest to do so.