The Law

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
In Psalm 119, the word, "Word," is used interchangeably with, "law," "commandments," "judgments," "precepts," "statutes," "testimonies."

His Word = His law.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and CAUSE YOU to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments and do them." Ezek 36:26,27.

When His Spirit is within us, we are empowered by His Spirit to obey His Word - His law. And that is what "walking in His Spirit" is all about. The Holy Spirit will never lead us into sin, or, "the transgression of the law." 1 John 3:4.

We have abused grace:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Ga 2:20.

"What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Rom 6:1.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Rom 3:31.

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgresssion of the law." 1 John 3:4.

When Moses disobeyed the Lord and struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. When the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter The Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief
Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

Jesus said, "Not every one that SAITH, Lord, Lord, shall enter (Rev 22:14) into the kingdom of heaven, but he that DOETH the will of My Father, which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Mt 7:21-23.

"And hereby we do know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments. He that saith, I KNOW HIM, and keepeth not His commandments is a LIAR, and the Truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth HIS WORD, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby we do know that we are in Him." 1 John 2:3-5.

True faith obeys His every Word - His law. It is not what we SAY, but, what we DO.

"Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have RIGHT to the tree of life, AND MAY ENTER IN through the gates into the city." Rev 22:14.

Hello herald,

I agree with your assertion that disobedience = unbelief, and obedience = faith! This fact seems to be lost on so many who claim to seek the truth.

Aside from the Ten Commandments, what other instructions from the Almighty do you believe His followers are to observe?

Thanks,
Pro30four

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
We must obey everything in His Word, except the Ceremonial law:
The Ceremonial law pointed to the sacrifice of Jesus. Circumcision is now of the heart, washings are baptism, Jesus, the clean became unclean so that we may be clean. The Sabbath Feast Days were fulfilled:

Passover: Our Passover Lamb
Unleavened Bread: He was without sin
Tabernacles: He "tabernacled among us"...

CEREMONIAL LAW:

1. Is called, "the law contained in ordinances." Eph 2:15
2. Was spoken by Moses. Lev 1:1-3
3. Was written by Moses in a book. 11 Chron 35:12
4. Was placed in the side of The Ark (to show it's temporal nature)
5. Was nailed to the cross. Col 2:14
6. Was abolished by Christ. Eph 2:15

If the Ceremonial law had not been fulfilled, we would, still sacrifice animals.

1O COMMANDMENT COVENANT:

1. Is called, the "royal law." Ja 2:8
2. Was spoken by God. Deut 4:12,13
3. Was written with the finger of God. Ex 31:18
4. Was placed inside The Ark. Ex 40:20;Heb 9:4
5. Is to "stand forever and ever." Ps 111:7,8
6. Was not destroyed by Christ. Mt 5:17,18.

The Ten Commandment Covenant deals with our character, and is used by the Holy Spirit in our on-going process of sanctification.

Even in heaven, the Lord makes quite a statement about HIs Covenant:

"And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in HIs temple The Ark of His Testament: and there were LIGHTNINGS, and VOICES, and THUNDERINGS, and AN EARTHQUAKE, and GREAT HAIL." Rev 11:19.