Faith or Unbelief

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
When Moses disobeyed the Lord and struck the rock, God charged him with unbelief. Num 20:12. When the children of Israel disobeyed the Lord, they were not able to enter The Promised Land, because of unbelief. Heb 3:19. Unbelief comes out of an evil heart. Heb 3:12.

Disobedience = Unbelief
Obedience = Faith

Rom 16:26 refers to "the obedience of faith."

"By faith Abraham...obeyed." Heb 11:8.

"Even so, faith if it hath not works is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Was not Abraham our father, JUSTIFIED BY WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and BY WORKS was faith made perfect
?

And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God...For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." James 2.

God told Abraham to sacrifice his son, and Abraham was ready to be obedient to the voice of God. Obedience to the Word of God is true faith.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Rom 3:31.

Elohiym said, "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy." Ex 20:8.

Jesus said, "AND THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE
; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mk 16:17,18.

God is calling His sheep back to His Word, and away from the traditions of the denominational system, which He calls, "The Mother of harlots." Rev 17. She has traded much of the Word of God for her traditions.

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not partakers of her sins ("the transgression of the law" 1 John 3:4) and that ye receive not of HER PLAGUES. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities." (lawlessness) Rev 18:4,5.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." John 10:27.

How do we "Come out?" By doing as the Bereans: "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the Word with all readiness of mind, searching the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:11.

Let us embrace His Word, alone - Jesus is The Word of God. John 1:1. When we embrace His every Word, we embrace Him.

"And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God." Rev 19:13.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I always had my doubts about someone who would smash tablets given to him by god then break one of the commandments on said tablet by slaughtering a few thousand people right afterwards. The tale does have the that certain air of BS about it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I always had my doubts about someone who would smash tablets given to him by god then break one of the commandments on said tablet by slaughtering a few thousand people right afterwards. The tale does have the that certain air of BS about it.

lol. okay... tonight's half a drink went WAY to my head. All I can say is.... lol.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC

[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1]The sun-god tablet from Babylon, about 870 BC. The cuneiform writing tells how the king restored the statue of the sun-god to a certain temple. The relief shows the king being led to an altar, bringing symbol for the sun. Shamash, the sun-god, sits in a shrine, holding symbols of his power.

Interesting.. it seems one fable is easily morphed into another:

Maybe god is like Hollywood? Once you have a best selling formula you should stick with it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
Jesus said, "He that rejecteth Me and receiveth not My Words, hath one that judgeth him, the Word which I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." John 12:48.

Jesus said, "Not every one that saith, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." (lawlessness) Mt 7:21-23.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you...And I will put My Spirit within you..." Ezek 36:26,27.

Those who are not born of His Spirit, will never have eternal life. When you have His Spirit within you, you have Him, who is eternal life.

And those who depart in the day of judgment, will burn in the lake of fire and be destroyed forever.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Reject Him? I was questioned of the same thing when the Chaplain asked how I could consider myself Christian if I didn't attend Church. This was written as my response:

The Wolf’sCreed

It is my own belief, therefore my Faith, that I best honour my God, not in flatteries of praise, but in my own simple appreciation of all His gifts; not in paying Him dues, but in giving, of my own free will, to Him, His due respect; not in a raucous worship, but in my silent wonder at a sunset; in the still of a lake; in a swift-moving stream; in the simple beauty of a flower ... in the good in man, for it is in these gifts of Mother Earth, not in an environment created by man to please man in which my Spirit thrives.

That in which man chooses to place his Faith is but a personal preference. It is one's own theological opinion. As an opinion, it can be neither right, nor wrong. God created man as His vision of a man ... in His image. We know not the appearance of God. Since this species called man exists in a variety of shades, shapes, tongues, beliefs, and comes in two genders, it seems logical that our own image of God is that which is created by man ... for the comfort of man.

I believe there was a man named Christ. I accept Him to be my mentor. I cannot disprove His miracles. I choose not to do so. I understand the Message to be in the man ... in his own acceptance of others for whom they are. In His own time, this man named Christ was persecuted and condemned, by wisdom and ignorance of the day, for His non-conformity and insight ... as I have been in mine. He challenged convention in that He dared to be different. I will not re-crucify my Christ with labels of denomination.

Throughout the history of mankind, the arrogance of man has labelled others and persecuted those who do not conform to his own beliefs. We see it, even today in our alleged enlightened times ... in Catholicism versus Orthodoxist versus Protestantism; in Islam versus Christianity versus Judaism versus....

Theology means just that: Theory! No one knows.... He believes. It matters not whether your Higher Power is named as Good Order and Discipline, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Hare Krishna, or Harley-Davidson ... so long as it gives comfort to you. That's Faith! It is arrogance for one to believe his own Faith to be another's Truth.

When viewed from the peace of space, our little blue planet ... another of our gifts from God ... is a mosaic of colours, shapes and shades ... white, blue, brown.... The white of the clouds, vapours of life-giving water, seldom varies in intensity. That is the uniform purity of unconditional love. The blues ... the life-givers ... remain another constant. Brown marks fertility ... health in a multitude of shades. Ironically, the browns mark dead spots, and those places densely inhabited by man.

Peace in mind, soul or spirit is an ideal achievable only in acceptance that we cannot control what lives in the hearts of others. In an old Sunday School song, man is labelled as red, yellow, black or white. In my reality, man is those many shades of brown. Our time on this Earth is our Heavens ... or our Hells, dependent on our own levels of Peace.

Faith is a personal experience. I understand in the way best suited to me.

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
If He is Lord, then, we must lovingly, obey Him and His Word. You are talking about religion, not faith in Him. If you decide what you believe, then, who is Lord?

Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3.
If you are not born again, you are lost, and do not have eternal life.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If He is Lord, then, we must lovingly, obey Him and His Word.

I have a lot of trouble with this bit of religious thinking. Why must we obey him/her? Is god a freakin' idiot? If he/she made us with free will then obviously he/she intended to make something independent of him/her self. If we just blindly obey him/her and do so mostly because he/she is such a vicious prick then we are basically destroying his/her work.

I find it impossible to imagine god is that big an idiot.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If He is Lord, then, we must lovingly, obey Him and His Word. You are talking about religion, not faith in Him. If you decide what you believe, then, who is Lord?

Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3.

Are you obeying His word ... or the words of man as expressed through a Church. The Church is religion - created by man. Faith is that in which I place trust.

typingrandomstuff

Duration_Improvate
Moses is probably trying to punish the "believers". It seems that Moses believe the "believers" or people he rescued from the Red River doesn't deserve to read god's most holy words. I remember the bible talked about people worshiping a golden calf. This worshiping is not suppose to be in the Torah. I guess Moses want to punish those types of people.

Truthfully, it's a progress to build a better world.

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
The Apostle Paul wrote, "Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas (Peter); and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Cor 1:12,13.

The denominational system, was never God's plan for His church.

Perhaps, you are sickened by religion - so am I. It isn't religion, but faith in Him.

I am like the Bereans - I study His Word - not man's opinions and traditions.

Jubilee

Nov 13, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Jesus is Lord, this I believe as well, but I do think that we are the ones who decide what to believe. God has given free will to each of us. We can choose to believe in Jesus or not. It is our choice. That does not take away from his sovereignty. Salvation remains a gift from him which only he can give. In harmony with his foreknowledge, he predestined some to salvation. He rules over land and sea. All creation must answer to him.

Jubilee

Nov 13, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a lot of trouble with this bit of religious thinking. Why must we obey him/her? Is god a freakin' idiot? If he/she made us with free will then obviously he/she intended to make something independent of him/her self. If we just blindly obey him/her and do so mostly because he/she is such a vicious prick then we are basically destroying his/her work.

I find it impossible to imagine god is that big an idiot.

Well, I think the thing is not that we have to follow God. Of course we have free will. That's a great gift that God has given to us. But I think the thing is is that if we love God, really love God, and we know even a little about the love that God has for us, we want to follow him. I think anyone who really loves God, there's no question in their mind but that they want to follow him. I hope to become a better and better follower of God as time goes by.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Christian Discussion » Faith or Unbelief

Exactly, Herald, that is why most born again Christians think that Catholics are going to go to Hell, they are not born again.

I remember a few years ago, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart loudly (and proudly) proclaimed that Mother Teresa is going to go to Hell (she was Catholic, she was not born again). When Time printed that, Swaggart realized that it looked bad, it may affect his income, some people may stop sending money as a result of his comment.

He tried to backtrack; he claimed that he never said that, that he was taken out of context (the standard ploy of somebody who regrets something he said). Time, however, stood by its story.