The Father's Commandment To Jesus

herald

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2006
"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my Words, hath one that judgeth him, the Word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak.

And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak." John 12:48-50.

When Peter trusted in his own understanding, he attempted to counsel Jesus, that, He didn't need to die upon the cross. Jesus looked at him and said, "Get thee behind me, Satan...!" Mt 16:21-26.

When James and John wanted to follow the example of Elijah (denominational precedent?) and call fire down from heaven upon the Samaritans, Jesus said to them, "Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of!" Lu 9:54,55.

When Judas followed the inclination of his heart, Satan filled it and he betrayed the Lord. Lu 22:3.

These four disciples were with Jesus, 24/7, yet, when they trusted in their own understanding, became tools of Satan, who was attempting to thwart God's plan of salvation.

So, with all due respect, who do we think we are with our various denominational traditions and opinions?

Every doctrine should be studied Genesis-Revelation before it is taught. This is not, usually, done, because we lack reverence for God's holy Word.

Jesus spoke, only, the Words, that, the Father gave Him to speak. "He that saith he abideth in Him, ought himself so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:6.

We will, each one, answer to our Lord Jesus Christ, for how we lived and presented His "God Breathed" Word to mankind. 2 Tim 3:16.

There is, only, one authority - His "God Breathed" Word.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
These four disciples were with Jesus, 24/7, yet, when they trusted in their own understanding, became tools of Satan, who was attempting to thwart God's plan of salvation.

So, with all due respect, who do we think we are with our various denominational traditions and opinions?

Every doctrine should be studied Genesis-Revelation before it is taught. This is not, usually, done, because we lack reverence for God's holy Word.

Jesus spoke, only, the Words, that, the Father gave Him to speak. "He that saith he abideth in Him, ought himself so to walk, even as He walked." 1 John 2:6.

We will, each one, answer to our Lord Jesus Christ, for how we lived and presented His "God Breathed" Word to mankind. 2 Tim 3:16.

There is, only, one authority - His "God Breathed" Word.

Yet you council being taught the entire bible. Both OT and NT. How do YOU determine what is "God Breathed"?

jimshort19

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2007
Zurich
Jesus Did Not Think - He Knew Better

Herald, "... who are we with our... denominations and opinions?"

Notwithstanding your posting of a non-random sampling of the Christian New Testament, your question does not flow from the premise.

Who are we? Do you really want to know? Let's get literal here for a moment - maybe let's not look to Revelations. You insult humanity, argue for a general resignation from the use of the intellect, on the basis that Judas and Peter took a harsh correction from Jesus.

What would Jesus Do? Would Jesus not 'just say no ' to thinking? Yeah you make a great case for a quadruple lobotomy. You go first eh.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Herald, "... who are we with our... denominations and opinions?"

Notwithstanding your posting of a non-random sampling of the Christian New Testament, your question does not flow from the premise.

Who are we? Do you really want to know? Let's get literal here for a moment - maybe let's not look to Revelations. You insult humanity, argue for a general resignation from the use of the intellect, on the basis that Judas and Peter took a harsh correction from Jesus.

What would Jesus Do? Would Jesus not 'just say no ' to thinking? Yeah you make a great case for a quadruple lobotomy. You go first eh.

Isn't that proceedure expensive Jim, it dosn't seem to be an emergency, maybe we should wait or apply a mustard poltice, or something cheaper.

jimshort19

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2007
Zurich
Get thee behind me, dark one.

Dark Beaver, how bright be the door without you!

And you are right. Jesus would do something cheap. You may recall the political dissent when he bought the expensive perfume.

I adopted a standard proceedure of offering a woman an abortion proposal on the first date over ten years ago, but none of the women I've met are 'with it'. How is it that I always find only pro-life women? I've gone to lengths to get with this feminist stuff. Why do less progressive guys get all the girls?

Anyway, it's not about me, it's about Canada see, this is the latest angle. Do you want to live in a country that smokes and drinks? A country of sex? A nation of sin? Beaver?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Anyway, it's not about me, it's about Canada see, this is the latest angle. Do you want to live in a country that smokes and drinks? A country of sex? A nation of sin? Beaver?
It absolutely beats the totally repressive althernative hands down.

In fact I wish the government would get out of the bedroom, out of the brothels and out of the lives of people in general. :canada: That would work for me.

jimshort19

Electoral Member
Nov 24, 2007
Zurich
This has been a Public Service Examination

Sal, you fail. Go back to reading back issues of the Fraser Report. Do not pass go. You are unemployable. Your number is marked but not deleted. Somebody has to go to jail.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sal, you fail. Go back to reading back issues of the Fraser Report. Do not pass go. You are unemployable. Your number is marked but not deleted. Somebody has to go to jail.

LOL I want my $200.00 for at least passing go even if I am going to jail.

I would not only decriminalize but legalize, all drugs and prostitution and tell the government it is none of their business what people choose to put into their bodies.

Don't stroke out on me now dude.