Quote: Originally Posted by Walter
I pray to God not Mary.
It took me many years to come to the realization that things in my life weren't changing. I prayed to God often but would only give Him recognition at Church or when I needed something. Then a couple of times I experienced morbid terror and was utterly alone with it as no one could help. I was desperate for an answer. I thought of the days when as a child my mother would pray the Rosary and I would look on in quiet interest at her.
Perhaps that was the answer. I visited a Rosary site and was astounded at what I was reading. The author of it wasn't trying to be ambiguous or concerned that the advice given would only help a few. I said to myself, "Lady, are you ever putting yourself on the line on this one". It was a list of 15 promises by someone who had everything to lose if she ever lied. It was saying in effect "do this and I WILL help you".
It all made sense. Here was a person that Jesus would listen to. After all, he stopped everything and interrupted his own event schedule for her at Cana, so if this mere mortal can interrupt God and get him to do what she wished to boot, maybe she can put in a word for me.
This is what is meant by intercession. We do it all the time in our lives. We ask a friend of a boss to put in a good word for us. If we simply asked for a job on our own we may receive an almost acceptance, but we simply were missing that extra something that got us in. Jesus loves his mother, and now we have a mother who has made a prior commitment before she presents herself to her son our behalf. There's another reason also. She is putting into reality Jesus's words by accepting us all as her brothers and sisters, so when she makes a reference to us, we are immediatley recognized has her brother or sister. She is asking for help for a relation of hers, not a stranger to her.
So I felt it was a long shot, worth the benefit of the doubt. At first I stumbled in my schedule, would miss a day or two not taking it seriously, but eventually things began to change, a cloud was lifting, and I had breathing room. I could now take a timeout from the onslought of negativism that surrounded me. That gave way to other wonders that could be attributed to her help.
I am on a regular schedule now, and something else the Rosary prayee discovers is that one can't do without it.
A "fix" if there was ever a valid place for it.
Here are her 15 promises, and she is ready to help.
1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.