Mary Help Of Christians

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]Our Lady became the helper of the human race for the first time when her prayers were heard and God send His Son to rescue the world from the empire of sin. She is the great woman predicted in the Proto-evangelium of Genesis, who will crush the head of the devil (Genesis 3:15). She is also portrayed in the Apocalypse as the Woman clothed with the sun, (Revelation 12:1). Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her children, those who keep the commandments of God (Christians) and hold the testimony of Jesus (Revelation 12:17). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]She accepted the invitation of God to be the Mother of the Messiah when she responded to the angel: "Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it done to me according to thy word" (Luke 1:38).

Her desire to help was imminent during her intervention at the wedding of Cana, when she manifested to the Lord that they had no wine and prompted Him to perform the first miracle by changing water into wine. (John 2:1-11) In this passage of scripture She demonstrated her power of intercession. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]But her desire to help was increased by added responsibility given to her at Calvary when Our Lord made her the mother of all the redeemed children of God in the person of John the Apostle, "behold your son" (John 19:26). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]As Mother of God's children, She has responded by helping Christians throughout the ages. She has done this by coming to the aid of individuals, families, towns, kingdoms and nations. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]In 1214 She gave the Rosary to Saint Dominic as a weapon to combat the Albigesian heresy which was devastating Southern France. It is very clear to Christians and it is also the Will of God that we have and will continue to have the Help of Mary through the recitation of the Holy Rosary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]In the year 1531 Our Lady appeared in Mexico to an indian named Juan Diego, He was a humble peasant aged 51. As a result of the apparitions, over 10 million indians were converted to Catholicism, the sacrificial killings of babies stopped, and Our Lady left an image which is a reflection of herself imprinted miraculously on the tilma of Juan Diego. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]In 1571 the whole of Christendom was saved by Mary Help of Christians when faithful Catholic throughout Europe prayed the Rosary. The great battle of Lepanto occurred on October 7th 1571. For this reason this date has been chosen as the feast of the Holy Rosary. In 1573 Pope Pius V instituted the feast in thanksgiving for the decisive victory of Christianity over Islamism.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]Near the end of the 17th century, Emperor Leopold I of Austria took refuge in the Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Pasau, when 200000 Ottoman Turks besieged the capital city of Vienna. Pope Innocent XI united Christendom against the ominous attack of Mohammedanism. A great victory occurred thanks to Mary Help of Christians. On September 8th, Feast of Our Lady's Birthday, plans were drawn for the battle. On September 12, Feast of the Holy Name of Mary, Vienna was finally freed through the intercession of Mary Help of Christians. All Europe had joined with the Emperor crying out "Mary, Help!" and praying the Holy rosary.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]In 1809, Napoleon's men entered the Vatican, arrested Pius VII and brought him in chains to Grenoble, and eventually Fontainbleau. His imprisonment lasted five years. The Pope smuggled out orders from prison for the whole of Christendom to pray to Our Lady Help of Christians, and thus the whole of Europe once again became a spiritual battle ground, not of arms against ruthless arms, but of Rosaries against ruthless military might. Soon Napoleon was off the throne and the Pope freed from prison. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]After proving her maternal help, throughout the centuries, Our Lady has continued to appear in hundreds of places throughout the world mainly during the 20th century, Lourdes and Fatima being the most famous apparitions. She has brought help from Heaven, and has warned her children to do prayer and penance as a formula for peace. She has stressed that her children must pray the Holy Rosary daily. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma]The Feast of Mary Help of Christians is celebrated on May 24 each year. We must celebrate this day with a very special act of thanksgiving to Our Lady, praying the holy rosary, attending holy mass if possible and making an Act of consecration to Our Lady. [/FONT]

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Sanctus

If I took the time to promulgate the atheist view of existence would you be displeased or simply ignore it? At what point would my constant harping on my chosen philosophy and perspective become tiresome and aggravating?

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
I pray to God not Mary.

Walter:

It took me many years to come to the realization that things in my life weren't changing. I prayed to God often but would only give Him recognition at Church or when I needed something. Then a couple of times I experienced morbid terror and was utterly alone with it as no one could help. I was desperate for an answer. I thought of the days when as a child my mother would pray the Rosary and I would look on in quiet interest at her.

Perhaps that was the answer. I visited a Rosary site and was astounded at what I was reading. The author of it wasn't trying to be ambiguous or concerned that the advice given would only help a few. I said to myself, "Lady, are you ever putting yourself on the line on this one". It was a list of 15 promises by someone who had everything to lose if she ever lied. It was saying in effect "do this and I WILL help you".

It all made sense. Here was a person that Jesus would listen to. After all, he stopped everything and interrupted his own event schedule for her at Cana, so if this mere mortal can interrupt God and get him to do what she wished to boot, maybe she can put in a word for me.

This is what is meant by intercession. We do it all the time in our lives. We ask a friend of a boss to put in a good word for us. If we simply asked for a job on our own we may receive an almost acceptance, but we simply were missing that extra something that got us in. Jesus loves his mother, and now we have a mother who has made a prior commitment before she presents herself to her son our behalf. There's another reason also. She is putting into reality Jesus's words by accepting us all as her brothers and sisters, so when she makes a reference to us, we are immediatley recognized has her brother or sister. She is asking for help for a relation of hers, not a stranger to her.

So I felt it was a long shot, worth the benefit of the doubt. At first I stumbled in my schedule, would miss a day or two not taking it seriously, but eventually things began to change, a cloud was lifting, and I had breathing room. I could now take a timeout from the onslought of negativism that surrounded me. That gave way to other wonders that could be attributed to her help.

I am on a regular schedule now, and something else the Rosary prayee discovers is that one can't do without it.

A "fix" if there was ever a valid place for it. ;-)

Here are her 15 promises, and she is ready to help.

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

AndyF

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Here are her 15 promises, and she is ready to help.

1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

AndyF
Did Mary herself promise this, or was it promised by her followers?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Sanctus

If I took the time to promulgate the atheist view of existence would you be displeased or simply ignore it? At what point would my constant harping on my chosen philosophy and perspective become tiresome and aggravating?

Never tiresome or aggravating, but always interesting.
If it was otherwise, I'd have the good sense to realize it formed a fabric of your being and accept it as such.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Where may I look up these promises?
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][SIZE=+1]The rosary prayers come from the mysteries in scripture. You are entering into these mysteries as you walk with Mary in prayer and in this walk, she tells you the story of her son, Jesus. She also intercedes for us - just the same as a friend does when you ask for prayer.[/SIZE][/FONT]They were given by our Mother to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche.