Stones in the Way

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

[SIZE=+1]Long ago, in a land far away, there were three ladies who had a friend that had been murdered. Early one morning, soon after his death, they took some aromatic spices and went to his graveside. As they walked into the garden where the tomb was, they could not have known on that seemingly insignificant day, they were about to witness the greatest event in history. This event was so significant that it would shake the whole world and eventually every person who ever lived would have to come face to face with its significance. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Quietly, the women were discussing who they could get to roll away the huge stone that had been placed over the opening of the tomb. It was clearly too large for the three of them to push aside. The pre-dawn hush was suddenly broken as a violent earthquake shook the ground beneath their feet. Imagine their fright when, on the heels of the earthquake, an angel appeared. "His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow" and he quite easily rolled back the stone and sat on it. "Do not be afraid", he said, "for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said." (Matthew 28:1-6) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]It was not for Christ in His resurrected body that the stone needed to be rolled away. It was for the women, so that they could see the empty tomb. When we ask Him to, God will remove the "stone" that keeps us from seeing and receiving the present and eternal benefit of Christ's death and resurrection. God says that when we do not respond to His drawing us (that little tug in your heart), we harden our hearts. (Hebrews 4:7) But if we come to Him, He also says: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws." Ezekiel 36:26-27 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Just as Jesus walked out of that tomb in resurrection life, God wants to roll away the stone from your heart and give you new life today.[/SIZE]

snfu73

disturber of the peace

[SIZE=+1]Long ago, in a land far away, there were three ladies who had a friend that had been murdered. Early one morning, soon after his death, they took some aromatic spices and went to his graveside. As they walked into the garden where the tomb was, they could not have known on that seemingly insignificant day, they were about to witness the greatest event in history. This event was so significant that it would shake the whole world and eventually every person who ever lived would have to come face to face with its significance. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Quietly, the women were discussing who they could get to roll away the huge stone that had been placed over the opening of the tomb. It was clearly too large for the three of them to push aside. The pre-dawn hush was suddenly broken as a violent earthquake shook the ground beneath their feet. Imagine their fright when, on the heels of the earthquake, an angel appeared. "His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow" and he quite easily rolled back the stone and sat on it. "Do not be afraid", he said, "for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said." (Matthew 28:1-6) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]It was not for Christ in His resurrected body that the stone needed to be rolled away. It was for the women, so that they could see the empty tomb. When we ask Him to, God will remove the "stone" that keeps us from seeing and receiving the present and eternal benefit of Christ's death and resurrection. God says that when we do not respond to His drawing us (that little tug in your heart), we harden our hearts. (Hebrews 4:7) But if we come to Him, He also says: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws." Ezekiel 36:26-27 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Just as Jesus walked out of that tomb in resurrection life, God wants to roll away the stone from your heart and give you new life today.[/SIZE]

Sounds like a metaphor...and interpretation!!! HA HA...got ya!!! :)