Information on the Rosary

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
There has been some interest on what the Rosary is and it's purpose. I enclosed some snippets from the site http://www.theholyrosary.org to help understand the Rosary. I recommend that site for everyone.

One of the many legacies of Christ's visit is the benefits to us because of relations he had with people. There have been many who were blessed as being his close friend and in so doing offered themselves to assist him is his ministry. Of these people, the closest of course is his immediate family, Mary and Joseph, then we have the Apostles and finally a whole army of helpers in the Saints designated by the Church. So we know as Christians the Redemption was the ultimate gift to us, but to Jesus that wasn't enough. He ensured there were many left that exist even today that we can call on for assistance. Such much was his love for mankind and his hatred for evil, he ensured that we were well armed to fight even the worst of habitual sins. We call on these people to intercede for us and try to convince Jesus to remove our sins and help us fight them.

Through Mary we are guaranteed assistance. This is because we have seen at the wedding at Cana that Jesus would even allow for an interruption of his activities to do what she asked. Yet again, for Mary and Jesus additional gifts were provided to assist us in salvation. She came to visit us and state face to face that she will promise what we ask for if we devoutly say the Rosary. This commitment to the daily Rosary is called a devotion. There are devotions to others as well, the Sacred Heart is another. With the Rosary, the impossible became possible, and the lost became armed with a most powerful weapon against evil. So powerful, that proof will become evident, and the fortunate recipient will be overcome with awe at what he has experienced.

Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.

1 Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive powerful graces.
2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies
4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of people from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
8. Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the Saints in Paradise.
9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death
14. All who recite the Rosary are my children, and brothers and sisters of my only Son, Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

"With the Rosary in fact we meditate the mysteries of joy, of sorrow and the glory of Jesus and Mary. It's a simple prayer, humble so much like Mary. It's a prayer we can all say together with Her, the Mother of God. With the Hail Mary we invite Her to pray for us. Our Lady always grants our request. She joins Her prayer to ours. Therefore it becomes ever more useful, because what Mary asks She always receives, Jesus can never say no to whatever His Mother asks for. In every apparition, the heavenly Mother has invited us to say the Rosary as a powerful weapon against evil, to bring us to true peace. With your prayer made together with Your heavenly Mother, you can obtain the great gift of bringing about a change of hearts and conversion. Each day, through prayer you can drive away from yourselves and from your homeland many dangers and many evils.
It can seem a repetitive prayer but instead it is like two sweethearts who many times say one another the words: "I love you"..".

OF THE SUPREME PONTIFF
JOHN PAUL II

A path of contemplation

"5. But the most important reason for strongly encouraging the practice of the Rosary is that it represents a most effective means of fostering among the faithful that commitment to the contemplation of the Christian mystery which I have proposed in the Apostolic Letter Novo Millennio Ineunte as a genuine “training in holiness”: “What is needed is a Christian life distinguished above all in the art of prayer
Inasmuch as contemporary culture, even amid so many indications to the contrary, has witnessed the flowering of a new call for spirituality, due also to the influence of other religions, it is more urgent than ever that our Christian communities should become “genuine schools of prayer”
The Rosary belongs among the finest and most praiseworthy traditions of Christian contemplation. Developed in the West, it is a typically meditative prayer, corresponding in some way to the “prayer of the heart” or “Jesus prayer” which took root in the soil of the Christian East."

AndyF

Last edited:

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
There has been some interest on what the Rosary is and it's purpose. I enclosed some snippets from the site http://www.theholyrosary.org to help understand the Rosary. I recommend that site for everyone.

AndyF

Do that many Catholic still do the rosary? I don't seem to hear about it that much anymore. In fact, when Sanctus posted that Fatima stuff it was the first time I heard about it in years. I'm not Catholic, but that has been my impression anyway.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do that many Catholic still do the rosary? I don't seem to hear about it that much anymore. In fact, when Sanctus posted that Fatima stuff it was the first time I heard about it in years. I'm not Catholic, but that has been my impression anyway.

Two of the funerals we had this year did the rosary for the family... one was at the viewing the night before, the other, at a prayer service before the funeral. My in-laws, grandparents, and mother all do the rosary fairly regularly. My husband and I do it very rarely, but I would like to do it more often. Even a decade of the rosary once in a while would be nice. I even went so far as to get an old recipe for the true rosary beads, as I'd love to make my own one day.

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
Do that many Catholic still do the rosary?

It is still very common and not reserved to Catholics, but more underground now as Mary doesn't have too many followers these days, and it's not as politically correct as it was years ago. But I can attest to it's power and have had many favors. One was what I considered a shot in the dark and I figured a real impossibility has the odds were stacked against it, but it was granted. There are prayer groups all over, and one I know of here in French but I don't attend. Prayer groups increase the odds greatly of being granted a request, as Jesus is then spiritually present with the group if there are 2 or more.

Perseverance is important in the Rosary. For some, the new prayee can expect dryness to start, as he is being tested for sincerity and motive. This screens out the "testers", and those who are not determined and totally submissive in trust. The ones who remain are rewarded. Depending what is in need, a prayee is rewarded immediately because of a serious illness or imminent danger. This she will grant, but sometimes the person forgets to continue the Rosary in gratefulness, or to give a gesture of charity for thanks and Mary loses out on it.

I needed to learn some prayers, and made a print copy to recite from. Eventually I didn't need it. But I wouldn't be advancing all this if I wasn't sure of it's validity, as there is no more a skeptic than I am by nature.

AndyF

Last edited: