2. It would destroy three of the ten kingdoms (Dan 7:8). The Roman power destroyed the Heruli in A.D. 493, (2) the Vandals in A.D. 534, (3) the Ostrogoths around A.D. 538. The other seven are, still, with us today under the names of Germany, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Switzerland.
3. It would speak great words against the Most High (Dan 7:25; Rev 13:6). "The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted, that he is not a mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God." - P.F.L. Ferraris, Ecclesiastical Dictionary, art. On The Pope. "For thou art another God on earth." - History of The Councils, vol X1V, pg. 109
4. It would wear out the saints (Dan 7:25; Rev 13:7). "That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood, than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history..." - William Edward Hartpole Lecky, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, vol.2 (London: Longmans, Green and Company, 1904). P.32.
5. It would be guilty of blasphemy (Rev 13:6; Dan 7:25). The church has claimed that the Pope is God and has the power to forgive sin. When Jesus made these claims, the Jews accused Him of blasphemy. The church, also claims that, Mary is co-Mediator and co-Redeemer, that the priests, "Create God" in The Eucharist, etc.
6. It would attempt to change times and divine law (Dan 7:25). The Ten Commandments were written with the very finger of God, yet, the Catholic church claimed the authority to delete the 2nd (graven images) and split the last to come up with ten. - The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine. It, also, "changed" the fourth - changing the day of rest/worship from the seventh day (instituted by God at Creation) to the first day of the week (officially, at the Council of Laodicea, 364 A.D.) - no man/institution can over-rule God and change His law.
7. It would exercise power over all kindreds, tongues and nations (Rev 13:7). The nations of the world, send ambassadors to this Roman church/state!
8. The dragon would give his power, seat and great authority to this beast (Rev 13:2). The Caesars of the Roman Empire gave their power, seat and authority to the Bishop of Rome in 538 A.D. The official title of the Papacy - Vicarius Filii Dei, which means, Vicar of the Son of God, adds up to 666 in Latin, Greek and Hebrew (remember, it's "the number of his name").
9. It was to continue in world domination for 1260 years (Rev 13:5; Dan 7:25). 42 months X 30 days to the Bible month = 1260 days or years (Ezek 4:6). After defeating the Ostrogoths, she arose and reigned until 1798 A.D.
10. It would receive a mortal wound (Rev 13:3). On February 10, 1798, Napoleon's general, Berthier entered Rome and took Pope Pius V1 captive (Rev 13:10). Napoleon decreed, that at the death of the Pope (in August, 1799), the Papacy would end. "Half Europe thought...that without the Pope, the Papacy was dead."
11. It would amaze the whole world, for it's deadly wound would be healed (Rev 13:3). In August, 1929, in a letter written by the Pope in Current History magazine, the Pope said, "...EFFORTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO HEAL THE WOUND." - p.847.
From the very beginning of Mussolini's dictatorship, both the church and state determined to settle the Roman question. On February 11, 1929, a concordat was signed, thus restoring the place of the Papacy, and as The S.F. Chronicle Newspaper reported, the wound was healed.
The Bible tells us who The Antichrist will work through. The Reformers: Luther, Calvin, Wesley, Wycliffe, Tyndale, Knox, King James, Melanchthon and Zwingli, studied the Scripture, came to this same conclusion, and were pesecuted by the church. The time is short. It is essential, that our doctrine come from the Word of God, alone (sola scritura), for it is the only sure foundation and we are headed for difficult times.