The gap between man and God has been removed!

Onebody

Dec 18, 2005
Link: The gap between man and God has been removed!

When it is a question of the two most important relationships and commandments, they are the love for God and our neighbours as Jesus said. All of the Law and the Prophets are based on these two commandments:

Matt 22:36-38 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37. Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38. This is the first and greatest commandment.

Matt 22:39,40 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’

40. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
The gap between man and God has been removed!

I tried walking on top of the water in my pool yesterday and all I got were more clothes to be washed.

Sorry mate, the gap is still there. :D

Toro

Senate Member
I have a question.

First, I am a Christian, albeit a lazy one. I love Jesus but I don't go to church on Sundays because I'm not a big fan of organized religion. Plus, its kinda boring.

Anyways, I have this problem.

Here are the seven deadly sins

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

http://www.deadlysins.com/sins/index.htm

Personally, I fail the lust, greed and sloth sins, and I used to get tripped up on gluttony until my doctor told me I probably should pay heed. But that's besides the point.

In the 10 Commandments, this is the very first commandment

"You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

I mean, isn't that a little contradictory?

Why is God engaging into two of the deadly sins?

And this line from the above commandment

visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,

seems a little harsh don't you think? I mean, why should my great, great grandson suffer because I coveted my neighbors ass donkey?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: RE: The gap between man and God has been removed!

Said1 said:
Aare you there God, it's me Said1? :lol:

God's assistant here. God is busy at the moment, but please leave a message and He'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, please enjoy some of His more famous instruction manuals such as the Bible, Qur'an, Bhagavad Gita, Sutras, etc.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: The gap between man and God has been removed!

Machjo said:
Said1 said:
Aare you there God, it's me Said1? :lol:

God's assistant here. God is busy at the moment, but please leave a message and He'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, please enjoy some of His more famous instruction manuals such as the Bible, Qur'an, Bhagavad Gita, Sutras, etc.

Ok. Can the person who is looking after my file pls call me back - I'm not impressed with life thus far. I have a few issues I'd like to resolve, asap. :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Thre is no difference between Jesus and a man They are both the same.
Eccept everything Jesus has is from God ,nothing else.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Onebody said:
Matt 22:39,40 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’

You need to alter this one to better fit present day teachings. It should read, "Love your neighbour as yourself so long as he isn't homosexual, and follows your particular interpretation of my teachings."

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
The gap is a cavernous!

1) God smites (I love that one), we get even they call it murder.

2) God turns water into wine; I got 3 years plus probation for bootlegging.

3) The water thing, good point “I think not”. The only water I’ve walked on was when getting the plunger after clogging the toilet.

4) As far as getting up after being crucified, I think not!

Thank you,

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
You need to alter this one to better fit present day teachings. It should read, "Love your neighbour as yourself so long as he isn't homosexual, and follows your particular interpretation of my teachings."
Foolish!

Love your Neighbour stays the same.

Christains need to look back at that one when it comes to Homosexuals.

Love your Neighbour stays the same...Christans are the ones that need the reverseing.

Being a Christian, I have many Hommosexual friends and a Hommosexual God Father. I see no teching in the bible to tell me otherwise, and if their is, ill ignore it. Love your Neighbour can always be followed instead.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
See, this is why I'm not Christian. Questions, questions, questions. The love they neighbor thing sounds very close to my rede and mines older.

MattUK

Electoral Member
Aug 11, 2006
UK
"Being a Christian, I have many Hommosexual friends and a Hommosexual God Father. I see no teching in the bible to tell me otherwise, and if their is, ill ignore it. Love your Neighbour can always be followed instead."

Doesnt that make you a non christian? surely you should follow every word that god teaches you cant just follow the bits you want and not the others.

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
Doesn't that make you a non Christian? surely you should follow every word that god teaches you cant just follow the bits you want and not the others.

Why not? Its a faith not a law. Shouldn't you follow the bits that make you a better human being and toss the nonsense?