Are there many ways onto mountain to God?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If god were a hill--id have the energy to climb it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------I am convinced that for you there would be an elevator.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
an elevator to heaven--------

Theres a leftie who knows all that glitters is Bold
and hes buying his elevator to heaven

oooo and it makes me wonder....
ooooooooo yes it makes me wonder

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
It's all about the religious literalism. One of the reasons mentioned there were based on specific scriptural references from a specific religion. That just defeats the whole purpose of universality, without quoting from any other, then this just becomes a perspective on the issue from a Christian perspective, or any religious denomination. However, the Christian perspective is very interesting and kudos to whoever wrote that article. Mind you, there used to be gnostic christians who beileved in a similar concept as this many ways onto the mountain to God. The fact remains that we cant really know if its all one path to the mountain of God till we get to the top. I'd like to share an interesting story with you that really reminds me of this situation.
A frog lived in a well. It had lived there for a long time. It was born there and brought up there, and yet was a little, small frog. Of course, the evolutionists were not there then to tell us whether the frog lost its eyes or not, but, for our story's sake, we must take it for granted that it had its eyes, and that it every day cleansed the water of all the worms and bacilli that lived in it with an energy that would do credit to our modern bacteriologists. In this way it went on and became a little sleek and fat. Well, one day another flog that lived in the sea came and fell into the well.

"Where are you form?"
"I am from the sea."
"The sea! How big is that? Is it as big as my well?" and he took a leap from one side of the well to the other.
"My friend," said the frog of the sea, "how do you compare the sea with your little well?"
Then the frog took another leap and asked, "Is your sea so big?"
"What nonsense you speak, to compare the sea with your well!"
"Well, then," said the frog of the well, "nothing can be bigger than my well; there can be nothing bigger than this; this fellow is a liar, so turn him out."

As someone mentioned in the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago, each of us see the world from our own different wells, based on our religion. This article exemplifies the Christian well. This is the basic difference between RELIGION and SPIRITUALITY. This article is interesting becuase it shows what religion does to us, it makes wells and ultimately, it divides. What about the different denominations of Christianity, which one is the real true one? The problem is that the more and more we look deeper and deeper into our beilefs we realize how different our beilefs are, and it goes to such a great extent that not one of us has the same EXACT beilefs in that area. Thats precisely what happens with denominations with in religion. The first classification is different religion, then it becomes denomination. The more and more we dig we realize that our beilefs are differnt thats why we have so many different beilefs within this one religion. So first we ask this question and the next question will be Are there many ways onto mountain to Jesus? This is the difference between religion and spirituality, becuase spirituality focuses on the main idea and it unifies. In the times of ongoing holy wars, this doesnt really help, because we just start to differentiate between our different "wells" persay. My point is that this question will just start to lead to more specific questions and we just cant really properly answer this question right now. That response from the article was simply a view from another "well" or religion.

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Subjective to beliefs.

The article is bias from a christian point of view. So it depends on your own beliefs and the faith issue. This article is incorrect to tell people what to think. Who is right and who is wrong is an opinion, and we all know what opinions are.

My retelling of “The Frog Story “ by: vishliberal

"The way I heard it."

A Sea Frog was on the way to his grand-mother’s house.
An eagle began to dive at him to gather a meal.
The Sea Frog dove into a well to avoid capture by the evil bird of prey.
There he met Wellian Frog.
"Where are you form?", said the Wellian.
"I am from the sea.", said the Sea Frog.
"The sea! How big is that? Is it as big as my well?"

The Wellian took a leap from one side of the well to the other.
"My friend," said the frog of the sea, "how do you compare the sea with your little well?"
Then the Wellian Frog took another leap to a stone pile across the other side of the well.

He then leaped back with a sizable stone in hand!
He began to beat the Sea Frog to a bloody pulp.
The Wellian said, “You think I am a child and would not comprehend your answer!”
The beating continued....
The Wellian shouted, “You think I am stupid and not wise enough!
Maybe you think I’m funny! Funny how? I am a clown to you?
That being in a well restricts me to no thoughts of greater things?”
The Sea Frog was laying on his back gasping for air.
Blood dripping from his elitist mouth.
The Wellian stopped the brutal beating and whispered in the Sea Frogs well formed ear,
“Did you ever hear of Darwin?”
That is how I know there are differences in this world.
He explained the very reason why you are able to come from the sea and exist on land as well.”
Then the Wellian said,
“Look at me. Look at me! Remember I did this to you!
Now go and tell the world, that there are wells. They are to be careful of these wells. Because they could fall in one, and for thinking that they are so righteous, never leave.”

The moral of the story: As with all direct questions they deserve a direct answer! No parables, no prophecies to be explained, non of it.

In an ironic turn…just be nice and if there is a god he will find you!

A reading from the book of The Project Man; Chapter: 19, V: 11
“Least ye be frog nor man to define what is righteous and wicked!”

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Link: Are there many ways onto mountain to God?

Very interesting article about it that are there many ways, which lead people to God....

It was an interesting article. A bit skewed to a protestant view of things, but interesting none-the-less. Personally, I reject the ideology that many roads lead to God. I accept fully that there is one way to God, and that is through Christ and his Church(RC Church)