French town told Virgin Mary statue must go

tay
A court has given the town of Publier, in eastern France, three months to remove the work.

If it fails to do so, it will be fined 100 (80; $105) a day.

Mayor Gaston Lacroix said he will try to relocate the marble statue on private land.

The image of the mother of Jesus has been standing on the shores of Lake Geneva since 2011.

It has been the subject of local controversy for some years after it was paid for with municipal funds.

France has long had strict rules ordering the separation of church and state.

In 2010, it became the first country in Europe to prohibit the wearing of face-covering Muslim veils in public spaces.

French town told park's Virgin Mary statue must go - BBC News (external - login to view)

Durry
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
I am annoyed when I go into a store and a Muslim women wearing a Hijab (head scarf) offers to help me.

When they do this, I often tell them, "I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,,, I am not offending you, please don't offend me".

I think all public stores should be religion free!!

Otherwise I'll start wearing my Trump hat into these stores and see how they like it.

selfsame
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

"I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,

You mean in your ugly face, Ugly Zionist.
Enemy of God, you want by the denial of all religions .. only to support your Zionist rancor.

================================================== ===========================

Anyhow, concerning statues of any sort .. statues are forbidden and should be rejected because they are the idolatry, contradicting the First Commandment: You should not make any engraved statue whether of the sky above or the earth below or the water below.

www.quran-ayat.com/universe/i...st_Commandment (external - login to view)
quran-ayat(dot)com/universe/index(dot)htm#First_Commandment

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

Enemy of God, you want by the denial of all religions .. only to support your Zionist rancor.

Anyhow, concerning statues of any sort .. statues are forbidden and should be rejected because they are the idolatry, contradicting the First Commandment: You should not make any engraved statue whether of the sky above or the earth below or the water below.

The device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I give a sh*t about your god or his lame commands.

Yea and God said unto Abraham; "You will kill your son Isaac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "I'm sorry, is this better? Check check... check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

MHz
The Mary that the world is waiting to see is Mary of Bethany, that is the Fatima one and here appearance is on the day Jesus returns so all in all it shouldn't be much of a deal to Christians who are asked not to do things like that in the first place.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

The Mary that the world is waiting to see is Mary of Bethany, that is the Fatima one and here appearance is on the day Jesus returns so all in all it shouldn't be much of a deal to Christians who are asked not to do things like that in the first place.

Take your pills oddball

Danbones
oddly enough both Muslims and the Christians share a reverence for the virgin mary
its the third party that thinks she was a pig dyke who berthed an eternally poop boiled miscreant

can't have jeebus on the whitehouse lawn neither

...just so you know who's boss

Ludlow
I've always admired the character of Mary in the story of Jesus. Doesn't hurt anything.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

I am annoyed when I go into a store and a Muslim women wearing a Hijab (head scarf) offers to help me.

When they do this, I often tell them, "I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,,, I am not offending you, please don't offend me".

I think all public stores should be religion free!!

Otherwise I'll start wearing my Trump hat into these stores and see how they like it.

Women dressed like the BVM I can accept but when they dress like a KKK woman in mourning my perspective changes.

Remington1
That's why France will be leaving the EU and will elect someone like Pen.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

Do you just post to prove how stupid you are. Terrorist pedophile lover.

Motar
How is this topic/thread Christian, tay?

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

How is this topic/thread Christian, tay?

Catholicism is Christian Motar

Blackleaf
As a Protestant I'm glad the idolatrous Catholics have been told to remove the statue of the Virgin Mary.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

The device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I give a sh*t about your god or his lame commands.

Of course it has. It's called a bombsight.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

As a Protestant I'm glad the idolatrous Catholics have been told to remove the statue of the Virgin Mary.

Protestants aren't idolatrous?

Danbones

and the devil cries "take aim!"
run through the jungle - CCR