French town told Virgin Mary statue must go

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A court has given the town of Publier, in eastern France, three months to remove the work.

If it fails to do so, it will be fined €100 (£80; $105) a day.

Mayor Gaston Lacroix said he will try to relocate the marble statue on private land.

The image of the mother of Jesus has been standing on the shores of Lake Geneva since 2011.

It has been the subject of local controversy for some years after it was paid for with municipal funds.

France has long had strict rules ordering the separation of church and state.

In 2010, it became the first country in Europe to prohibit the wearing of face-covering Muslim veils in public spaces.

French town told park's Virgin Mary statue must go - BBC News

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I am annoyed when I go into a store and a Muslim women wearing a Hijab (head scarf) offers to help me.

When they do this, I often tell them, "I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,,, I am not offending you, please don't offend me".

I think all public stores should be religion free!!

Otherwise I'll start wearing my Trump hat into these stores and see how they like it.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
"I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,

You mean in your ugly face, Ugly Zionist.
Enemy of God, you want by the denial of all religions .. only to support your Zionist rancor.

=============================================================================

Anyhow, concerning statues of any sort .. statues are forbidden and should be rejected because they are the idolatry, contradicting the First Commandment: You should not make any engraved statue whether of the sky above or the earth below or the water below.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/index.htm#First_Commandment
quran-ayat(dot)com/universe/index(dot)htm#First_Commandment

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Enemy of God, you want by the denial of all religions .. only to support your Zionist rancor.

Anyhow, concerning statues of any sort .. statues are forbidden and should be rejected because they are the idolatry, contradicting the First Commandment: You should not make any engraved statue whether of the sky above or the earth below or the water below.

The device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I give a sh*t about your god or his lame commands.

Yea and God said unto Abraham; "You will kill your son Isaac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "I'm sorry, is this better? Check check... check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Mary that the world is waiting to see is Mary of Bethany, that is the Fatima one and here appearance is on the day Jesus returns so all in all it shouldn't be much of a deal to Christians who are asked not to do things like that in the first place.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
The Mary that the world is waiting to see is Mary of Bethany, that is the Fatima one and here appearance is on the day Jesus returns so all in all it shouldn't be much of a deal to Christians who are asked not to do things like that in the first place.
Take your pills oddball

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
oddly enough both Muslims and the Christians share a reverence for the virgin mary
its the third party that thinks she was a pig dyke who berthed an eternally poop boiled miscreant

can't have jeebus on the whitehouse lawn neither

...just so you know who's boss

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I am annoyed when I go into a store and a Muslim women wearing a Hijab (head scarf) offers to help me.

When they do this, I often tell them, "I'm offended when someone puts their religion in my face,,, I am not offending you, please don't offend me".

I think all public stores should be religion free!!

Otherwise I'll start wearing my Trump hat into these stores and see how they like it.

Women dressed like the BVM I can accept but when they dress like a KKK woman in mourning my perspective changes.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Do you just post to prove how stupid you are. Terrorist pedophile lover.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
As a Protestant I'm glad the idolatrous Catholics have been told to remove the statue of the Virgin Mary.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The device has yet to be invented that can measure how little I give a sh*t about your god or his lame commands.
Of course it has. It's called a bombsight.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

and the devil cries "take aim!"
run through the jungle - CCR