No Other Way

Motar
In the gospel recorded by the apostle John and in the 3rd chapter, the musts are revealed:
1) "You must be born again" (v7)
2) "the Son of Man must be lifted up" (v14)
3) "He must become greater; I must become less." (v30)

Cliffy
+1
Time has come today

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvuHfB63ln1Ig

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

In the gospel recorded by the apostle John and in the 3rd chapter, the musts are revealed:

The non-negotiables (musts) in the gospel of Jesus Christ are nonetheless custom-packaged for each believer:

"A person can receive only what is given them from heaven." (John 3:27 NIV)

Motar

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17 NIV)

Ludlow
What about those who've never heard the gospel ?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
There is no other way into Mordor than the pass below Minas Morgul.

As for you, Motar, Matthew 25:31-46 pretty much says it all.

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Preach it, TB : )

Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

What about those who've never heard the gospel ?

What about those who have heard the good news, LL?

Ludlow
+1

What about those who have heard the good news, LL?

What good news?

Motar

What good news?

There is an Abort button, LL. Ask the Captain. The Self-Destruct sequence can be interrupted.

Also, there are plans for a new habitat with a new Commander. He's out of this world : )
Last edited by Motar; Oct 14th, 2016 at 08:36 AM..

Curious Cdn

In Matthew 5 to 7, Jesus tells us why we should hate gays and carry a loaded carbine, all of the time.

Tecumsehsbones

Guess I need to, seeing as how none of our alleged Christians, on this board or anyplace else, does.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

In Matthew 5 to 7, Jesus tells us why we should hate gays and carry a loaded carbine, all of the time.

Hey, Jesus was a good ol' boy! Who else'd use his Gawd-given power to turn water into Budweiser?

Party down, boys!

Motar

Guess I need to, seeing as how none of our alleged Christians, on this board or anyplace else, does.

You are standing in the gap, TB. Preach on. Don't forget to live it. Intercede for those in need : )

Ludlow

There is an Abort button, LL. Ask the Captain. The Self-Destruct sequence can be interrupted.

Also, there are plans for a new habitat with a new Commander. He's out of this world : )

Haven't heard any "good news" . Only guilt, fear and punishment. Sounds like bad news to me. You have breaking news Motar?

Motar

Haven't heard any "good news" . Only guilt, fear and punishment. Sounds like bad news to me. You have breaking news Motar?

What bad news, LL?

MHz

Do you think getting the author right would add to the validity of your comments or take away from it? The correct answer is Mary of Bethany is the author of the Gospel of John (the Baptist)

2Jo:1:1:
The elder unto the elect lady and her children,
whom I love in the truth;
and not I only,
but also all they that have known the truth;

taxslave

The non-negotiables (musts) in the gospel of Jesus Christ are nonetheless custom-packaged for each believer:

Too bad it is all a fairy tale. When you die you turn into topsoil.

MHz
For the most part. You missed this part though.

Ec:3:20:
All go unto one place;
all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.

Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

For the most part. You missed this part though.

Ec:3:20:
All go unto one place;
all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.

Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

If you believe in spirits.And the approved god.

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Do you think getting the author right would add to the validity of your comments or take away from it?

The Author of Scripture advises that quarrels about Bible scribes are unprofitable and divisive, MHz.

Ludlow

What bad news, LL?

War, poverty, indifference , corruption in politics and religion, rampant crime in the streets , catastrophic diseases , children and elderly suffering,,,you want more? Where is this good news? Religion as I said presents guilt, fear and possible punishment for not walking the straight and narrow. What's good about that?

In the fifteenth century your "good news' to the locals of the Iberian Peninsula was anything but good. It was just the opposite.

Motar

War, poverty, indifference , corruption in politics and religion, rampant crime in the streets , catastrophic diseases , children and elderly suffering,,,you want more? Where is this good news? Religion as I said presents guilt, fear and possible punishment for not walking the straight and narrow. What's good about that?

Agree with you concerning the bad news, LL. Immorality is persistent and pervasive in the human family. Also agree that religion is not the remedy. Religious doctrine and practice originate with immoral humans. This is not good or promising news.

Ludlow

Agree with you concerning the bad news, LL. Immorality is persistent and pervasive in the human family. Also agree that religion is not the remedy. Religious doctrine and practice originate with immoral humans. This is not good or promising news.

The "good news " has never been preached by anyone.

Motar
gospel (n.)
Old English godspel "glad tidings announced by Jesus; one of the four gospels," literally "good spell," from god "good" (see good (adj.)) + spel "story, message" (see spell (n.1)). A translation of Latin bona adnuntiatio, itself a translation of Greek euangelion "reward for bringing good news" (see evangel).
Online Etymology Dictionary (external - login to view)

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14 NIV)

The term gospel is used 92 times in the NIV Bible. All references are New Testament.

Ludlow

gospel (n.)
Old English godspel "glad tidings announced by Jesus; one of the four gospels," literally "good spell," from god "good" (see good (adj.)) + spel "story, message" (see spell (n.1)). A translation of Latin bona adnuntiatio, itself a translation of Greek euangelion "reward for bringing good news" (see evangel).
Online Etymology Dictionary (external - login to view)

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14 NIV)

The term gospel is used 92 times in the NIV Bible. All references are New Testament.

Everyone knows what gospel means. What's your point Ma'am?

Cliffy
Submit to a master or burn for eternity. Not my idea of good news. Sounds rather psychotic though.

The Author of Scripture advises that quarrels about Bible scribes are unprofitable and divisive, MHz.

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Submit to a master or burn for eternity. Not my idea of good news.

Agree, Cliffy. Human philosophy such as this is bad news.

"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ." (Colossians 2:8 NIV)

Motar

Everyone knows what gospel means. What's your point Ma'am?

Some of the gospel (good news):

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29 NIV)

"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he has brought justice through to victory." (Matthew 12:20 NIV)

Ludlow
"and I will give you rest"`~

Motar

"and I will give you rest"`~

No other way, LL .....

Ludlow

No other way, LL .....

Then take the rest and stop running your marathon.

no new posts