Quote: Originally Posted by Motar
"That God takes apostasy and false teaching seriously is evidenced by the fact that every New Testament book except Philemon contains warnings about false teaching. Why is this? Simply because ideas have consequences."
What is apostasy and how can I recognize it? (external - login to view)
So, death to apostates? I'm betting there is a bible verse that says just that thing.
Oh, look, here's one.
Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."
euteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die."
2 Chronicles 15:13 "All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman."
I know what you're saying, 'but that's the old testament' the new testament replaces all those old things.'
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-1"
Hey Christianity is the same as Islam.
Hello from the other side...
Quran (4:89) (external - login to view)
- "They wish that you should reject faith as they reject faith, and then you would be equal; therefore take not to yourselves friends of them, until they emigrate in the way of God; then, if they turn their backs, take them, and slay them wherever you find them; take not to yourselves any one of them as friend or helper."
Verse 4:65 (external - login to view)
says that those who have faith are in "full submission"
to Muhammad's teachings. This verse explains what should happen to Muslims who do not have faith.
Sahih Bukhari (52:260) (external - login to view)
- "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
Sahih Bukhari (83:37) (external - login to view)
- "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."
Sahih Bukhari (84:57) (external - login to view)
- [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Sahih Bukhari (89:271) (external - login to view)
- A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."
Sahih Bukhari (84:5
- "There was a fettered man beside Abu Muisa. Mu'adh asked, 'Who is this (man)?' Abu Muisa said, 'He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism.' Then Abu Muisa requested Mu'adh to sit down but Mu'adh said, 'I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and His Apostle (for such cases) and repeated it thrice.' Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, 'Then we discussed the night prayers'"
Sahih Bukhari (84:64-65) (external - login to view)
- "Allah's Apostle: 'During the last days there will appear some young foolish people who will say the best words but their faith will not go beyond their throats (i.e. they will have no faith) and will go out from (leave) their religion as an arrow goes out of the game. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection.'"
This verse from the Hadith is worse than it appears because it isn't speaking solely of apostates, but those who say they believe but don't put their religion into practice.
Other verses that seem to support the many Hadith that establish the death sentence for apostates are Quran verses 2:217 (external - login to view)
, 9:73-74 (external - login to view)
, 88:21 (external - login to view)
, 5:54 (external - login to view)
, 9:66 (external - login to view)
You know there are so many in the Quaran that I could go on all night.
Hope you feel good about your religions.