Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?


French Patriot
#1
Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2 (external - login to view)

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting Godís words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards
DL
 
Ludlow
+1
#2
Same god, diff names.
 
gopher
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
in the Koran and Bible, both boast of creating all evil
 
French Patriot
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Same god, diff names.



Sure. But is that God moral?


Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

in the Koran and Bible, both boast of creating all evil



Yes but both religions have their Gods punishing us for evil.


That is hardly God stepping up to his creative responsibilities.


Then again, Yahweh is known for punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.


Regards
DL
 
Ludlow
-1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

Sure. But is that God moral?


Regards
DL





Yes but both religions have their Gods punishing us for evil.


That is hardly God stepping up to his creative responsibilities.


Then again, Yahweh is known for punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.


Regards
DL

Read the old Testament and decide for yourself.
 
French Patriot
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Read the old Testament and decide for yourself.



I have my answer but if you want to keep yours a moral views a secret, then you should have stayed away from a thread that speak of them.


Regards
DL
 
Ludlow
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

I have my answer but if you want to keep yours a moral views a secret, then you should have stayed away from a thread that speak of them.


Regards
DL

You ask stupid questions. Questions that the answers should remain a personal choice and a private matter. I called you on it. 'You're a baiter. Nothing more.

Type of instigator who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.
Last edited by Ludlow; May 4th, 2016 at 08:38 AM..Reason: sp
 
French Patriot
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

You ask stupid questions. Questions that the answers should remain a personal choice and a private matter. I called you on it. 'You're a baiter. Nothing more.

Type of instigator who speaks out of both sides of his mouth.


If I ask stupid questions, shame on you for giving non-answers to them. You are the idiot here and not I.


Regards
DL
 
Ludlow
#9
No, you are.
 
taxslave
+1
#10
Not even gods. Just some mythological beings that evil people use to control the uneducated and gullible.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#11
Of course they're not moral. No god is. Man created them as well as the laws and rules we attribute to them.


However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?
Islam teaches that lying to advance the religion in non-Muslim cultures is perfectly acceptable. In fact, lying to non-Muslims about anything is acceptable.
The Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill", and yet how many people did God kill directly, or even indirectly through the Israelites. Hell, he kills people just because he's pissed off at them. Yeah, there's a good role model to try and pass off as a kind, loving god; a mass murderer who's quick to anger and with no impulse control.
I mean the guy gets pissed off at one city and decides to basically firebomb it, taking out like 6 other cities while also wreaking havoc on the people who still lived in the surrounding countryside. Yeah, there's a real morality lesson.
 
French Patriot
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Not even gods. Just some mythological beings that evil people use to control the uneducated and gullible.



Points for accuracy.


Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Of course they're not moral. No god is. Man created them as well as the laws and rules we attribute to them.


However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?
Islam teaches that lying to advance the religion in non-Muslim cultures is perfectly acceptable. In fact, lying to non-Muslims about anything is acceptable.
The Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill", and yet how many people did God kill directly, or even indirectly through the Israelites. Hell, he kills people just because he's pissed off at them. Yeah, there's a good role model to try and pass off as a kind, loving god; a mass murderer who's quick to anger and with no impulse control.
I mean the guy gets pissed off at one city and decides to basically firebomb it, taking out like 6 other cities while also wreaking havoc on the people who still lived in the surrounding countryside. Yeah, there's a real morality lesson.



You left me with nothing to argue.


I will dispute this lightly though.


"However, since there's no real universal definition of what constitutes moral behavior, how do we decide what's moral and what isn't?"


This link seems to think we are close to knowing what a universal morality looks like and about 70 % can name their 5 top moral tenets.


That is not 100% of course but if we were to sit with most people to get past language and terms, I think we would be in the high 90's in agreement.


www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_ha...nd?language=en (external - login to view)


The only people that I have questioned on this that do not agree are the religious and they indicate that the moral is ok but that their God is allowed to do the immoral because he is the only one who knows the whole future.


That od course is a cop out on their part. That old fear of God thing always has the religious cowards developing an immoral double moral standard where they can forgive and love God for doing what they rightly condemn men for.


I see that as one of the greater evils or religions.


Regards
DL
Last edited by French Patriot; May 5th, 2016 at 01:47 PM..
 
EagleSmack
+1
#13
Hey.....



SCREW!
 
eh1eh
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2 (external - login to view)

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting Godís words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards
DL



Neither exist so your point is moot.

 
French Patriot
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Neither exist so your point is moot.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]



So you think it a moot point to try to show Christians and Muslims that they follow immoral creeds.


Ok.


You show their same immoral position of not following the Golden Rule.


You would not want to follow a poor moral course yet do not seem to care if others do. Nor do you seem to care about the victims that those immoral creeds create.


You must be quite religious. You have their self-serving attitude of not following the Golden Rule and having compassion both for the misguided religious or their victims.


Regards
DL
 
Jinentonix
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Neither exist so your point is moot.

The problem is, they do exist on an existential level. Hence my initial response to this thread. It's similar to the phenomenon where if you tell yourself the same lie often enough you start to believe it's true. God's exist because humans have convinced themselves that gods exist. We've given them human personality traits like jealousy and anger. We even change their skin colour to suit our personal preferences, ie; Christ is now White despite the fact he was an ethnic Jew, assuming he existed at all.
And despite the 1700 years of Christianity preceding its founding, America is somehow "God's country". In fact he cares SO much about what happens in America, he keeps telling people to run for President.
 
selfsame
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

The Creator is the same One, and His names are many: among His names are Yahweh, God and Allah, in addition to:
Most Gracious, Most High, Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Forgiving, Almighty, and the rest of His beautiful names and attributes.

Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

If I ask stupid questions, shame on you for giving non-answers to them. You are the idiot here and not I.


Regards
DL

Truly, looking to your avatar, it is so obvious that you have no brain.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Hey.....

blue-wildebeestjpg[/IMG]

SCREW!

A worshiper of bull: Satan worshiper.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Not even gods. Just some mythological beings that evil people use to control the uneducated and gullible.

Of course such are the assertions of atheists, which they repeat like the parrot, from the books of blind atheists: the drunkard.
 
Ludlow
+2
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

The Creator is the same One, and His names are many: among His names are Yahweh, God and Allah, in addition to:
Most Gracious, Most High, Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Forgiving, Almighty, and the rest of His beautiful names and attributes.



Truly, looking to your avatar, it is so obvious that you have no brain.



A worshiper of bull: Satan worshiper.



Of course such are the assertions of atheists, which they repeat like the parrot, from the books of blind atheists: the drunkard.

You know NOTHINK Selfslime.
 
B00Mer
+2
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

You know NOTHINK Selfslime.

You tell'em Ludlow.. kick his butt.. Fight!! Fight!! Fight!!
 
Ludlow
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

The problem is, they do exist on an existential level. Hence my initial response to this thread. It's similar to the phenomenon where if you tell yourself the same lie often enough you start to believe it's true. God's exist because humans have convinced themselves that gods exist. We've given them human personality traits like jealousy and anger. We even change their skin colour to suit our personal preferences, ie; Christ is now White despite the fact he was an ethnic Jew, assuming he existed at all.
And despite the 1700 years of Christianity preceding its founding, America is somehow "God's country". In fact he cares SO much about what happens in America, he keeps telling people to run for President.

Got it all figured out eh? Glad someone does.
 
B00Mer
#21
Check this out.. a bunch of Muzzies wanted Morning Prayer in Sask banned because it is a Christian-based prayer. LOL

Group wants opening prayer at Sask. Legislature dropped
 
EagleSmack
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post



A worshiper of bull: Satan worshiper.


You FOOL... it is a Wildebeest.




Did they teach you anything but hatred at the madrasa?
 
French Patriot
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Check this out.. a bunch of Muzzies wanted Morning Prayer in Sask banned because it is a Christian-based prayer. LOL

Group wants opening prayer at Sask. Legislature dropped


I also believe in separation of church and state.


Why are our politicians praying to a genocidal son murdering God?


Perhaps we should created prayers to Hitler, Stalin and other mass murderers.


At least Hitler, Stalin and other mass murderers where not as mean as the animal killing Yahweh.


Oh well. So much for Canada being ahead of the U.S. in intelligence.


Regards
DL

Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post

The Creator is the same One, and His names are many: among His names are Yahweh, God and Allah, in addition to:
Most Gracious, Most High, Most Merciful, All-Knowing, All-Forgiving, Almighty, and the rest of His beautiful names and attributes.


What does your God call himself?


What name was not given to him by men?


Regards
DL
 
Jinentonix
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Got it all figured out eh? Glad someone does.

Yeah, actually I do. And I'm far from the only one.

Quote: Originally Posted by selfsameView Post


Of course such are the assertions of atheists, which they repeat like the parrot, from the books of blind atheists: the drunkard.

Atheists are the blind ones? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You religious twits are so blinded by your dogma you wouldn't recognize truth if it a$$ raped you.
 
Ludlow
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Yeah, actually I do. And I'm far from the only one.

Atheists are the blind ones? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You religious twits are so blinded by your dogma you wouldn't recognize truth if it a$$ raped you.

Ye a fookin genius no question aboot it.
 
eh1eh
#26
I don't have anything 'all figured out'. I just have the intestinal fortitude to accept that fact. I don't run like a cowering baby to the arms of religion. Free your mind and accept that we just don't know. When you have done that you will be able to search for the truth.
 
Ludlow
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I don't have anything 'all figured out'. I just have the intestinal fortitude to accept that fact. I don't run like a cowering baby to the arms of religion. Free your mind and accept that we just don't know. When you have done that you will be able to search for the truth.

Amen. Praise the Lawd!
 
eh1eh
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by LudlowView Post

Amen. Praise the Lawd!

Or Sponge Bob. Same thing.
 
Motar
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by French PatriotView Post

Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

There is a categorical error in your question, DL. By definition, morality and ethicality pertain to humans and human relationships and interactions. By nature, God is excluded.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by MotarView Post

There is a categorical error in your question, DL. By definition, morality and ethicality pertain to humans and human relationships and interactions. By nature, God is excluded.

How convenient. God gets a free pass to be an a$$hole (and he has been according to various religious texts) while the rest of us have to explain ourselves to him.
That would be not unlike standing before a cocaine snorting, hooker humping judge to defend your own use of cocaine and hookers.
 

Similar Threads

18
Some old sun gods
by darkbeaver | May 1st, 2015
245
How many Gods do you believe in?
by mrgrumpy | Mar 26th, 2010
19
Are comets gods?
by L Gilbert | Jun 27th, 2008
30
Ethical dilemma
by CDNBear | Apr 8th, 2007
0
Your Favourite Gods..And why?
by missile | Mar 30th, 2006
no new posts