Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of children by religions? Is it chi

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of children by religions? Is it child abuse?

Islam begins their indoctrination and brainwashing of their children by early memorizing of the Qur’an, even before their children know the meaning of what they are reading. Recently, in the U.K., some Muslim schools have been closed for preaching anti-Semitism.

Christianity also indoctrinates and brainwashes their children from a young age into their belief systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-I9Qp3d4Y&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqesLu8fu8

I see all of this indoctrination and proselytizing to children as going against the free will choice of children, when they are older, to choose religion or not, as well as their choice of a religion for it’s moral and ethical views as compared to their indoctrinated and possibly brainwashed choice based on what the father and mother believe in.

Be they political or religious views, parents do have some right to try to have their children follow in their footsteps. I do wonder though if indoctrination and or brainwashing of our children should be allowed to the degree that we allow it.

This thread was born of my viewing the first link and listening to a woman complain about non-Muslims praying in a mosque. Perhaps a valid point since that action was not stated in the agenda. I admit to not knowing if she was Christian or not but her, --- oh my God, --- exclamation made me wonder what Christians thought of this issue of indoctrination and or brainwashing of children since they do it to their own.

Some apologists, like Christopher Hitchens, have termed such teachings as abuse of children.

Which religion, Islam or Christianity, is hurting their children the most?
And.
Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of all children by religions?

Regards
DL

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of children by religions? Is it child abuse?

Islam begins their indoctrination and brainwashing of their children by early memorizing of the Qur’an, even before their children know the meaning of what they are reading. Recently, in the U.K., some Muslim schools have been closed for preaching anti-Semitism.

Christianity also indoctrinates and brainwashes their children from a young age into their belief systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-I9Qp3d4Y&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTqesLu8fu8

I see all of this indoctrination and proselytizing to children as going against the free will choice of children, when they are older, to choose religion or not, as well as their choice of a religion for it’s moral and ethical views as compared to their indoctrinated and possibly brainwashed choice based on what the father and mother believe in.

Be they political or religious views, parents do have some right to try to have their children follow in their footsteps. I do wonder though if indoctrination and or brainwashing of our children should be allowed to the degree that we allow it.

This thread was born of my viewing the first link and listening to a woman complain about non-Muslims praying in a mosque. Perhaps a valid point since that action was not stated in the agenda. I admit to not knowing if she was Christian or not but her, --- oh my God, --- exclamation made me wonder what Christians thought of this issue of indoctrination and or brainwashing of children since they do it to their own.

Some apologists, like Christopher Hitchens, have termed such teachings as abuse of children.

Which religion, Islam or Christianity, is hurting their children the most?
And.
Should we ban the indoctrination and brainwashing of all children by religions?

Regards
DL
Not in my country. That would be contrary to the constitution.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I say we bam brainless twits who don't know how to back the "s" out of an https

From Wiki:
The Talmud (tractate Bava Bathra 21a) attributes the institution of formal Jewish education to the first century sage Joshua ben Gamla. Prior to this, parents taught their children informally. Ben Gamla instituted schools in every town and made education compulsory from the age of 6 or 7. The Talmud attaches great importance to the "Tinokot shel beth Rabban" (the children [who study] at the Rabbi's house), stating that the world continues to exist for their learning and that even for the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem classes are not to be interrupted (tractate Shabbat 119b).

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Where in the constitution does it say that parents can abuse their children?

Where does it say that child abuse will be ignored?

Regards
DL

Ya know... you wouldn't be too too bad if you weren't so fu cking stupid. Edit your original OP and take the "s" out of the https. Dumb a$$

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Is it child abuse to make kids educated in Vancouver (where they're most likely to run into Chinese) attend Ouebec-speaking school (where their French isn't the "right" French) in response to religious-like fervour over a language that varies from one town to the next?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Is it child abuse to make kids educated in Vancouver (where they're most likely to run into Chinese) attend Ouebec-speaking school (where their French isn't the "right" French) in response to religious-like fervour over a language that varies from one town to the next?

what the fu ck are YOU talking about?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
what the fu ck are YOU talking about?

What the fu ck does it matter to you. You're closer to Vancouver than you are Montreal...

...but since you need something to deny and argue, I have a friend who transferred from Vancouver to Montreal. His kids have to attend school. They're said to be fluent in French - the French learned in school - which isn't the French spoken in Montreal. There's no end to the hassle and BS from other kids because they don't speak the "right" French. His option is a grossly expensive private (English) school.

Another case ... but just as valid: French-language group has a problem with P.K. Subban’s name | Montreal Gazette

Tell me that's not the same as the little-mindedness as found in strict religion

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Would that include anybody who posts more than the reply on a thread like this as being 'religious radicals'?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What the fu ck does it matter to you. You're closer to Vancouver than you are Montreal...

...but since you need something to deny and argue, I have a friend who transferred from Vancouver to Montreal. His kids have to attend school. They're said to be fluent in French - the French learned in school - which isn't the French spoken in Montreal. There's no end to the hassle and BS from other kids because they don't speak the "right" French. His option is a grossly expensive private (English) school.

Another case ... but just as valid: French-language group has a problem with P.K. Subban’s name | Montreal Gazette

Tell me that's not the same as the little-mindedness as found in strict religion

That's the part I didn't catch. Going from Vancouver to Quebec. I, mistakenly, thought you were talking about being forced in Vancouver.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
we've had a dozen threads on the indoctrination of children by religious hate cults but, usually, the bigotry is directed at only one religious ideology while the same shtt is practiced by others without objection:

I agree in principle that children should not be subjected to such harsh indoctrination - but this standard must be applied across the board to all, not just to one grouping.