Prayer

Mikko1979

Jul 23, 2014
Finland in city of Turku
I pray to you god who has created the heaven and the earth, that you give me the strength and understanding to stay in your truth. Do not let any evil to get me lost in the knowledge of your will, but always led me.

And I pray to you that you give also the straight for the other holy ones who seek your ways, and righteousness will.

Through your holy son Jesus Christ I want to thank you always and forever. Amen.

The word of the Spirit: In the Lord Jesus Christ

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why would you think you could make an improvement from the one that is given in Luke? After all that is the one mentioned in De:4:30 by Moses and Daniel used it when talking to God.
Changing it would mean it is totally ignored by God as His prayer is required to 'open the door' to the temple in Re:4 where our prayers are heard via the vapors rising from the altar. When was the last time that prayer (or any other incantations) actually produced tangible results?

Do a side by side test with the question being, 'Which prayer do you prefer?'. I'll bet one produces better results than the other with-in just a few days.

BTW my 'appearance' is a rebuttal to what you are asking for, 'Request Denied' more or less . Where is your God now, mine gave me the above info some years back, you know after I prayed for some help with said book.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Why would you think you could make an improvement from the one that is given in Luke? After all that is the one mentioned in De:4:30 by Moses and Daniel used it when talking to God.
Changing it would mean it is totally ignored by God as His prayer is required to 'open the door' to the temple in Re:4 where our prayers are heard via the vapors rising from the altar. When was the last time that prayer (or any other incantations) actually produced tangible results?

Do a side by side test with the question being, 'Which prayer do you prefer?'. I'll bet one produces better results than the other with-in just a few days.

BTW my 'appearance' is a rebuttal to what you are asking for, 'Request Denied' more or less . Where is your God now, mine gave me the above info some years back, you know after I prayed for some help with said book.

"One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.' He said to them, 'When you pray, say: 'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation." (Luke 11:1-4 NIV)

Mikko1979

Jul 23, 2014
Finland in city of Turku
Greetings to you all,

So called, Father our prayer, is a good prayer, but if you need some understanding, you should pray for it, and also if you need some encouragement, you should pray for it.

The Father our prayer is a good base for every prayer, and we should pray our prayers like a same spirit. In the truth and the Spirit, we should pray always, that is important.

And it is important that if we need something what we know it is according the will of God, then we should pray for it.

Like it is written, who ask, will receive.

Sincerely

Mikko Ainasoja

Yahweh's and the Lord Jesus Christ's servant and a chosen teacher

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I pray to sense and reason for the power to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I pray to sense and reason for the power to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference.
it's early yet to be drinking eh...whacha got in the coffee this morning?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

"But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1Samuel 16:7 NIV)

True to His Word, MHz, God is not moved so much by the form and content of our prayers, but by the posture of the heart that offers them.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I had a friend who was married to an alcoholic. One day he left to go play baseball with his friends and left her at home with two infants. She was so pissed that she prayed he would die. Well he got really drunk and was killed in a car accident. She still feels guilty 25 years later. Prayers, whether you believe in a deity or not, have power. Be careful what you pray (or wish) for.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
True to His Word, MHz, God is not moved so much by the form and content of our prayers, but by the posture of the heart that offers them.
Sorry it took so long to reply. The point I was trying to make is that if the Bible gives us one prayer as the opening to our pleas and confessions does using a modification ruin that simple pathy as well as put the speaker into the realm of 'vain repetitions, simply becaise if the plea is ignored when using the Lord's Prayer then it would certainly be ignored as it doesn't have the proper beginning so it is not a prayer meant for God in the first place. All the big Churches use modifications that make their motion seem quite occultish.

M't:6:5-8:
And when thou prayest,
thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets,
that they may be seen of men.
Verily I say unto you,
They have their reward.
But thou,
when thou prayest,
enter into thy closet,
and when thou hast shut thy door,
pray to thy Father which is in secret;
and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
But when ye pray,
use not vain repetitions,
as the heathen do:
for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Be not ye therefore like unto them:
for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of,
before ye ask him.

This is the bigger reasom I mentioned anything at all. To offer a prayer that doesn't get fulfilled is of what use to anybody? It certainly doesn't help the person and how could the person saying the prayer walk away feeling good when the words did nothing to change anything.

Jas:2:15-17:
If a brother or sister be naked,
and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them,
Depart in peace,
be ye warmed and filled;
notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body;
what doth it profit?
Even so faith,
if it hath not works,
is dead,
being alone.

I wouldn't argue against a prayer being needed before a Gentile is counted as being in the temple in Re:11 as that covers the tribulation mentioned in De:4:30 and that prophecy is for private prayer between you and God. Praying for others might sound very Christian but the best advert would be you praying for yourself and some results happen. At the same time praying for something stupid just means your understanding is less than it could be. Gopfer wants a rich wife, if God made him so poor that a poor woman he knows today would appear to be rich in his eyes. Would he really want God to grant that wish (rather than oit being a prayer)?

If you didn;t know who the last to be given a penny in that parable world God help you if you asked for help? That is something I would think God would help you with. (rather than preventing death or growing a new limb type of prayers) God giving Goper a rich wife would be God giving her a thorn in her side for being rich in the first place, humble would take less than 5 minutes.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
You can't always get what you want ...

Jesus taught, ask and ye shall receive.

Mr Jimmy's name is mentioned at 3:21 --- here he is (or was) in real life:

The late Jimmy Hutmaker from Excelsior in Gopherland was quite a character. One would have thought he was from Brooklyn.

Harikrish

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2014
Even Jesus prayed to a God, but were his prayers answered?

He asked his disciples to be save. But they were all killed.

Jesus wants his disciples to remain in this world and not to be taken away. But that prayer was not answered...they were all eventually killed.

John 17: 15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.

Jesus asked that that the world would believe him, that he was sent by God. But the Jews rejected him and asked that he be crucified. Another prayer of Jesus went unanswered.

John 17: 21 that they may all be one, just as you , Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

And finally before and at the crucifixion.

Signs of a protest by Jesus the night before and at the crucifixion. How revealing is that!!!

Matthew 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

And when the moment happened and he was made the sacrificial lamb he protested even louder.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well I don't pray period, if God is there as it were he knows what I need or want
And if I am going to get those things I have to work toward getting them and no
amount of praying for it will make it happen.
For those who want to pray let them pray, for the rest of us let it be and as Walter
says say your prayers in private. I don't disrespect those who pray I just ignore
the propaganda of prayer that's all