Teen charged with raping elderly nun

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Dave Warner/REUTERS
First posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 07:45 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, December 15, 2013 07:51 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA - A teenager has been arrested on charges of raping an 85-year-old nun in the snow-covered parking lot of a church in the small, industrial town of Aliquippa, northwest of Pittsburgh, police said on Sunday.
Andrew Bullock, 18, is accused of confronting the nun late Friday morning as she was throwing books into a recycling bin, first exposing himself to her, then knocking her to the ground and sexually assaulting her.
The attack took place beneath a statue of the Virgin Mary at the convent at St. Titus Catholic Church, said Don Couch, the western Pennsylvania town's assistant police chief.
Bullock, who Couch described as a "loner," was arrested later the same day and was being held in the Beaver County jail awaiting a court hearing. Couch said he did not know if the defendant was represented by an attorney.
Barbara Hecht, a spokeswoman for the Sisters of St. Joseph, the order to which the nun belonged, said the woman had suffered a dislocated jaw and was released from Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh on Saturday.
"Sister is a passionate advocate of nonviolence, peace and justice, and each month she conducts a prayer vigil for peace in the chapel of our Motherhouse," said a statement from Sister Mary Pellegrino of the order.
"The Sisters of St. Joseph are deeply saddened and heart-broken by the assault of one of our sisters," the statement said.
(Aliquippa Police)

Teen charged with raping elderly nun | World | News | Toronto Sun

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Dave Warner/REUTERS
First posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 07:45 PM EST | Updated: Sunday, December 15, 2013 07:51 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA - A teenager has been arrested on charges of raping an 85-year-old nun in the snow-covered parking lot of a church in the small, industrial town of Aliquippa, northwest of Pittsburgh, police said on Sunday.
Andrew Bullock, 18, is accused of confronting the nun late Friday morning as she was throwing books into a recycling bin, first exposing himself to her, then knocking her to the ground and sexually assaulting her.
The attack took place beneath a statue of the Virgin Mary at the convent at St. Titus Catholic Church, said Don Couch, the western Pennsylvania town's assistant police chief.
Bullock, who Couch described as a "loner," was arrested later the same day and was being held in the Beaver County jail awaiting a court hearing. Couch said he did not know if the defendant was represented by an attorney.
Barbara Hecht, a spokeswoman for the Sisters of St. Joseph, the order to which the nun belonged, said the woman had suffered a dislocated jaw and was released from Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh on Saturday.
"Sister is a passionate advocate of nonviolence, peace and justice, and each month she conducts a prayer vigil for peace in the chapel of our Motherhouse," said a statement from Sister Mary Pellegrino of the order.
"The Sisters of St. Joseph are deeply saddened and heart-broken by the assault of one of our sisters," the statement said.
(Aliquippa Police)

Teen charged with raping elderly nun | World | News | Toronto Sun
A "son" of BHO.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
in the terms of the rules and regulations of nuns, she didn't do anything wrong.
yeah, I know. I agree with you. I know this is not a great example. maria was no longer allowed to be a nun because she wanted to be with captain von trapp.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This little puke has a serious problem and in prison he won't last long.
Even among the worst there is a code is there not for cases like this?
As for the Nun why could she not continue to be a Nun, as is repeated
she didn't do anything wrong. The church is sometimes backward they
are not stupid

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
since she was violated, can she continue to be a nun?

There is not, and never has been, any requirement that Sisters or Nuns be virgins. Lots of widows have become Nuns, and even some married women (who take a vow of celibecy, and their husband agrees to the wife living in a Convent).

Anyone that would rape any 85 year old woman is nothing but a ravening beast. If I had my way, they would totally castrate him, and toss him into prison to be a rape object for the rest of his life. The fact that this woman is a Nun just adds to the depravity of this assault.

Anyone that JOKES about any 85 year old being raped is a VERY sick person!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
When an apparently healthy young man rapes an eighty five year old woman, there is obviously something wrong with his head. Perhaps the older lady didn't pose a threat to him in his twisted mind. Since the boy was black it could have been a racial strike back against whites. There could be all kinds of reasons but there can be no excuse.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When an apparently healthy young man rapes an eighty five year old woman, there is obviously something wrong with his head. Perhaps the older lady didn't pose a threat to him in his twisted mind. Since the boy was black it could have been a racial strike back against whites. There could be all kinds of reasons but there can be no excuse.

Well, maybe she only looked to be 75!

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Why not? There area scads of nuns around who became nuns after they lost their virginity!
I wasn't aware of that.

There is not, and never has been, any requirement that Sisters or Nuns be virgins. Lots of widows have become Nuns, and even some married women (who take a vow of celibecy, and their husband agrees to the wife living in a Convent).

Anyone that would rape any 85 year old woman is nothing but a ravening beast. If I had my way, they would totally castrate him, and toss him into prison to be a rape object for the rest of his life. The fact that this woman is a Nun just adds to the depravity of this assault.

Anyone that JOKES about any 85 year old being raped is a VERY sick person!
I wasn't aware of that either.

since this tragic event and others like it have happened, has it shaken your faith in guardian angels protecting us from danger, evil, etc.?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
since this tragic event and others like it have happened, has it shaken your faith in guardian angels protecting us from danger, evil, etc.?

"since this tragic event and others like it have happened" concerns the atheist's problem of evil argument:

"The problem of evil (or argument from evil) is the problem of reconciling the existence of the evil in the world with the existence of an omniscient (all-knowing), omnipotent (all-powerful) and perfectly good God. The argument from evil is the atheistic argument that the existence of such evil cannot be reconciled with, and so disproves, the existence of such a God." http://www.philosophyofreligion.info/arguments-for-atheism/the-problem-of-evil/

"has it shaken your faith in guardian angels protecting us from danger, evil, etc?" involves the Christian doctrine of Divine Providence:

"However, I take it that the text teaches us that angels have very much to do with God's Providence. For it says, "And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up." http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/3114.htm

Christian faith has never been misplaced in guardian angels, Spam.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
yeah, I know. I agree with you. I know this is not a great example. maria was no longer allowed to be a nun because she wanted to be with captain von trapp.

Marie made a conceous choice. This nun did not make any choice. While I see what you are getting at, I think the church has moved beyond the 13th century so I don't think it applies anymore.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
what an intense act of violence

I found it interesting that there is little to this article other than the framework of what happened. Usually there are all kinds of implied speculations in article. This actually approached journalism, just the facts.