Bible Science

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. Remember Lot’s wife! Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” (Luke 17:30-35)

In order for the event described above to take place simultaneously during the day and at night, it would need to be global in scope and incorporate a "round earth" scientific point of view.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What if two people were in the bed but were grinding grain and were of opposite genders?
...and one was taken before climax. That would be seriously cruel. The rapture would be ruptured.

But then I always thought the biblical god was a psychopath.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
How did a first century Jewish carpenter (Jesus) and Gentile physician (Luke) arrive at this round earth worldview embraced by the scientific community today?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
How did a first century Jewish carpenter (Jesus) and Gentile physician (Luke) arrive at this round earth worldview embraced by the scientific community today?
Looks like you've concluded that your assumption is correct.
Ask them. Or perhaps ask Noah for in-depth details on how he averted total extinction of all 2+ million species on the planet with such a tiny boat. Bible thumpers avert the scientific questions about the tale of Noah by saying stuff like, "Well, it was just a flood in that area and not really the whole planet".
Anyway, Aristarchus came up with the idea that the world was round in about 300 BCE.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am still trying to get over the shock of the words Bible and Science in the
same sentence. I think people read too much into the great book, and they
are ruled by events of more than two centuries ago.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Great discussion, Gentlemen. It is a distinct pleasure to hear your thoughts.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17 NIV)