CBC Guilty of Casting Aspersions

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
I turned on the TV today to see if what I heard about the Pope resigning was true.

The resistance too much for the editors of CBC, a live picture of the Pope in the background was overlain by front page images of headlines about pedophilia in the Church, while some commentary was being made about the problems in the Church.

This is poor journalism, pedophilia is not news, nor was it appropriate mentioning it at this time.

If there is a prime example of how scandal and presumption get's started, this is it.

Is nothing sacred today? .

Please voice or e-mail a protest to protest this disgusting injustice.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I turned on the TV today to see if what I heard about the Pope resigning was true.

The resistance too much for the editors of CBC, a live picture of the Pope in the background was overlain by front page images of headlines about pedophilia in the Church, while some commentary was being made about the problems in the Church.

This is poor journalism, pedophilia is not news, nor was it appropriate mentioning it at this time.

If there is a prime example of how scandal and presumption get's started, this is it.

Is nothing sacred today? .

Please voice or e-mail a protest to protest this disgusting injustice.

Well, it looks like we have a third Pope thread here now. I heard something similar on the radio news, but it was in conjunction with the highlights (lowlights) of his tenure, not an actual news piece on "pedophilia per se. As the whole world is already aware of that, I don't think you have to worry about it "starting" anything. (Or perhaps you are just starting the sky to fall. -:) )

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It was in poor taste to juxtapose it...no question, however I don't know about casting aspersions.

The truth is the truth, move it a hundred times and it's still the truth.

And welcome to Canadian Content.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It was in poor taste to juxtapose it...no question, however I don't know about casting aspersions.

The truth is the truth, move it a hundred times and it's still the truth.

Mother Theressa was an interesting representative of the RCC.... How come that truth isn't recorded?

It's kinda like super-imposing images of the Nazis every time that a news item about Germany makes the tube

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
Well, it looks like we have a third Pope thread here now. I heard something similar on the radio news, but it was in conjunction with the highlights (lowlights) of his tenure, not an actual news piece on "pedophilia per se. As the whole world is already aware of that, I don't think you have to worry about it "starting" anything. (Or perhaps you are just starting the sky to fall. -:) )
The wording was an extraction from another subject, which subject matter this isn't. Nope, definitely in poor taste.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The wording was an extraction from another subject, which subject matter this isn't. Nope, definitely in poor taste.

It might be taken another way, giving the Pope credit for the adversity endured during his tenure.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Mother Theressa was an interesting representative of the RCC.... How come that truth isn't recorded?

It's kinda like super-imposing images of the Nazis every time that a news item about Germany makes the tube
Which truth about her where you referring to as there are a multitude.

For me, the church hasn't changed how it handles things in 2000 years. At one time, the priests were in the minority from an education vantage. They were the only readers and scribes; the only philosophers to ruminate on what constitutes good. What is the soul? Etc. They led a flock of illiterate people who worked the fields by day and had little time for reflection or anything else other than hard labour. So the church led with much pomp and circumstance, it's word was law and it was good in many ways.

Now the church has to move forward, join this century.

It might be taken another way, giving the Pope credit for the adversity endured during his tenure.
I don't think so... reality is, due to the way these issues were handled the church is bleeding out at the seams.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Which truth about her where you referring to as there are a multitude.

Whatever reality you like, the choice is yours... But it still begs the question; would the CBC engage in such practices that reek of poor taste and sensationalism?

What am I saying - of course they would

At one time, the priests were in the minority from an education vantage.

... And?

They were the only readers and scribes;

This is the Church's fault? What about the scholars, royalty and leadership? Did they not bear the same burdens and responsibilities as the RCC? How come they're exempt from this?

the only philosophers to ruminate on what constitutes good. What is the soul?

Society would have been better-off if those with the education and ability to read actively ignored the peasants and left them to their devices?

They led a flock of illiterate people who worked the fields by day and had little time for reflection or anything else other than hard labour.

Certainly you're not assessing blame to the Church for the realities of life at that time

So the church led with much pomp and circumstance, it's word was law and it was good in many ways.

Much like the CBC...

Now the church has to move forward, join this century.

Exactly what do you know about the Church?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think so... reality is, due to the way these issues were handled the church is bleeding out at the seams.

Yep, but I think the Pope probably did his best to handle this deplorable situation as well as he could, by acknowledging it and not denying it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Whatever reality you like, the choice is yours... But it still begs the question; would the CBC engage in such practices that reek of poor taste and sensationalism?

What am I saying - of course they would
I disagree. She is sacrosanct.

I don't know what you are asking here?

This is the Church's fault? What about the scholars, royalty and leadership? Did they not bear the same burdens and responsibilities as the RCC? How come they're exempt from this?
Exempt from what? There's church and state. I think you have completely misread what I posted.
Society would have been better-off if those with the education and ability to read actively ignored the peasants and left them to their devices?
No. I don't know where you are coming from.

Certainly you're not assessing blame to the Church for the realities of life at that time
No but for some reason you seem to think I am. 8O

Exactly what do you know about the Church?
That would depend upon the type of questions you have. Ask away, I will do my best to answer.

Yep, but I think the Pope probably did his best to handle this deplorable situation as well as he could, by acknowledging it and not denying it.
That is questionable.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Try as he might, Benny failed to bring the church back to the glory days of the Inquisition. The church needs to move into the 21st century if it is to retain any sense of relevance. They are spending millions on advertising calling ex-Catholics back to the fold. Seems many have jumped ship. I wonder why?

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Speaking of Nazis,they didn'T bring up the fact he as in the Hitler Jugend,that should count for something,wha ?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Try as he might, Benny failed to bring the church back to the glory days of the Inquisition. The church needs to move into the 21st century if it is to retain any sense of relevance. They are spending millions on advertising calling ex-Catholics back to the fold. Seems many have jumped ship. I wonder why?
The RC church is growing, dolt.