bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Very welcome news! You don't have to say "screw it" because of the scoffers Gerry. I think it's interesting.

What do you think of the interpretation that all believers in Christ are saints? I realize that's not a fundamental Catholic teaching, but I am interested in your opinion. Are you and I saints?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Very welcome news! You don't have to say "screw it" because of the scoffers Gerry. I think it's interesting.

What do you think of the interpretation that all believers in Christ are saints? I realize that's not a fundamental Catholic teaching, but I am interested in your opinion. Are you and I saints?
Gerry a saint? lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The former pope made a pit stop in Yellowknife a while back to talk to the aboriginal people there. Two friends were in attendance. They said he apologized for the church presuming to bring god to the aboriginal people, since they already had a firm sense of the divine. I wonder why that didn't make the news?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If Catholicism and saints are your thing, this is cool.

Considering it was posted in the Christian Discussion forum, you'd have to be a brain dead maggot to come in here to complain about the thread or the thread content.

The former pope made a pit stop in Yellowknife a while back to talk to the aboriginal people there. Two friends were in attendance. They said he apologized for the church presuming to bring god to the aboriginal people, since they already had a firm sense of the divine. I wonder why that didn't make the news?

and what is your point cliffy? You finding another unholy conspiracy in this too?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I have a question for any Catholics in the house. Is the miracle attributed to Saint Kateri considered by Catholics to be a miracle from God THROUGH Saint Kateri, or did the miracle come from Saint Kateri herself?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Its a good move and a smart one by the church. It shows that as far as organized religions go, the Catholic church for all its faults is ahead of the curve. They are adapting and becoming more flexible...

too many dicks on this board.
Could it be the might gerryh is but a man??? :lol:...

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Its a good move and a smart one by the church. It shows that as far as organized religons go, the Catholic church for all its faults is ahead of the curve. They are adapting and becoming more flexiable...

Not sure what an organized "religons" is or "flexiable", but the Catholic Church is always looking at canonizations.

Could it be the might gerryh is but a man??? :lol:...

never said I was otherwise.

I'd also like to point out that this thread is over 9 months old.