How shall I put this? If you snooze you lose, so sayith God

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What does that men in terms of a persons salvation? (the place God puts you once you even think of His name)

JMHO you can be 1st in line or 2nd in line, each position has it's pluses and it minuses. (the desired topic) For this exercise a 'positive outlook' (God ends up liking you) is more helpful than harmful. (meaning you don't have to be a believer before God believes in your personal salvation, for the better)

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
This seems a good place for this:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Depends on who in the trinity your referring to. Jehovah is God the Father, Jesus or Yahweh is his only unique son, and the Holy Spirit's name is ... well that's a secret... you got to join the winning team to find that out. ;)
Good thing He does the picking or a lot of people would be left in the trench.

Proverb.30:4
Who hath ascended up into heaven,
or descended?
who hath gathered the wind in his fists?
who hath bound the waters in a garment?
who hath established all the ends of the earth?
what is his name,
and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

How bad will it get for the 'losers', well ........

Isa.65:21
And they shall build houses,
and inhabit them;
and they shall plant vineyards,
and eat the fruit of them.
Isa.65:22
They shall not build,
and another inhabit;
they shall not plant,
and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people,
and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isa.65:23
They shall not labour in vain,
nor bring forth for trouble;
for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD,
and their offspring with them.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Depends on who in the trinity your referring to. Jehovah is God the Father, Jesus or Yahweh is his only unique son, and the Holy Spirit's name is ... well that's a secret... you got to join the winning team to find that out. ;)

Wait, if I remember my Indiana Jones Movies, doesn't Jehovah begin with an "I"?

Hmmm..... looks like we lost alleywayzalwayz.... SEND IN THE GIRL!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Damn, I was hoping from Rumpelstiltskin.

That's interesting that all you have to do is think his name and bam! instant salvation. I've never heard a Christian suggest that before. Though there is one Buddhist sect that believes all you need to do is call on a particular Buddha ten times and you'll get into Buddha heaven. When I first heard that from a Buddhist priest I thought it was the stupidest religion I'd ever heard of.

So how did God get his name? Obviously he didn't have parents. Did he name himself?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
That's interesting that all you have to do is think his name and bam! instant salvation. I've never heard a Christian suggest that before.

Yeah, that's not accurate. I don't know where he got that from.

So how did God get his name? Obviously he didn't have parents. Did he name himself?

He never "got" his name. He always existed so naturally so did his name.

Wait, if I remember my Indiana Jones Movies, doesn't Jehovah begin with an "I"?

Hmmm..... looks like we lost alleywayzalwayz.... SEND IN THE GIRL!

LOL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's interesting that all you have to do is think his name and bam! instant salvation. I've never heard a Christian suggest that before.
Actually He is aware of your existence long before that happens. Being in the last group is not something you should try for but they will be the largest group by far. There is a reason they are called children of the desolate.

Obviously he didn't have parents.
And you know this how?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Do you see any reason why a God who alwayz existed wouldn't also have have a name the entire time?

Yes, by the very nature of names and naming there is nothing to suggest to us that names are linked to existence. Something doesn't have a name because it exists. Things have names because sentient beings give them names.