Greenpeace goes after

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Supermarkets contribute to failing fisheries

North American supermarkets can be blamed for contributing to the looming global fisheries collapse, according to a report authored by Greenpeace.
Canada's big three grocery chains -- Loblaws, Metro and Sobeys -- all fare poorly in the report for purchasing fish species that help sustain a fragile marine ecosystem.
"As key players in the seafood supply chain, retailers have an important role to play in ensuring their customers only have one seafood choice: fair and sustainable products," says the report.

In a Canadian version of the report released Tuesday, titled "Out of Stock: Supermarkets and the Future of Seafood," Greenpeace says Sobeys is the worst offender, selling 16 out of 17 fish that are on the group's endangered "Redlist".
Loblaw sells 15 of the species while Metro sells 14 of them.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...ket_greenpeace
-----------------------------------------
I agree wholeheartedly with Greenpeace's suggestion - sell only one sustainable product!! But wait!!!.... soon that product will no longer be sustainable!! Other measures will have to be invented to give the fish a chance to recover. My ideas would be too radical... better not even suggest them!:p

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
What the hell do these idiots think people should eat? Next thing will be they won't want people breathing air incase we deplete that too.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I brought up the mistreatment of vegetables last month or last year and nobody gives a damn about the pain and anguish veggies go through, they're boiled mashed peeled picked diced and pureed while they are alive, those of us in tune with our green friends can hear the screaming day and night and still the carnage continues with nary a peep from the general stunned public, it's a true measure of the uncaring anthropocentics.:canada: