Ignatieff poised to lose seat

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
According to the CBC, the Conservative running in Ignatieff's riding is set to take his seat. Interesting turn of events and an exciting election, even here overseas!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
what's even more interesting is the fact that Dion has won his seat.

YaYiP

Feb 24, 2011
Hamilton
Ignatieff is the main problem with the Liberals
People, myself included, just do not trust him
He has a very unCanadian feel to him, even before the attack ads (which just made me resent the Cons more)
Hope he does lose

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ignatieff is the main problem with the Liberals
People, myself included, just do not trust him
He has a very unCanadian feel to him, even before the attack ads (which just made me resent the Cons more)
Hope he does lose

Up until the Leader's Debate, I was simply cold on Iggy - didn't share his politics so didn't really care much. During the debate, when I saw the look on Ig's face as he snarled his 'you'll never be Prime Minister' comment at Jack - I saw a really scary side of Ig and am not sorry to know that he will be leaving the political scene.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Up until the Leader's Debate, I was simply cold on Iggy - didn't share his politics so didn't really care much. During the debate, when I saw the look on Ig's face as he snarled his 'you'll never be Prime Minister' comment at Jack - I saw a really scary side of Ig and am not sorry to know that he will be leaving the political scene.
Listening to him now, I'm hearing a MacArthur "Old Soldiers" speech....

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Iggy say's he'll stay on as leader of the Liberal Party? How does that work? Does
he just stand out in the hall as paige-boys run him the minutes of Parliment?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I was just wondering if anyone knew of another election where two of the party leaders failed to win their own seats - and I refer to the main parties here?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Iggy did worse than Dion is that possible? Yup, the man who destroyed the party for a long time
This is a disaster of epic proportions., all the big guns save on or two are gone and Iggy himself
is on the sidelines. It should be evident to the Liberal Party, they are for all intent and purposes
the voices of the past.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The Liberals are in the doghouse that they should have been in after Adscam. (As the old PC party was sent to the doghouse after Mulroney) The reason they weren't rendered so ineffective at the time is that the alternative presented then was essentially an unknown quantity.

Canadian voters may be largely apathetic, but we're not stupid.

JMHO.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Things aren't that bad for the liberals. The Tories came back from just two seats in the house. The liberals have 34 seats so they still have party status. Maybe after four or five years of Conservative majority, the country will be glad to have the liberals back. Who knows?:roll: