An idea for a new political party.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
With the internet, we have many new examples of massive groups of people, all working towards a common interest. Some examples worth noting is: the Open Source community, and Wikipedia

Why not apply this to a new political party?

Here's my idea:

A new party is formed,

All party members are given an online account giving them their single vote powers - not just on who their party leader is - on every decision that affects the party platform.

A possible criticism? Some people might warn us against this approach because the democratic will of a people can sometimes violate a just and fair constitution. Well, I say it doesn't have to be that way. Canada already has a charter of rights,and there's nothing stopping a political party from having a similar mechanism to moderate the will of their members.

The possible benefit?
We would finally have a party that represents it's members.

Isn't that what Democracy is all about :icon_smile:

Fallout

Mar 20, 2011
Like Vote Swapping...
...It's an ok idea until The Conservative Party Of Canada, or some other special interest group troll trains the crap out of it, *or worse.
*or worse = See Sony

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Just takes one hacker and we would have a chicken on our five dollar bill....I'll pass on the idea Ray.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Choda refers to a much smaller more specific area than the one she is grinding for your viewing pleasure.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I'm Ray, Avro's retarded brother so I'm not capable of telling a lie.

Avro is 5'2" 300lb woman. My friend said that he had sex with her and it was like basting a turkey.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Anyways, my idea goes back to the basics of politics.

We've all heard that a "true Democracy" is consider to be a no good for nothing "Mob rules!" because what the majority wants, the majority gets. a mob rules society would really suck wrt human rights, freedoms, expecially for the groups that are persecuted on a regular basis. Thank goodness! that we don't have a true democracy. The Canadian society has a charter of rights, laws and acts, and parlimentary proceedure.....all of which prevents or moderates our ability to drift towards a mob rules democracy.

Well, with that out of the way, I think our 'leadership through representation' system leaves us all with some to be desired, so the idea of having a party that micromanages their party platform would be a way to change the we seem to allow ourselves to be led by leaders that never follow through with their promises. Am I making any sense?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Anyways, my idea goes back to the basics of politics.

We've all heard that a "true Democracy" is consider to be a no good for nothing "Mob rules!" because what the majority wants, the majority gets. a mob rules society would really suck wrt human rights, freedoms, expecially for the groups that are persecuted on a regular basis. Thank goodness! that we don't have a true democracy. The Canadian society has a charter of rights, laws and acts, and parlimentary proceedure.....all of which prevents or moderates our ability to drift towards a mob rules democracy.

Well, with that out of the way, I think our 'leadership through representation' system leaves us all with some to be desired, so the idea of having a party that micromanages their party platform would be a way to change the we seem to allow ourselves to be led by leaders that never follow through with their promises. Am I making any sense?

Nope.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
We've all heard that a "true Democracy" is consider to be a no good for nothing "Mob rules!" because what the majority wants, the majority gets.

Hmm... "mob rule" versus dictatorship by a minority who seize power by virtue of a flaw in the electoral process and then proceed to build ten billion worth of new jails in order to lock up the elevated crime which they must know will happen after they cut social programs.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I can understand why a lefty would not like this idea. The concept of democracy contradicts their belief that the government knows better than the average voter. It must be sad to have so little faith in your neighbors.