It is correct for someone ignorant to do politics ?

Mathiew

Apr 23, 2011
Montreal
Ignorant as : God exist ?

Because in my book, the answer is no.

Sorry if I am not in the good forum for this thread, I thought it could fit.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I wouldn't call belief in God ignorant as there is no knowledge one is capable of obtaining that would disprove the existence of God. And of course, ignorance on matters trivial to the running of a state shouldn't disqualify one from participating in politics.

I think that will be the calmest answer to that question you'll get. You just insulted theists in your OP and the theists on this forum are the biggest cry babies I've ever seen of any forum. Their persecution complexes are tingling right now.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You just insulted theists in your OP and the theists on this forum are the biggest cry babies I've ever seen of any forum. Their persecution complexes are tingling right now.
An excellent example of trolling.

Why does religion cause you to deviant from a rather classy, calm, cool, and calculated style?

I mentioned that I thought you exhibited a trait, in PM, that you said you never were. From a differing perspective, one could see this deviation, as an excellent example of that trait.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Rather an odd position for someone who claims to be conservative, don't you think?

Our society values tolerance of others' beliefs.
Whether you believe in a god or not should not qualify or disqualify you from politics.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I never knew having a religious or spiritual belief had anything to do with your political stance.
It's the concept that belief in God also means you are ****ed in the head and therefore incapable of any 'rational thought'. Should the antichrists crack open that 'usless and misleading book' they would see that our banking industry would be better off tor the users if Christians were running it. Thefts would be zero as money is not on the list of desires for a Christian and usury would be just enough to cover operation expenses (moderate take-home pay). Nor is it ever going to be that any group in Politics is going to clean things up from it's current state.
This point isn't going to occur to anybody here but your might want to consider keeping out false Christians rather than worry about the ones who wouldn't be all that interested in it in the first place. First quality of a good politician is to be able to tell a lie, sort of hard to blend that in with the 2 rules. The more that is given the more that is expected so the verse below is for everybody engaged in work that would be for the 'servants' of Romans 13

Isa.56:11
Yea,
they are greedy dogs which can never have enough,
and they are shepherds that cannot understand:
they all look to their own way,
every one for his gain,
from his quarter.

I think that will be the calmest answer to that question you'll get. You just insulted theists in your OP and the theists on this forum are the biggest cry babies I've ever seen of any forum. Their persecution complexes are tingling right now.
Is that a prophetic (or pathetic if it doesn't come true) statement or just a personal wish of yours?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just a side note Mhz: there are thousands of Christian sects, each thinking they are the only true Christians while all others are false. Why do you think your brand is any more correct than any other?

Religion and politics are one and the same thing and it would be impossible to separate them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

So who do you think the supreme being in the world is? Who formulated "the plan"? Did man invent himself?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Just a side note Mhz: there are thousands of Christian sects, each thinking they are the only true Christians while all others are false. Why do you think your brand is any more correct than any other?.
Treat this as a billboard.............. taken at face value the sheep and goat separation in Matt 25 boils it down to two types of 'Christians', that pretty much solves the 1,000's of versions. Some probably even belive a lie can be told under almost any circumstance and it still gets them a 'gold star'.

That 'right to lie to them for their own good' doesn't exist, one of the reasons you don't like God is from the OT stories that has Him being very violent towards various people. Would you like Him better if the had 'prettied up the numbers' and lied to you?

Say you were able to trade the false Christians with honest ones, the rest of the corrupt international system is not going to allow that to happen btw, then how do they go about cleaning up the system, the odds are they will be 'assimilated' into being just like the ones they replaced. Recent history saw taht, the tipping point for the ones who had high ideals, the right to that excessive pension if you serve for 4 years. So much for dedication to change.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
well, I admit that I although I am not active with any church, I am also not without some faith.

But, yes, it tends to worry me when a Reverend gets into politics, but No it does not worry me when a politician uses phrases of faith from time to time.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

You can be a good politician, but don't expect to get many votes, lol.

It's like Obamers - he has to lie about two things to get some votes:

1.) Religion
2.) War

To be a "successful" politician, you still need to pander to a lot of sheep.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
An excellent example of trolling.

Why does religion cause you to deviant from a rather classy, calm, cool, and calculated style?

I mentioned that I thought you exhibited a trait, in PM, that you said you never were. From a differing perspective, one could see this deviation, as an excellent example of that trait.

It is true that I have never seen more cowardice from theists in debating religion as I have on this forum. Most posters will just whine that big bad atheists are so mean for challenging their opinions, whereas any other topic is perfectly acceptable to be challenged.

My comment was not meant to cause people to post inflammatory reactions (trolling) but to head off the incoming waaambulance.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Is it implied here, by various posters, that believing in a higher entity disqualifies a person to run for and/or hold a higher elected office?

If that is the case, would there be a Canada today?

Who was the last, or for that matter ANY, atheist Prime Minister of Canada?

P.S. Well, maybe Trudeau. But he was so bloody immoral that it does not matter.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Is it implied here, by various posters, that believing in a higher entity disqualifies a person to run for and/or hold a higher elected office?

If that is the case, would there be a Canada today?

Who was the last, or for that matter ANY, atheist Prime Minister of Canada?

P.S. Well, maybe Trudeau. But he was so bloody immoral that it does not matter.

Just you wait until Trudeau JR. begins his campaign next election.

He'll be banging prostitutes, smoking weed and performing abortions!