If I was Prime Minister......

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
If I was Prime Minister:
  • I'd dismantle the long gun registry
  • I'd raise the minimum sentencing for illegally possessed firearms
  • I'd tax the hell out of all Liberal supporters so they would feel the pride of helping Canadians with taxpayer money.( i love the irony of this one lol)
  • I'd make all managers, mayors, rich dudes, newpaper editors, etc wait in the same crappy line ups that I have to wait in when I am waiting for healthcare services.
  • I'd make all the mayors in the country ride to and from town hall in the back of a pickup truck so we could really believe them when they tell us that there is no problem with the potholes in their city
  • I'd legalize THC, not marijuana, and only in the form of a suppository. We'll call it "Good Sh*t"
  • I'd privatize the CBC so that they can be fiscally responsible, yet still regulated by the CRTC
  • I'd create a new formula for MP pensions that ties their pensions to a performance based index that factors in things like the unemployment rate, taxation rate, strength of the dollar, and quality of life for Canadians.
  • I'd take the RAND formula and I'd formalize it into a process that parliment would need to satisfy BEFORE they pass a new law, rather than our current system where it doesn't get applied unless someone's rights are allegedly violated.
  • Multiple murders would mean multiple sentences running sequentially not concurrently
  • I'll think of more later
Thank you :)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
well, taxing all Liberal supporters would guarantee more support for other party's rather than the Liberals.

It also shows how little regard cranky has for Democracy, and reflects the same on those that would support him.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
well, taxing all Liberal supporters would guarantee more support for other party's rather than the Liberals.

It also shows how little regard cranky has for Democracy, and reflects the same on those that would support him.
The thread was meant to be humourous pumpkin.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Well there's a famous quote:

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money "
— G. Gordon Liddy "

go ahead and challenge me on anything and I'll tell you which items I was serious about. In general, I was serious about them all, except the taxing of liberals. Why wouldn't I tax them? because i hold myself to a higher standard than the hold themselves.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
If I was PM.....huh....good question and a difficult one.

Well, I'd introduce a carbon tax and put the revenues of that into renewables and tax credits for those that reduce their carbon footprint.

I'd eliminate the GST to help off set that.

I'd close all loopholes in the tax system by introducing a laddered flat tax that would make the first $15,000 of income tax free.

I would reform health care to resemble the French system.

I would make post secondary education free for those that qualify excluding the cost of books and residence.

I would set up our military to be a defensive one and would get out of all foreign conflicts and peace missions.

I would fully legalize pot and tax it.

I would stop sending money to poor countries where it mostly benefits the dictators running them.

I would create a national early learning program.

I would implement the Tobin tax to hinder the flow of capital out of Canada.

I would reward corporations for every job they create here.

I would make military boot camps part of the school curriculum.

I would fund abortion but I would also fund abstinence programs and fund programs to help single Moms to care for the children they choose to have.

I would get the mentally ill off the streets and into institutions where they can be helped.

I would create more affordable housing.

I would give aboriginals their land and give them the opportunity of self governance.

I would have a federal environmental watchdog group created to oversee what goes on at the oilsands.

I would push for a reasonable international agreement on carbon emissions reduction.

I would help fund public transit to make in virtually free.

I would invest heavily in infrastructure.

I would protect our water.

I would try and get Cuba to become a province.

.....that's all for now.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Looks like a tax and spend Liberal to me. I especially like the one about rewarding corporations for every job they create here. The only way government can reward anybody is with tax dollars. Instead of taxing companies and them giving their money back, why don't we just leave the money with them to create jobs. It would be better to punish corporations that take money off shore.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Funny or not it shows how little cranky knows about how the world is run. Now I do like the idea
of making civic officials ride around in the back of pickup trucks to experience pot holes nice touch.
I too think the long gun registry is nonsense and while you are at it the boaters certificate for those
small little fishing boats on mountain lakes, its a tax grab, and no I don't go fishing.
We do not need to raise the penalties for weapons offences what we need is judges who will
actually enforce the laws we already have. Adding new laws means even more expense.

Taxing Liberal supporters? Be careful now you may have to start paying more money to keep them
around. If I understand the polls of recent days if the NDP has their way the Liberals could be on the
endangered species list and that would cost us more money, and we would have to save them.

Actually I personally cannot complain about the medical lineups. They found out that I had a potential
serious problem and from first finding it to getting a cat scan, and an operation to remove it took me
less than a month. I am not rich, not a politician, nor a newspaper editor. I just cooperated and didn't
have the mistaken belief that I should be first, I treated people with respect and it got me the service I
needed without any problems.

I would never want to destroy the government media service the CBC they provide some great material
and things to think about regardless of what side of the fence you are on. CBC is one of the best
sources of information, I also like PBS in the USA, and CTV has some great coverage as well. Global?
well that is another matter, and FOX is comic relief.

MP Pensions? there were problems years ago, but not so much now, and besides while we focus on
those pensions they spend money on fighter jets without engines, that is a lot more than a pension will
ever cost. Besides I know some MP's and from different parties, and despite all our whining and bitching
they are by and large good money for value. They provide different insights into the problems and the
solutions, they work usually at least on call 7 days a week year round, and sometimes they even entertain
us, and you don't want to pay for that? Shame on you.

We want government passing laws, we just want them to think about what they are doing sometimes.
the last thing I want is to be subjected to the insane antics of our American Neighbours with their constant
ballot initiatives. Instead of being governed by politicians, they are now governed by special interest groups
directly. They are all crazy down their.

Now if I were Prime Minister, I would take in all the parades and festivals, I would have a special Wave
Mobile like the Pope's and I would have all the free food and booze that came with the job.
I would work at least 3 days a week and institute tax audits on my opponents and those I didn't like.
I would build an artificial lake from the money I would get selling the last artificial lake. I wouldn't pass any
laws therefore I wouldn't and couldn't be criticized for doing the wrong thing. When accused of doing
nothing I could say we did nothing so we wouldn't do the wrong thing. For those who complained they
could come to the office for free booze until they forgot about their problem.
See there are lots of things we can do and I fear perhaps many are already being done. Oh and I would
build into the system, the biggest fattest pension that is as good as a professional sports hero's annual
pay. No, no, I don't think there is anything else right now.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Damngrumpy, pretty good post, except that I am hurt that you dont know anything about the significance of the RAND formula and how its used to evaluate laws that violate our personal freedoms. For starters, IT ISN'T American.

If I was PM.....huh....good question and a difficult one.

Well, I'd introduce a carbon tax and put the revenues of that into renewables and tax credits for those that reduce their carbon footprint.

I'd eliminate the GST to help off set that.

I'd close all loopholes in the tax system by introducing a laddered flat tax that would make the first $15,000 of income tax free.

I would reform health care to resemble the French system.

I would make post secondary education free for those that qualify excluding the cost of books and residence.

I would set up our military to be a defensive one and would get out of all foreign conflicts and peace missions.

I would fully legalize pot and tax it.

I would stop sending money to poor countries where it mostly benefits the dictators running them.

I would create a national early learning program.

I would implement the Tobin tax to hinder the flow of capital out of Canada.

I would reward corporations for every job they create here.

I would make military boot camps part of the school curriculum.

I would fund abortion but I would also fund abstinence programs and fund programs to help single Moms to care for the children they choose to have.

I would get the mentally ill off the streets and into institutions where they can be helped.

I would create more affordable housing.

I would give aboriginals their land and give them the opportunity of self governance.

I would have a federal environmental watchdog group created to oversee what goes on at the oilsands.

I would push for a reasonable international agreement on carbon emissions reduction.

I would help fund public transit to make in virtually free.

I would invest heavily in infrastructure.

I would protect our water.

I would try and get Cuba to become a province.

.....that's all for now.

You are a card carrying Liberal, aren't you?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Damngrumpy, pretty good post, except that I am hurt that you dont know anything about the significance of the RAND formula and how its used to evaluate laws that violate our personal freedoms. For starters, IT ISN'T American.

You are a card carrying Liberal, aren't you?

No.

Take another look dummy.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
secondly, the first 15k of income is tax free already, except for the provincial portion that is was left unchanged somewhere around 12k.....but thats not the Fed's problem.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
secondly, the first 15k of income is tax free already, except for the provincial portion that is was left unchanged somewhere around 12k.....but thats not the Fed's problem.

You didn't answer my question Ray.

....and you're wrong.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Rand Formula was also used years ago in the federal system as part of first time
labour agreements. It said not everyone had to belong to the union but they paid dues.
It allowed the employer to attempt to undermine the union over time. I know it too well.
I was an organizer in the Broadcast field almost 40 years ago. No its not American .
I was familiar with it, but one just worked around it and we were successful one of the
few who were.